oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น

4 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I didn't realise that occupation was still going on for your lot.ย 

We've been occupied by the Saxons and then the Normans ever since Athelstan assassinated Erik Bloodaxe and then started putting their cronies in positions of power. Compared to the Harrying of the North, Cromwell and Longshanks were like benevolent uncles..ย  a lot of people do know their history and when asked "are you English?", I tend to say,ย  "No, I'm from Yorkshire"..ย  ..ย  I would recommend that anyone who does get the chance should see an England v Scotland game just for the atmosphere..ย  my mistake was choosing 1977 ๐Ÿ™‚ย ย 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so wonโ€™t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you ๐Ÿ’ช

Congrats, friends ...ย  ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ @ Wembleyย  ...ย ย  Good luck to y'all!ย 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

Iโ€™ve heard this before from other UK nations (not England obviously) and I 100% agree it wouldย annoy ย the hellย out of me too. Unfortunately I donโ€™t know how to fix that. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

I doย ๐Ÿคฃ

• Erimus 63 changed the title to England v Scotland

Scotland losingย was good for us as now they have to get something out of the game. This will make it much more open and the likes of Kane, Rashford Stirling and Sako will definitely find themselves in space

The formย book goes out the window and England v Scotland will not be a easy game. Scotland may not have great individual players but they work pretty well as a unit and create chances. They are up against England and for sure the the effort will raise another 25% and they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If they win this match and lose every other they will be heroes for years to come and not just in Scotland, and they know it. Itโ€™s there cup final, a chance to make the headlines, a chance for a place in folk law history, a chance to be worshiped andย there names to be etched in stone.ย The England players carry a heavy burden unlike any other game they will ever encounter andย theย world media and Kranky are waiting like vultures ready to pick over the carcass and it wonโ€™t be pretty should they lose.ย 
I donโ€™t think there is a game that means so much to so many fans itโ€™s the biggest game of the tournament by far. Nothing but a England win is or will be acceptable, period.ย 

I think this will be a battering. The Scots have to attack as they need to get a win after ruining their own chances on Monday. They look wide open at the back and I reckon England's pacey counterattack will cut them to bits.

• Like 1

its going to be a long 90minutes for scotland i suspect. they have a mountain to climb and face a team who are basically prefect side to exploit their gapping weaknesses. it'll be a comfortable win for england. we just have to much for them i think.ย 

i'm normally englands biggest critic but even i cant see this one going any other way than a win for us.

Watching the Scotland defence all at sea and then their attackย just reinforced how lucky we were to dodge Lyndon Dykes It doesn't bode well for them at all on Friday. Thereย was seemingly no cohesiveness or understanding between them. They were receiving the ball,ย standing around looking for a Navy shirt to open up space,ย make a run when nobody was moving or even looking to read the next phase of play. They looked totally disconnected and disjointed and it baffled me how they managed to qualify on that performance.

There is only so much that pride and determination can substitute skill and ability. If England come out of the blocks the way they did against Croatia that Scotland team will be four down by half time and a cricket score unless Gareth takes the foot off the pedal to conserve his Players energy. What on earth Marshall was doing so far up the pitch for that second goal just underlines the naivety from front to back. I'll be surprised if the scoreline isn't at least by five or more goals in England's favour.

• Like 1

Meh - our boys will smash the kilt-wearing, haggis-munchers!

*cough*

Sorry, I mean I'm sure England will prove too strong both defensively and in their attacking qualities, against our valiant neighbours from the north.ย ๐Ÿ˜

As Rioja said, effort and determination will only get you so far. I expect they may manage to stifle us for half an hour or so, but I think England's superior skills will start to tell sooner rather than later.

Reckon we'll be at least 1-0 by half time. Might catch them cold early in the second half and maybe sneak a late goal too. Especially if Southgate lets the kids off the leash later in the game. We could run rings around Scotland.

Prediction: England 3 - 0 Scotland

ย 

• Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น