oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

4 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Safe win today we didn't really get put under too much pressure. I have to say having not been his biggest fan Phillips was immense today and deserves the man of the match for me.

On paper the toughest game in the group and its a great win. That said we need to be more confident in what we are capable of we seemed comfortable without really pushing on. 

In case you care, Sterling got awarded MOTM today.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

Yeah I was a bit shocked at that. I thought Phillips was head and shoulders above everyone else and for some, including Sterling at times, that was saying something.

7 hours ago, Borodane said:

Classy booing the Croatian anthem. I’ve never understood that. Seems a bit disrespectful to me. Good luck chaps. Think you’ll win. 

Awful, when did this creep into the game. 

Phillips was quality and outshone Mason Mount who was playing in a role that more natural to Mount than it was to Phillips.

I'll be very interested to see how flexible Southgate is in switching about his formation as things progress. I'm not sure that formation is going to be trotted out for every game.

Fair play to Southgate though he got it bang on.

• Like 2

I think having three fairly solid centre midfelders (one dedicated to protecting the centre of defence) certainly helped. It shut down a lot of their effort through the middle and stopped Modric getting on the ball in dangerous areas. England ultimately nullified their greatest threat with that set up.

Edited by Humpty
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, Humpty said:

Phillips was quality and outshone Mason Mount who was playing in a role that more natural to Mount than it was to Phillips.

I'll be very interested to see how flexible Southgate is in switching about his formation as things progress. I'm not sure that formation is going to be trotted out for every game.

Fair play to Southgate though he got it bang on.

BBC said on the day that Southgate had said he'll play a team & formation that will help them win that specific game, so I hope he can be flexible! 

I don't think we will need that midfield 3 vs Scotland, for example. I imagine they will sit deeper (although I haven't watched much Scotland so might be wrong there!)

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

BBC said on the day that Southgate had said he'll play a team & formation that will help them win that specific game, so I hope he can be flexible! 

I don't think we will need that midfield 3 vs Scotland, for example. I imagine they will sit deeper (although I haven't watched much Scotland so might be wrong there!)

Scotland have a really good midfield, probably as good if not better than Croatia's, if not having the same star power (or former star power as the case may be). It's their strongest area.

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Scotland have a really good midfield, probably as good if not better than Croatia's, if not having the same star power (or former star power as the case may be). It's their strongest area.

In that case maybe we do need the same sort of style! Thanks for the info 🙂

scotland will e totally up or this game, perhaps too much so . and thats where we need to set our tactics, Grealish is a MUST for this particular game for no other reason than he will draw fouls and maybe a red card. my only worry is that we have everything to lose and they have nothing to lose .  pound for pound were a class above them and as long as we take the lead early ish i dont really see us losing the game. we need to use thier passion against them ...then hopefully humiliate them . i really dont get the hatred Scotland and wales have for us and how much it means to them to turn us over. ireland dont seem to be as anti english and my reactions are to prefer them far more than scotland and wales  ...i hope neither wins a single game in the tournament because of these reasons.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

scotland will e totally up or this game, perhaps too much so . and thats where we need to set our tactics, Grealish is a MUST for this particular game for no other reason than he will draw fouls and maybe a red card. my only worry is that we have everything to lose and they have nothing to lose .  pound for pound were a class above them and as long as we take the lead early ish i dont really see us losing the game. we need to use thier passion against them ...then hopefully humiliate them . i really dont get the hatred Scotland and wales have for us and how much it means to them to turn us over. ireland dont seem to be as anti english and my reactions are to prefer them far more than scotland and wales  ...i hope neither wins a single game in the tournament because of these reasons.

If you don't understand why other countries in the UK/Ireland don't want England to be successful then might I suggest you do a bit of historical/political research! Because it's very obvious if you think about it from a non biased perspective for a second. 

• Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹