oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

54 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He was taken off so someone else could come on purely to take a penalty. 

Come on @Neverbefore no way did Jordan Henderson signal to the bench “please take me off because I don’t want to take a penalty”

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Yeah maybe .. But Phillips (I think) .. took it off, before it was on .. He literally didn't allow the official to put it on .. 

weird because that’s likely the ever medal he’s going to get as a Leeds player 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

I'm sure they tuck them away for fun in training, its a different ball game when the pressure is on! 

If we keep telling ourselves that we are unlucky then we'll never improve our shootout record. 

As a penalty taker you are in total control of the situation, strike the ball well and you'll score 9 times out of 10. 

One of those things that maybe you have to give this young group the benefit of the doubt from too, I guess. Maybe it's easy to say in the aftermath of exactly what happened tonight but it really looked like we went top-heavy with penalty takers whereas Italy put their best one last because they probably know they're gonna go the distance. We wanted to win it early if anything.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Come on @Neverbefore no way did Jordan Henderson signal to the bench “please take me off because I don’t want to take a penalty”

That's not what I'm saying mate. I'm saying that as a senior member of the squad, and someone who was actually asked to take a penalty in a friendly leading up to the finals, he should have been making it clear throughout the tournament that he was going to be taking a penalty. Obviously he hasn't been able to convince Southgate of that whereas a couple of u21s have been able to. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

One of those things that maybe you have to give this young group the benefit of the doubt from too, I guess. Maybe it's easy to say in the aftermath of exactly what happened tonight but it really looked like we went top-heavy with penalty takers whereas Italy put their best one last because they probably know they're gonna go the distance. We wanted to win it early if anything.

I wouldn't really criticise anyone for missing one and I think you have to look at your more experienced players like Sterling and ask why they didn't take responsibility. 

Thats why I've never held a grudge against Southgate for missing one in 96, I admire him for having the balls to take one. 

Saying that I still don't think its down to luck at all, they held their nerve better than us and took better penalties. 

I don't feel robbed like I did in 90' and 96' either. In both of those games we were the better team over 120 minutes, that wasn't the case tonight, the best team won.  

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Get a sense of humour, a sense of perspective, or have a night off mate.  *** sick of the namby pamby crap on here.  I'm sure Dan is just fine, his feelings haven't been hurt, and he will get over being called a fanny in a joking manner by someone he doesn't know on the internet 🙄

Yeah I'm all good, my *** off wasn't malicious by the way. That said I do still feel like I could cry! 😂

Just not over CT's comments! 😂

• Like 1

Southgate fuckd it up. Its that simple.

Too defensive. No Grealish or Foden for most of the matches. 1 has to start at least. 4231 tonight with Grealish. 

It's like the Boro, we worry too much about what the opposition can do instead of what WE can do.

• Like 2

Why can't we just bloody enjoy a final, why can't we just respectfully enjoy a football match, why do we have to read any comments about this kind of behaviour.

Seems a bit daft in retrospect to have the final kick off so late. I kind of thought that earlier looking at Leicester Square. 8pm kick-off on a Sunday of all things. Seems ridiculous.

I know Trafalgar Square got worse after I left it 6 years ago for the play-off final but whilst I was there, the worst thing that was going on was people occupying the statue and putting their own lives at risk and something I didn't like very much was the lads booting a footy around that ended up bouncing around the nearby road. That was bad for sure, this is somehow even worse.

The Leicester Square thing, throwing bloody glass bottles around in the air, there's no preparation for that, there's no singular target of potential injury there, that's literally everyone beware 'cause there's absolute arseholes hanging around there and making an absolute mess at the risk of everybody else.

Idiots spoiling it for everybody else. Far too many for my liking.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
24 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah I'm all good, my *** off wasn't malicious by the way. That said I do still feel like I could cry! 😂

Just not over CT's comments! 😂

I know it wasn't mate.  Some of us are capable of understanding what is being said and how it's being said, that's why I knew I could call you a name without it breaking you.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I know it wasn't mate.  Some of us are capable of understanding what is being said and how it's being said, that's why I knew I could call you a name without it breaking you.

Good man! To be fair I've been called fair worse in my time 😂

But it is a gut wrenching way to lose a final.

3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

After that, and it's horrible to say, but the thing I'm most worried about is the racial abuse those 3 young black players will get on social media for missing penalties. 

Well played throughout the tournament, you far surpassed what I expected. 

Called it. 

And you'll still have fans saying "but every country does that". Disgusting.

• Like 2