• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

This is the side we deservedly beat Croatia with in November 2018, the last time we played them:

Screenshot_20210613-112621_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e4626ce2d0fd8ff4bef2797256bd82d4.jpg

I'd say today's line-up is much better than that, even with the oddity of Trippier at left-back.

The best Croatian players are all 3 years older and the wrong side of 30 since then too.

Yeah croatia are being overhyped a little. They're not a great team, they've lost to some average teams and drawn against some woeful teams in the last couple of years. I think yous will, or should, win comfortably here. I'd just be worried if I was an England fan about some of the decisions he's made here. Put that side out against any of the top 5 or 6 teams in Europe and it's struggling at both ends of the pitch imo. 

8 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Pickford

Walker Stones Mings Shaw

Rice Phillips

Sterling Mount Grealish

Kane

I'd love to see this team especially with Henderson and Maguire coming in for Phillips and Mings respectively. Could argue there would be a lack of out and out pace (although Foden and Mount aren't exactly slow).

2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Think he's got it wrong if the rumoured lineup that's going around is right

Mings and stones is an accident waiting to happen, why on earth would be put trippier at left back when he has shaw and chillwell? 

Phillips is a decent player but a midfield 3 of rice, Phillips and mount isn't exactly going to scare anyone. And to keep faith with sterling over grealish after the season they've both had is absolutely baffling. 

If foden and kane can carry their club form England do still have a decent chance, but to me that side just looks like it's too reliant on those individuals to be serious contenders. 

If that's true that is a bit strange. Genuinely thought he might go for a back 5 with Maguire out injured, just for the added protection at the back, especially with Stones and Mings at the heart of defence.

Trippier on the left over Shaw and Chilwell (pre-game) looks the wrong call, but potentially has he spotted a weakness/strength in the Croatia side that Trippier may be able to exploit better than the other two. Or is it more with a view point of set pieces.

Think Rice and Phillips are needed today to match/nullify the Croatian midfield 3. No qualms with them both playing on that front.

Also think the front four of Sterling, Foden, Mount and Kane has a good balance to it. Sterling with the out and out pace, Kane potentially dropping into the pocket with Mount and Foden bursting forwards seems a good prospect. For me Kane needs to have runners around/off him.

Then Grealish coming off the bench layer in the game is an exciting prospect.

Pickford

Trippier

walker

Stones

Mings

Rice

Philips

sterling

Mount

Foden

Kane

confirmed starting line up

Trippier is an odd one but can't argue too much with the rest. I don't think you can play mount foden and grealish as there's no pace to get in behind and you would end up playing in front of their defence all day

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Chillwell isn't even on the bench, so he must be injured.

I think we can only name a matchday 23. But I'd be shocked if Chilwell didn't make the 23 normally unless he's injured. 

Chilwell, Maguire and Sancho all not in the 23.

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

I think we can only name a matchday 23. But I'd be shocked if Chilwell didn't make the 23 normally unless he's injured. 

Chilwell, Maguire and Sancho all not in the 23.

2 goalkeepers on the bench, it's definitely injury related.

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

2 goalkeepers on the bench, it's definitely injury related.

Not disagreeing as my initial thought was Chilwell or Shaw would have been injured if Trippier was playing LB. But at tournaments they normally name 2 sub keepers don't they?

• Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹