oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'm sure you'd do the same for Ireland, haha, and I probably wouldn't blame you.

Actually no. I would prefer that Boro win a major trophy than Ireland tbh. That way I can be smug to 99.99% of the population over here for a year ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so wonโ€™t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you ๐Ÿ’ช

Congrats, friends ...ย  ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ @ Wembleyย  ...ย ย  Good luck to y'all!ย 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It would be great to share the joy with millions rather than a few hundred thousand.

That's the reason I'd take Boro over England. Feels more special when it's a smaller group of people who get to enjoy the moment.ย 

ย 

I wouldn't complain at an England Euro, World cup double though...

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

That's the reason I'd take Boro over England. Feels more special when it's a smaller group of people who get to enjoy the moment. ย ๐Ÿ‘

ย 

I wouldn't complain at an England Euro, World cup double though... ๐Ÿ˜ก

ย 

How many times in the past would we have lost that type of game...especially with how the draw has opened up.ย 

@SmogDaneย I shed a tear purely because of the people no longer with us that would have loved to see that and the last world Cup. (Thinking of close family).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

welldone England and good on ya GSย  for being proactive rather than reactive with the Grealish introduction. once again Pickford was immense and the back 3 all had great games.ย 

sidenote , ive noticed that its 7/7 so far in this KO round for teams wearing white.

24 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

That's the reason I'd take Boro over England. Feels more special when it's a smaller group of people who get to enjoy the moment.ย 

ย 

Goodย omen for the Boro.

The one and only time England won a cup, weย were promoted the next season. Glorious memories of Englandย 1966 and Boro promoted 66/67 season.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I think for me it's partly about the connection to the area too.ย I don't hold much connection to the entirety of England but I love coming from Middlesbrough, I've lived and worked in a few places around the country and I still remember 5.5 years ago when I was living and working in London, I hit a real brick wall. I was really unhappy, I'd just moved jobs and I felt like an imposter working amongst people that I just couldn't make a strong connection with.

Interestingly, there was one lad who I worked with who I remember quite well during the 3-4 months we worked together, was a Romanian lad about my age and even though he wasn't a huge football fan, it turns out him and his family were Steaua fans and he remembered growing up with that Middlesbrough game as part of their history so we got chatting a fair bit through that.ย I don't know if that connection is what started to drive me home but it was part of a process. I spoke to him a lot, I was reading Jonathan Wilson's Brian Clough Biography 'Nobody Ever Says Thank You', I was listening to an awful lot of Cattle & Cane.

12 months later (just after we got promoted as well) I was back in Middlesbrough living with my brother, working for a company based in Sunderland. As with everyone, had my ups and downs since then but I've rarely doubted my ability to connect with people in some way since, always been working with people from Boro, people who just know what it's like to have grown up up here. I just love it and I don't think I would swap it for anything.

So yeah, for me, I will always support England but I'll never ever feel the way I do about England as a whole as I do with the mighty Boro. For me, it's not just about the club, it's about the town. If there's such thing as patriotism about a town, that's where I sit.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Goodย omen for the Boro.

The one and only time England won a cup, weย were promoted the next season. Glorious memories of Englandย 1966 and Boro promoted 66/67 season.

I was camping in Scotland with mum and dad, they would have enjoyed today, God Bless There Souls..ย 

• Like 3

ย I was reading Jonathan Wilson's Brian Clough Biography 'Nobody Ever Says Thank You', I was listening to an awful lot of Cattle & Cane.

@ wilsoncgp

ย 

Just googled that Cloughy Biography. The photo on the front coverย of him smoking amazed me. I never realised he was a smoker. I'm surprised they didn't airbrush it out in this anti smoking era.

• Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น