• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so wonโ€™t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you ๐Ÿ’ช

Congrats, friends ...ย  ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ @ Wembleyย  ...ย ย  Good luck to y'all!ย 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

just my post-mortem from the game, scotland deserve all the credit for manipulating the game in tempo,style and they gradually turned it into "Frenzy-ball" which suited them far more.ย 

southgate, for all his plaudits on the craotia decisions, got most wrong last night in hindsight. i was all for having shaw and james in the side rather than walker and trippier but honestly, what difference or improvement did they make , other than bizarrely being two of the most likely to get freee in thier box later on in the game, which brings me to kane, sterling and co, they faded out from minute one and it says something that you can count on one hand the number of real scoring opportunities any of our front 4/5 created or found themselves in, during the 90 plus minutes.ย 

the way we could have wrestled back the initiative was to bring on calvert-lewin for kane to mirror thier set-up and we needed henderson on to add combatitiveness to central midfieldย  because rice and phillips were being dragged all over the place by thier set-up. phillips has rightly been singled out for praise from game one but all that credit he accrued was wiped out by his poor display yesterday, he, for one should have been able to counteract thier frenzyball style seen as leeds operate very simiarly.

grealish didnt help his cause at all and id be more comfortable letting bellingham push for a start from what ive seen of the two so far.ย 

last gripe is that its criminal how patheticย  ย our corners and set pices were after the stones header which clearly showed they were vunerable.ย 

kane needs to keep out of midfield areas , hes the best finisher in world football , and a striker for gods sake.

pickford was class though , if it brings some comfort

• Like 1

The positives are.ย 
going into the tournament it was our defence that was questionable. But here we are yet to concede a goal. Pickford seems to be doing the business and we still have a great team (on paper) going forward with proper strength in depth.ย 
ย 

The negatives is plain for all to see and has already been mentioned in spades.ย 
ย 

I hope we kick in and the Czech game now is important to win if we want to top the group. I hope we see Grealish start and more from GS in attacking intent.ย 
The Kane problem is a big one as thereโ€™s no doubt heโ€™s an important player for us when heโ€™s on it. But if he continues the way he is at the moment then he needs dropping pronto

• Like 1
3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Very poor England performance.

I'm not surprised it ended in a draw as our games against Scotland are rarely straightforward, but I am surprised by just how badly some of the squad played.

Kane has looked a shadow of his former self for England.

I can't say I personally know a great deal about games against Scotland, I think I watched some of the 2-2 draw which was the most recent one? But other than that, not much personal experience.

Either way, the build-up seemed to be about how this was going to be the case, it wasn't going to be easy for us to win this game because Scotland will put everything into it, battle for every ball, etc. and we will need to match that. Last night did not feel like that at all. We seemed to be trying to be patient and manage the occasion which simply wasn't on show.

It's like Southgate and the players completely bought into the hype of the game and despite that kind of game not being played, we refused to adapt our game.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I can't say I personally know a great deal about games against Scotland, I think I watched some of the 2-2 draw which was the most recent one? But other than that, not much personal experience.

Either way, the build-up seemed to be about how this was going to be the case, it wasn't going to be easy for us to win this game because Scotland will put everything into it, battle for every ball, etc. and we will need to match that. Last night did not feel like that at all. We seemed to be trying to be patient and manage the occasion which simply wasn't on show.

It's like Southgate and the players completely bought into the hype of the game and despite that kind of game not being played, we refused to adapt our game.

It definitely felt like that to me.

The Scotland players were playing out of their skins, despite the general gulf in quality on paper, and seemed far more up for the game.

Andrew Robertson looked ready to kill during the anthems.

The England players didn't seem to be anywhere near as motivated. I don't know if thatย was down to complacency or just an off day.

But it's perhaps understandable given the match means far more to Scotland, both in general and during this tournament.

Their fans celebrated wildly at getting a 0-0 at Wembley, our fans booed a point that all but guaranteed we're in to the round of 16.

• Like 1

England were far too slow getting the ball forward, Southgate favorite Sterling came into the Euro's out ofย form and struggling to make the Man City 1st 11, watched him get owned by James in the cup final and Tierney last night not good enough.ย Rice plays DM for West Ham yetย ย still manages to get into the opposition box and score goals so he's obviously being told not to venture forward. Mason Mount persisted on taking the corners despite not being able to clear the 1st man and he's tracking back and putting a challenge in non existent. Kane is playing with he's back to goal most of the time he's a top striker and the midfieldย created absolutely nothing for him shouldn't need to be going deep.ย I don't rate Lyndon Dykes very highly yet he won just about every ball in the air and numerous free kicks.

A good coach can see when and where its going wrong and makes the subs and tactical changes to try and put it right, Southgate just isn't good enough to do that, fits the England coaching/managerย role well, nice inoffensiveย guy who won't criticize the team regardless of how they play says all the right things, and as done nothing at management level, he fits the profile, stick with nice guy Gareth, its one of the reasons Brian Clough never got the job and that is why weย are stillย lunching out on 1966.ย ย ย ย ย 

• Like 2

Personally, I quite enjoyed it. Scotland played fantastically well, but then they would.

Iโ€™d liken it to when a lower league team draws a premierย side in the cup. If they come for their big day out and they stick to the game plan, anything can happen.ย  Always the same when thereโ€™s a gulf in class (though Scotland have some good players here and there these days).

If anything England got off quite lightly.ย 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Personally, I quite enjoyed it. Scotland played fantastically well, but then they would.

Iโ€™d liken it to when a lower league team draws a premierย side in the cup. If they come for their big day out and they stick to the game plan, anything can happen.ย  Always the same when thereโ€™s a gulf in class (though Scotland have some good players here and there these days).

If anything England got off quite lightly.ย 

Yourย right England did get off lightly, ifย Scotland had a better strike force we'd have been well beat, Scotland's big playersย  (Robertson, Tierney, Gilmour, McGinn, McTominay, Adams,) turned up, while O'Donnell and Hanley were excellent, England playersย did not. I still think despite last nights result Scotland will still finish bottom because I fancy Croatia to nick something at Hampden park.

4 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Aren't you forgetting the bloke who chose to put him in charge while simultaneously implementing a budget-cutting exercise?

When we were in danger of getting relegated under Robson, (who had a few seasons under his belt by then), Gibson brought Venables in to help out. Southgate got no such assistance...which as a rookie manager I'm sure he would have welcomed.

ย 

The world was about to go into recession and Gibbo had the divorce that cost him 50mil

37 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

The world was about to go into recession and Gibbo had the divorce that cost him 50mil

He's still thinking with his ***, never went back to using his brain after that episode๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 1
5 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Have to admit his decision making was so utterly baffling that I'm inclined to go with the conspiracy theory angle that the match was fixed.ย ๐Ÿ˜

Or maybe GS was a one-tournament wonder and we're now seeing him simply duplicate what so many of his predecessors have done...play it safe and fail...

I wonโ€™t stretch to saying he was wonder. Hell England beat teams ranked below them then blow thereย biggest chance when it mattered most.ย 
When you fear loosing you will never win many, a English trait we see many times and again yesterday.ย 
ย 

Itโ€™s desperate people come up with the suggestion of a conspiracy,ย but understandable given the trash we fans had to watch. There is noย doubt they were a disgrace to theย country,ย the shirt, the fans.. GS and the players should be begging forgiveness it was embarrassing.. FF S the build up to the clash could never have been bigger, the anticipation enormous, and people planned there time and paid good money to watch a epic battle. Only one team turned up for the battle..ย 

5 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I wonโ€™t stretch to saying he was wonder. Hell England beat teams ranked below them then blow thereย biggest chance when it mattered most.ย 
When you fear loosing you will never win many, a English trait we see many times and again yesterday.ย 
ย 

Itโ€™s desperate people come up with the suggestion of a conspiracy,ย but understandable given the trash we fans had to watch. There is noย doubt they were a disgrace to theย country,ย the shirt, the fans.. GS and the players should be begging forgiveness it was embarrassing.. FF S the build up to the clash could never have been bigger, the anticipation enormous, and people planned there time and paid good money to watch a epic battle. Only one team turned up for the battle..ย 

No conspiracy we were crap, we have qualityย players no doubt about it, but we have a manager who ***ย himself on the day by going defensive.ย Iย bet Southgate'sย pre match talk is inspirational, Iย likenย it to putting a learner driver in charge of a fleet of Roll's Royce's we will do nothing with him in charge, superbย defender poor manager with no tacticalย nous.ย 

• Like 1

what England needย  to be able to win one of the BIG tournaments is aย  player cabable of running the game, an orchestrator if you like,ย  weve never ever had such a playerย  in the mould of pirlo, ballack, xavi, zidane or the likes. true weve had very good midfielders, defenders, strikers, full backs andย  creative players throughout the last 50 years but no orchestrator as such.ย  trouble is that i dont really see one being unearthed any time soonย  as those types usually seem to be foreign imports to the premier league restricting opportunities for english talent getting chance to develop.

maybe Scholes, Gerrard, Hoddle, or Wilkinsย  could have been taught to develop into this type with a few bits of tinkering butย  so many times we end up playing important games at the oppositions tempo as we did last night.ย 

basically it was played in a manner that an old firm game would, and guess which side were more comfortable with that.

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

True, but you'd think that with what he was saving in the transfer market, he'd be a little smarter about who he appointed as manager, or at least get some competent back-up for a rookie manager facing a tough challenge.

ย 

• Like 1
  • Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น