oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Scotland have a really good midfield, probably as good if not better than Croatia's, if not having the same star power (or former star power as the case may be). It's their strongest area.

Not sure McTominay, McGinn and Armstrong are in the same bracket as Kovacic, Modric and Brozovic in my opinion. But it is only my opinion.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Not sure McTominay, McGinn and Armstrong are in the same bracket as Kovacic, Modric and Brozovic in my opinion. But it is only my opinion.

Like I said, not the same star power, but they function very well as a unit. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I wouldn't have said Rice, Mount and Phillips were either but they made that Croatia trio look like chumps yesterday!

• Like 1

Like I said, not the same star power, but they function very well as a unit. 

I'm with Dan. They aren't in the same class.

My comments were retrospective of this performance to be fair. Whilst McTominay and McGinn are a good standard, i'd still find it hard to say they're of a similar standard to the likes of Kovacic and Modric.

1 minute ago, Humpty said:

My comments were retrospective of this performance to be fair. Whilst McTominay and McGinn are a good standard, i'd still find it hard to say they're of a similar standard to the likes of Kovacic and Modric.

A lot of its down to how Croatia have played lately, they've won 2 in 9 I think? And drawn against a couple of really bad teams recently. They're bang out of form and their midfield hasnt been able to do anything about that, a d they were poor again yesterday. On the other hand Scotland have qualified mostly on the strength of their midfield and obviously their left back. So I'm that context I think my claim had some merit, though obviously as individual players I agree they're not of the same quality. 

If you don't understand why other countries in the UK/Ireland don't want England to be successful then might I suggest you do a bit of historical/political research! Because it's very obvious if you think about it from a non biased perspective for a second

Err yeah, you first mate.

If you do a bit of historical research then you'll find that England spent hundreds and hundreds of years being attacked and invaded by just about every bugger, but especially the Scots, Welsh and Irish.  Then after a long, long time of this we had enough, started giving some back, and got a lot better at it than the people who had been doing it to us for so long.  Now, that won't be the history that you are talking about because the history you are talking about is limited to Ireland being the downtrodden victims.  But before they were the victims, they were often the aggressors. 

• Like 2

It's worth considering that the game against Scotland could end up being a very different type of game to the one against Croatia.  When two British teams go at it, the football is often more like domestic football here than international football.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Err yeah, you first mate.

If you do a bit of historical research then you'll find that England spent hundreds and hundreds of years being attacked and invaded by just about every bugger, but especially the Scots, Welsh and Irish.  Then after a long, long time of this we had enough, started giving some back, and got a lot better at it than the people who had been doing it to us for so long.  Now, that won't be the history that you are talking about because the history you are talking about is limited to Ireland being the downtrodden victims.  But before they were the victims, they were often the aggressors. 

I didn't realise that occupation was still going on for your lot. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I didn't realise that occupation was still going on for your lot. 

It's not still going on for you lot either.  Any excuse though I suppose.  Keep that non biased perspective up mate 🙂

5 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

If you don't understand why other countries in the UK/Ireland don't want England to be successful then might I suggest you do a bit of historical/political research! Because it's very obvious if you think about it from a non biased perspective for a second. 

The hatred for England especially from a Scottish perspective, now is just a habit. They grow up with it. It’s so deeply ingrained it them they can’t really help it it’s part of their DNA. Having lived in Scotland for many years and witnessed it first hand it’s the reason I can’t bring myself to support Scotland in any sporting event. The media really do fuel this as it sells so well and the jocks just lap up what they serve. Mind you saying that means the game on Friday will be extremely difficult. To Scotland were their Cup final wether they progress from the group stages or not if they beat England their euros would be classed as successful. Wales is similar but too a lesser extent. Some of the anti English vitriol I’ve seen/heard from parents and coaches in football in teams as young as U10 is embarrassing. So if we are talking from a non biased viewpoint it has to work both ways

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The hatred for England especially from a Scottish perspective, now is just a habit. They grow up with it. It’s so deeply ingrained it them they can’t really help it it’s part of their DNA. Having lived in Scotland for many years and witnessed it first hand it’s the reason I can’t bring myself to support Scotland in any sporting event. The media really do fuel this as it sells so well and the jocks just lap up what they serve. Mind you saying that means the game on Friday will be extremely difficult. To Scotland were their Cup final wether they progress from the group stages or not if they beat England their euros would be classed as successful. Wales is similar but too a lesser extent. Some of the anti English vitriol I’ve seen/heard from parents and coaches in football in teams as young as U10 is embarrassing. So if we are talking from a non biased viewpoint it has to work both ways

To be honest the biggest issue for me isn't history or politics so much as it is the media coverage we receive here. We get the UK (read -english) media, I have to watch all these games with English commentators, have to listen to all the biased coverage and see conversation of every game or event turned to how it impacts England. After 33 years on this earth it gets a bit sickening like! It would be like you having to watch the french coverage and French media viewpoint in your own country. I know thats not the primary reason for a lot of people but it is for me

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

To be honest the biggest issue for me isn't history or politics so much as it is the media coverage we receive here. We get the UK (read -english) media, I have to watch all these games with English commentators, have to listen to all the biased coverage and see conversation of every game or event turned to how it impacts England. After 33 years on this earth it gets a bit sickening like! It would be like you having to watch the french coverage and French media viewpoint in your own country. I know thats not the primary reason for a lot of people but it is for me

I’ve heard this before from other UK nations (not England obviously) and I 100% agree it would annoy  the hell out of me too. Unfortunately I don’t know how to fix that. 🤷‍♂️

• Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹