• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so wonโ€™t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you ๐Ÿ’ช

Congrats, friends ...ย  ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ @ Wembleyย  ...ย ย  Good luck to y'all!ย 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well that was terrible, the cynic in me thinks GS doesn't want to top the group in order to avoid facing the runner up of the group of death...

We'll have to play for a draw in the final game as well if that's the case which won't go down well ๐Ÿ˜‚

Finishing second would probably be better but at some point you're gonna actually have to beat a good team so you need some momentum.ย 

Sterling shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11. Playing Rice and Phillips together shouldn't be happening, especially against weak nations. God knows how Rashford seems to be first choice sub.

Southgate is such a spineless pleb. Biggest yes man going. Can see why Gibson loved him.

• Like 1

Very poor England performance.

I'm not surprised it ended in a draw as our games against Scotland are rarely straightforward, but I am surprised by just how badly some of the squad played.

Kane has looked a shadow of his former self for England.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Very poor England performance.

I'm not surprised it ended in a draw as our games against Scotland are rarely straightforward, but I am surprised by just how badly some of the squad played.

Kane has looked a shadow of his former self for England.

I hate it when Kane drops deep to search for the ball. Heโ€™s nowhere as good as Rooney at bringing it forward (when he use to do it) ย and we donโ€™t have a Son to link up with him like he does at Spurs

• Like 1

I thought I would wake up a bit calmer but didnโ€™t.ย 

I think the reason Kane didnโ€™t play well is the fact he is not getting the ball to do much with it. I donโ€™t think the England team is set up to his style of play. He also drops deep and having holding midfielders does not create chances.ย 

Sterling runs are just show pony stuff as he mostly runs into trouble, disrupts any sense of shape, or slows down attacks by stopping momentum and passing back.ย 
Midfield are not feeding the frontline hence the side passing and back because no one is moving to receive the ball.ย 

GS is at fault as I donโ€™t see a game plan and believe he shoe horns players hoping the players can sort out a pattern as they go along. He dithers on decisions, he does not motivate from the side line. He makes excuses to the media about youth yet he is the manager who has access to the country to pick from. The youth are not journeymen learning a trade, they get paid big bucks playing for recognized clubs and play under pressure week in, week out. The difference is the managers they play for.ย 

England ranking is not a true reflection of what they are, they over rated curtsy of playing a greater amount of weaker teams.ย 

On that note Scotland did well, congratulations you deserved it..ย 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I didn't realise discipline could potentially be decisive regarding qualification. When you consider the 3rd place teams will probably be on similar points and goal difference it makes McGinns booking all the more ridiculous and could even be costly if they were to finish 3rd in the group. It probably explains why there wasn't any real "derby" type challenges/friction in the game.

The conspiracy is on again!

youtube fashion GIF

ย 

1 hour ago, Dan1234 said:

Sterling shouldn't be anywhere near the first 11. Playing Rice and Phillips together shouldn't be happening, especially against weak nations. God knows how Rashford seems to be first choice sub.

Southgate is such a spineless pleb. Biggest yes man going. Can see why Gibson loved him.

Do we really need so much venom against the guy?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Do we really need so much venom against the guy?

Spineless pleb is hardly venom. How else would you describe such a gutless better off ideas and lack of substitutions?ย 

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

I hate it when Kane drops deep to search for the ball. Heโ€™s nowhere as good as Rooney at bringing it forward (when he use to do it) ย and we donโ€™t have a Son to link up with him like he does at Spurs

He did look lost for most of the game and as others have pointed out, ourย forward line looked completely isolated from the defenceย (a lot like watching Boro). Philips & Rice seemed to be additional defenders more than anything.

The only players who actually tried to get forward and make things happen wereย Foden and Mount...and Scotland seemed to have their number most of the time. Sterling always seems to think he's auditioning for Strictly (floats like a butterfly and stings like one too).

As Wilson said, England were crying out for some pace and inventiveness later in the game. I've no problem with Southgate bringing Rashford and Grealish on, but they weren't enough on their own. We also needed the likes of Sancho and/or Bellingham to give Scotland multiple problems to deal with.

Edited by AnglianRed
2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Spineless pleb is hardly venom. How else would you describe such a gutless better off ideas and lack of substitutions?ย 

My buzz word Chris.....a load of crap!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Have to admit his decision making was so utterly baffling that I'm inclined to go with the conspiracy theory angle that the match was fixed.ย ๐Ÿ˜

Or maybe GS was a one-tournament wonder and we're now seeing him simply duplicate what so many of his predecessors have done...play it safe and fail...

8 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Southgate is to blame for our demise from European finalists to mediocre championship side it started with himย 

Aren't you forgetting the bloke who chose to put him in charge while simultaneously implementing a budget-cutting exercise?

When we were in danger of getting relegated under Robson, (who had a few seasons under his belt by then), Gibson brought Venables in to help out. Southgate got no such assistance...which as a rookie manager I'm sure he would have welcomed.

ย 

• Like 2
  • Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น