oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

3 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I’m pretty sure it’s only fans that discuss trying to plot an easier route through a tournament by throwing games. It’s a sure fire way for players to lose their confidence in their manager.

I'm pretty sure too. If any coach / manager openly talked about throwing a game, one Tweet would be all it took to cause a huge scandal and put that person out of a job.

But a canny one might pick a certain team and tactics that would guarantee they'd struggle. The players might think something was a bit funny...but there would be no proof of any shenanigans. 😉

In England's case though, I have to say Southgate strikes me as too honest a person. I'm sure he has way too much integrity to even consider something like that. But his cautious nature, team selections and tactics could end up having the same result. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Humpty said:

England need momentum and fast. Winning convincingly breeds that. 

I’m pretty sure it’s onlyfans that discuss trying to plot an easier route through a tournament by throwing games. It’s a sure fire way for players to lose their confidence in their manager.

a win is the only good result for England tonight.

Huh huh, huh huh... You said Onlyfans .. huh huh ...

Beavis And Butthead 90S Tv GIF

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Haven't looked threatening? They've had two of the highest xg ratings in their two games so far. They've had more of the ball than any team at the tournament. Their finishing has ranged from awful to unlucky so far, this is the only thing holding them back. That can change very quickly (see 6-0) so I think it's crazy to write them off and I also think calling their performances garbage a little crazy too - they've been more impressive than England for example.

Spains second half vs Sweden and quite a large portion of the game vs Poland they had all of the ball but did almost nothing with it. To me, they don't pass the eye test and I expect them to get knocked out pretty quickly (if they even make it through). They can't seem to finish, they spend all their time passing the ball sideways and their defence is incredibly suspect.

13 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Spains second half vs Sweden and quite a large portion of the game vs Poland they had all of the ball but did almost nothing with it. To me, they don't pass the eye test and I expect them to get knocked out pretty quickly (if they even make it through). They can't seem to finish, they spend all their time passing the ball sideways and their defence is incredibly suspect.

They've had 5 shots on target both their games (25 shots in total), so they've not just passed the ball sideways. England have managed 3 shots on target across 2 games (13 total). They've been unlucky in both games, some very good goalkeeping and having morata up front has hindered them. 

image.png.10581e1a62a4657edbdccee9187d96b2.png

Would like to see that team tonight, even thought about using Saka as LB and just overloading the Czech's right hand side - where most of their attacks came from first 2 games

*Assuming Maguire's not fit but if he is get him in for Mings

Just now, SouthernSmoggie said:

Rumours on Twitter that Saka starts tonight. 

Yeah, with no Sancho in the team either. No offence to Saka but Sancho getting no start in the group games is utter madness.

• Like 1

I seem to be in the minority that would prefer us to draw tonight and qualify in 2nd place in the hope that we play one of Sweden, Slovakia or Poland in the final round of 16. It would also make it simpler to get some valuable minutes into the likes of Maguire and Henderson - especially the latter since we're going to be without Mount for the final round of 16 game if we finish 2nd or 3rd. Even it we get Spain - if they finish 2nd too - then that would still be preferable to playing one of France, Germany or Portugal in the round of 16, as Spain look nothing to be afraid of.

Taking all emotions out of it, as impossible as it sounds, finishing second place is the best route for us. The understandable pressure on Southgate is likely to lead to us playing to win, Czech happily let us win and they take the 2nd spot and the easier route of playing someone like Slovakia, and then we get knocked out in the round of 16 against France, Germany or Portugal.

I hate this 3rd place qualification as it's just making it's making the head overrule the heart of simply just wanting to win every match. For football fans, major tournaments are all about emotion and passion of wanting to win every game so it's an impossible position for a manager to be in as they're usually best served by listening to their head and not heart. Hopefully they can resolve the current strange state of affairs for future major tournaments.

35 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, with no Sancho in the team either. No offence to Saka but Sancho getting no start in the group games is utter madness.

What has he done to Southgate?! The guy can't seem to buy any game time and he's probably one of the better forwards we have.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

If Sancho doesn't get 30-45 minutes tonight then I just don't know what Southgate is smoking.

Sounds silly but Sterling being the one to score against Croatia was a disaster... as it makes him even more undroppable in Southgate's eyes, depsite being the most out of form one-dimensional attacker in the squad.

And the fact Southgate constantly turns to an injured, equally out-of-form Rashford too is just utterly depressing. The Germans are literally laughing at us - they know how good both Sancho and Bellingham are. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I'm pretty sure too. If any coach / manager openly talked about throwing a game, one Tweet would be all it took to cause a huge scandal and put that person out of a job.

But a canny one might pick a certain team and tactics that would guarantee they'd struggle. The players might think something was a bit funny...but there would be no proof of any shenanigans. 😉

In England's case though, I have to say Southgate strikes me as too honest a person. I'm sure he has way too much integrity to even consider something like that. But his cautious nature, team selections and tactics could end up having the same result. 🤷‍♂️

He does a good enough selection job managing to leave the better players on the bench.. I had no idea that was called canny 😆 I can bet once the England team sheets are revealed the opposition breath a sigh of relief.. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

To be fair, I don’t take to much notice of social media. Let’s see when the official team sheet is revealed. I would like to see Jadon get a run out as well as Jack, I am using there first names in case the opposition is spying on the forum, could be bugs anywhere!                                                                   

🐛 

.. 🦟

Edited by sanddancer
  • Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹