oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Makes me cringe when our media ask stupid questions like that to opposition teams. 🤦‍♂️

Think he answered pretty well tbf.

The question was fine. The way it was worded was pathetic and deserved contempt. Think Kasper showed his class and humour in the way he answered it tbf 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

1 hour ago, p_mards said:

Kasper Schmeichel's response to this question about "football coming home" is sure to get loads of coverage 😂

Not that I think it was a good question, or a bad response from the friendly ghost, but isn't the "Football coming home" thing based on the fact that football was invented/started in England, rather than because we think we're really good at it? That's how i always took it. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The Danish media were asking similarly daft questions of Southgate and Kane an hour ago.

I didn't see that. But then I tend not to pay much attention to other countries' media.

I just know ours have a reputation for asking dumb questions like this to teams or individuals from other countries, regardless of the sport...be it football, racing, tennis, or whatever.

Maybe the Danes were being tongue-in-cheek. Maybe ours are too...but it always sounds like they're desperately fishing for quotes.

3 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I didn't see that. But then I tend not to pay much attention to other countries' media.

I just know ours have a reputation for asking dumb questions like this to teams or individuals from other countries, regardless of the sport...be it football, racing, tennis, or whatever.

Maybe the Danes were being tongue-in-cheek. Maybe ours are too...but it always sounds like they're desperately fishing for quotes.

Harry Kane literally said that he'd text Christian Eriksen once since the incident a couple of seconds before a Danish journalist then went to ask whether he'd be in contact with him since the incident. Leading to him awkwardly repeating what he'd just said.

Another asked if Southgate would be seeking revenge for his failures in 1996.

• Wow 1
3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The question was fine. The way it was worded was pathetic and deserved contempt. Think Kasper showed his class and humour in the way he answered it tbf 

Thats why it was cringeworthy. Referencing a jingoistic song to try and get a quotable response (which I think they got anyway). While technically it was accurate, it was also needlessly self-serving and rather arrogant-sounding.

1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

Not that I think it was a good question, or a bad response from the friendly ghost, but isn't the "Football coming home" thing based on the fact that football was invented/started in England, rather than because we think we're really good at it? That's how i always took it. 

I'm not sure our journalists are smart enough to think of it like that. 🤪

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Harry Kane literally said that he'd text Christian Eriksen once since the incident a second before a Danish journalist asked whether he'd be in contact with him since the incident.

Another asked if Southgate would be seeking revenge for his failures in 1996.

Wow - I always figured foreign media were a bit smarter and less "gonzo" thatn out (except the US).

I thought we'd already got our revenge for 1996 over the Germans? 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I think Baddiel and Skinner literally wrote the line for that exact purpose.

• Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Wow - I always figured foreign media were a bit smarter and less "gonzo" thatn out (except the US).

I thought we'd already got our revenge for 1996 over the Germans? 🤷‍♂️

They did seem to be trying to goad an aggressive response from Kane and Southgate at times.

They both handled the questions well as usual though.

• Like 1
Just now, SmogDane said:

It's good .. and I think it will be a great game 😍

I have an old school friend living out in Copenhagen and he's said the mood is good! 

I hope it is a good game! The atmosphere (from an England perspective) will be incredible.

I'm feeling nervous purely because it's a semi final (1 step away from the big one), but also have a feeling England may just do a proper solid job tomorrow.

Although literally anything can happen! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I wish you all the best ... 

I'm sure we will all go back to being one big, happy boro family after all this.....

Unless England loses of course, in which case, we'll just be miserable @rseholes and hate you forever!

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹