• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so wonโ€™t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you ๐Ÿ’ช

Congrats, friends ...ย  ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ @ Wembleyย  ...ย ย  Good luck to y'all!ย 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

southgate has totally lost the plot. hes effing clueless

And people want him to play for a draw ๐Ÿ˜‚

This is the sort of widespread reaction at a team sheet, the knives will be out if we don't win.

Drawing (and finishing 2nd) would put us on the same side of the tournament as Italy and Belgium (at least one of whom will be knocked out by the semis). I'd rather we went for the win, even if it meant a harder last 16.

We can't win the tournament without beating one or two top teams. Why not in the last 16?ย 

• Like 1

Well in case anyone was wondering, this is our starting lineup (according to the BBC).

896715893_CzechRepvEngland.thumb.PNG.151f967d7e3b35ee1965846733fb7a79.PNG

Grealish for Foden isn't a bad swap - though I guess we will be relying on winning free kicks a lot more than actually getting through the Czech defence.

Other than that I'm not seeing much difference from our previous games. I foresee another frustrating evening of backwards and sideways passing and set pieces that come to nothing.

If Saka and Grealish can't produce some magic, I'm struggling to see where our attacking threat will come from.

Southgate is evidently worried enough by the Czechs that he's gone for our #1 keeper again, instead of Henderson.

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

Lad at work said Southgate mentioned someone was nursing a knock and they were checking him today. Foden isn't even in the 23 tonight so I'm guessing that was the one he was talking about. I wouldn't read too much into him being dropped.

Honestly though, why is Henderson even there at this point. He's a better player than Rice and Phillips at his best, if he's not fit to play in a single group game then he shouldn't be there at all, simple as. I guess we'll see if he gets a few minutes in the 2nd half. I think with Mount and Foden out, he'll struggle to make changes without bringing Sancho on so fingers crossed he actually gets his chance. You have to wonder what the lad has to do though, Saka surely must be doing better in training right now. By no means is Saka a bad player but I don't think it's even a contest right now between him and Sancho at club level.

• Like 2

Glad we've got Phillips and Rice inย ย in wouldn't want the Czech's running riot in midfield,ย hopefully we'll play 3 defensive midfielders when we come against one of the better teams, what a plank Southgate is.ย What did he learn from the Scotlandย game absolutely *** all by the looks of it.ย 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Drawing (and finishing 2nd) would put us on the same side of the tournament as Italy and Belgium (at least one of whom will be knocked out by the semis). I'd rather we went for the win, even if it meant a harder last 16.

We can't win the tournament without beating one or two top teams. Why not in the last 16?ย 

More accurately, we can't win the tournament with our conservative "game management" approach, trying not to expend too much energy, avoid risking injuries and looking to hit teams on the break now and then.

What we need to do is play the way Denmark did last night. Show some actual desire to win, maintain the intensity and don't sit on a slender lead. We need to be relentless and push home our advantage, should we get one.

Otherwise the last 16 will be as far as we go. We will get taught a lesson by the likes of France, Germany, Belgium or Italy.

ย 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

We only stay at Wembley if we win the group, is that correct?

Yes I think that is correct CT

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Lad at work said Southgate mentioned someone was nursing a knock and they were checking him today. Foden isn't even in the 23 tonight so I'm guessing that was the one he was talking about. I wouldn't read too much into him being dropped.

Honestly though, why is Henderson even there at this point. He's a better player than Rice and Phillips at his best, if he's not fit to play in a single group game then he shouldn't be there at all, simple as. I guess we'll see if he gets a few minutes in the 2nd half. I think with Mount and Foden out, he'll struggle to make changes without bringing Sancho on so fingers crossed he actually gets his chance. You have to wonder what the lad has to do though, Saka surely must be doing better in training right now. By no means is Saka a bad player but I don't think it's even a contest right now between him and Sancho at club level.

Saka offers more defensively is the reason I suspect.

Foden was dropped because he's on a yellow card and Southgate didn't want to take the risk.ย  What surprised me is that he's the only England player to pick up a yellow card so far.ย  Seems slightly odd that.

1 minute ago, Blanco said:

So I suppose the question is, from an England perspective, are we more likely to beat the better teams at home or at a neutral or even away venue?

5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

This quote from GS on BBC's live text seems to confirm that:

"It is a rarity in tournament football. There is a prize because we want to stay at Wembley and it is a great opportunity for people but a consequence of not doing so well is less fatal. It is great night for our attacking players to express themselves."

You'd think that alone would be a massive incentive to go for the win. Lets see if the manager and players act that way...

ย 

• Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น