oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I think its too defensive but I've been saying that all tournament so yous will probably win 4-0

I agree It’s defensive but as long as we keep it tight then 20 mins to “Release the hounds” the hounds in this case being Saka, Sancho, Rashford Grealish. (Obviously not all of them tho but that would be fun to watch) 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

No he isn't and that is the point NB4 is struggling to get across to you. People in NI who are English/Scottish descent are "British" and have affinity only to the Mainland. That is what the bonfires are all about and symbolising, they are celebrating a victory from 1690, that's right, 1690! That is how strong their allegiance to the English Crown is, this is right here and right now not something that happened years ago, it is being celebrated today. 

It is an extremely complex bit of political history and euphemistic mismanagement over centuries. 

It's not the "English" crown.

The whole issue started under a Scottish King.

But I'm not going to try and drag it on because there's no way of changing an opinion on this issue.

I apologise for biting.

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

I agree It’s defensive but as long as we keep it tight then 20 mins to “Release the hounds” the hounds in this case being Saka, Sancho, Rashford Grealish. (Obviously not all of them tho but that would be fun to watch) 

Not sure you've come against as potent an attack as Italy though. Certianly not one that moves the ball from defence to attack as quick as them. So unsure the tactic will work this time around, but it will be fascinating either way

I know the full backs will bomb on, but we do appear to be playing seven primarily defensive players in a final against a team that defends better than it attacks (though it's good at both). Seems overly pessimistic, but we shall see if it's a masterclass or a mistake.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's not the "English" crown.

The whole issue started under a Scottish King.

But I'm not going to try and drag it on because there's no way of changing an opinion on this issue.

King James or William of Orange, the sad thing is that 99% of the English and Welsh population would struggle to pinpoint their dates or even who they were!

That an English Queen or King declares themselves (rightfully politically) as the British Monarch is the crux of the problem for many in Scotland and in Northern Ireland (and indeed to a lesser extent in Wales). You are correct it's not an "English" crown unless you have a celtic (who arguably are the true Britons had it not been for those Romans) mindset who still see the King or Queen as an occupying ruler. Imagine how you would feel if we were all now speaking German (or perhaps in the future Chinese) and ask yourself how you would want your grandchildren and great grandchildren to feel, accepting, succumbing meekly to their fate or forever British?

Meanwhile lets give those occupying Romans a bl**dy nose tonight!

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if mount has been told to focus on Jorginho all night when defending. Seen a couple of teams try to man mark Jorginho with some success. I would presume that is why it is mount over saka

32 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Right, enough about what happened centuries ago, or whether Loyalism has a future in Ireland. Football time. Politics can wait until tomorrow.

Question - is anyone on here watching ITV over the BBC?

BBC all the way!

• Like 1

Interesting selection. Looking like we're very much trying to win that midfield battle, I'm wondering if Mount is actually playing behind Kane and Sterling as opposed to on the right-wing? Perhaps he'll drift around a bit and that should be alright given Trippier and Walker are both available on that side.

No Foden, Chilwell or White in the squad tonight. Shame about Foden as he's a good option from the bench in this side.

It does look a little like the Germany game too, where maybe we will try to contain the threat for long portions of the game and frustrate the Italians, Mount and Sterling are really gonna be key to doing anything in the attacking areas but this is once again set up for Grealish to come on later on if we are still level.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Interesting selection. Looking like we're very much trying to win that midfield battle, I'm wondering if Mount is actually playing behind Kane and Sterling as opposed to on the right-wing? Perhaps he'll drift around a bit and that should be alright given Trippier and Walker are both available on that side.

No Foden, Chilwell or White in the squad tonight. Shame about Foden as he's a good option from the bench in this side.

It does look a little like the Germany game too, where maybe we will try to contain the threat for long portions of the game and frustrate the Italians, Mount and Sterling are really gonna be key to doing anything in the attacking areas but this is once again set up for Grealish to come on later on if we are still level.

Foden is injured. Not for long, but couldn’t run properly yesterday. That’s why he isn’t in the squad

Just now, BoroJake said:

Foden is injured. Not for long, but couldn’t run properly yesterday. That’s why he isn’t in the squad

Aye I know mate, I think even given the strength of the bench that is a big miss from it, though. Even if it's only short term, I can only imagine it must be pretty bad for him to entirely miss this game. Quite a few points in the game where you could see value in bringing him on.

3 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I love how Gareth talks actual tactics in his pre match interviews rather than just the usual meaningless soundbites.

Getting nervous now.

I'll be bricking it come kick off, bag of bloody nerves now.

• Like 1