oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

8 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Disclaimer: Violent content ... 

This is shocking behavior ... Why do the stewards guide those people out to that beating??? How can this be possible inside the stadium? 

Burn in hell, scumbags (those who did this and those who did nothing to stop it)

Sad that the few baboons destroy everything for all good people 😥

Harry Kane has made a statement with regards to the racist scum who abused the 3 England players " Your not England fans and we don't want you" and any decent England fan would say the same about the thugs in that video, they're  a  disgrace to our country vile horrible poor excuse for human beings.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole.

On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a wingback system for the final paid dividends almost instantly. That first half I felt as a team we were on top, pressed high up (and effectively) and largely looked very comfortable, limiting Italy to long range shots. 

2nd half however is where for the first time this tournament Southgate got it wrong in my opinion. Our press dropped off massively and we began to retreat deeper and deeper as the game went on. Despite that I do still think upto the goal we were still comfortable defensively. But in my opinion sitting that deep invites trouble and the equaliser would have come one way or another especially as Italy really started to squeeze us in. For me it was literally like a re-run of the semi vs Croatia.

We should have made changes earlier in the 2nd half, Saka for Trippier was a good move, but was a little late. We could have probably sacrificed Mount (who was very limited in the game) for Grealish too, his ability to draw defenders and fouls higher up the pitch, for me, could have turned the game on it's head. In hindsight bringing Rashford and Sancho on at the death in extra time was the wrong decision, personally I would have brought them on at HT of ET. That way they could affect the game in the here and now, but also you have them involved in the game before the penalty shootout. I can't fault any of them missing their penalties, as to be in that position is just unfathomable, in terms of pressure.

Onto the off field stuff. Southgate and the squad deserve huge credit, they are history makers, they stand-up for what they as a squad believe in and together have shown an incredible team spirit. They have also managed to engage most, if not all, facets of our society in England. The levels of support that have turned out for them (England) is like nothing I've seen before, with only the 2012 Olympics seeing similar levels of support and public engagement, that obviously had an entire UK element to it. They have managed to galvanise and lift the entire country and have given us all memories for a lifetime.

But there is also an ugly element to the off field side of things. Firstly the scenes yesterday of people without tickets rushing the ticket queues was shocking. Then we have the general thuggery undertones that reared their head (especially after the Penalties). I'm talking specifically about the element that go looking for fights with Italian's, other England fans and basically anyone else. The element that launch glass bottles or full cans into crowds or aiming at windows etc. Then obviously you have the element that see property damage as a perfectly acceptable thing to do in a crowd. Hopefully over time all involved with the above will be found and charged, by the Police/courts and hopefully the FA can also issue banning orders as another deterent. 

Then we have the very disgusting racial undercurrent, but others have delved into that aspect very well in this thread and as a board we've discussed this indepth in the past too. Think Gary Neville on Sky earlier today hit the nail on the head regarding the environment (coming from the top - Government) that's been fostered in the past 5-6 years.

If you read this far fair play, it was another typical English disappointment, but there is definitely hope (once more) for future tournaments. 

❤❤❤

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

Disclaimer: Violent content ... 

This is shocking behavior ... Why do the stewards guide those people out to that beating??? How can this be possible inside the stadium? 

Burn in hell, scumbags (those who did this and those who did nothing to stop it)

Sad that the few baboons destroy everything for all good people 😥

What are we actually seeing here?  Am I being thick or is that not people forcing a door into the stadium and then rushing inside?   Are we sure those aren't the ticketless fans getting into the stadium?  No excuse for the aggro like but you can hear some of the fans inside telling the stewards to do their job.  Not the usual stuff you here from thugs looking for a scrap.  And the Asian guy mentioned in the tweet is thrown back out the door by the stewards in the end, which would be an odd thing to do unless he wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What are we actually seeing here?  Am I being thick or is that not people forcing a door into the stadium and then rushing inside?   Are we sure those aren't the ticketless fans getting into the stadium?  No excuse for the aggro like but you can hear some of the fans inside telling the stewards to do their job.  Not the usual stuff you here from thugs looking for a scrap.  And the Asian guy mentioned in the tweet is thrown back out the door by the stewards in the end, which would be an odd thing to do unless he wasn't supposed to be there in the first place.

Literally his next tweet down, yes you are correct. Doesn't excuse the violence like, but yeah they're the ticketless people.

Looking forward to the WC now, assuming we qualify. In spite of a gut wrenching defeat we had a great tournament to end a miserable Boro season. The future looks bright for GS and his young team and it won't be a surprise if Southgate's  team goes a long way in Qatar. 

Onward and upward.

• Like 1

Those events highlight a woeful lack of planning and control over the entire day by the FA and Police which culminated in the scenes during and after the final.

It also shows the state that the country is now in with a generation believing that they are teflon and can't be touched in schools or on the streets and have zero respect for law and order which is now totally castrated in terms of coping with the monster created by decades of nannying.

That our Politicians are of the belief that they can trust the public to use common sense from the 19th July illustrates the total disconnect from reality we face with those entrusted with governance. Any hopes that people will be held accountable or that changes will be made after this are futile. It will be forgotten about and swept under the carpet along with the racial abuse. 

9 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Those events highlight a woeful lack of planning and control over the entire day by the FA and Police which culminated in the scenes during and after the final.

It also shows the state that the country is now in with a generation believing that they are teflon and can't be touched in schools or on the streets and have zero respect for law and order which is now totally castrated in terms of coping with the monster created by decades of nannying.

That our Politicians are of the belief that they can trust the public to use common sense from the 19th July illustrates the total disconnect from reality we face with those entrusted with governance. Any hopes that people will be held accountable or that changes will be made after this are futile. It will be forgotten about and swept under the carpet along with the racial abuse. 

Was there any particular age group involved? This seems to be taking a shot at younger generations when all the footage I've seen has been of people from many different age groups.