• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

I didn't see that. But then I tend not to pay much attention to other countries' media.

I just know ours have a reputation for asking dumb questions like this to teams or individuals from other countries, regardless of the sport...be it football, racing, tennis, or whatever.

Maybe the Danes were being tongue-in-cheek. Maybe ours are too...but it always sounds like they're desperately fishing for quotes.

All counties media ask stupid questions, it's in their DNA.

Results aside tomorrow’s game/atmosphere will be fantastic. Both got really great sets of fans. Denmark have the whole Erikson story and England have their always the bridesmaid story. 
it’s at Wembley that makes it special for England but to beat us there would be unbelievable for Denmark. The whole world has been in darkness and this is the shining light for so many. Unfortunately there has to be a loser but without been cheesy football will win tomorrow

• Like 1

Suppose we better resurrect this thread now. 

Sunday vs Italy...do we stick with the same 11? Or would anyone make changes?

For me I'd stick with the 4-3-3 and the same 11. Think we'll want to have Sterling and Saka in the team for their out and out pace against Bonucci and Chiellini. I really like Grealish but think he is much better coming off the bench and affecting a game later on vs tired defenders.

I'd have a really heavy focus trying to replicate the move that got us our first goal vs the Danes. Kane dropping a bit deeper and picking the runner making the run in-between the centre back and fullback. With Spinazzola out injured I think there is a slight weakness in the fullback area for Italy. I also think if we can get Bonucci and Chiellini coming out to wider areas against Sterling and Saka we'll have success.

My main concern however is the speed at which Italy can counter attack but also their general speed in the transition anyway. We got caught cold a couple times vs Denmark when they countered, I think this Italy side may punish us. Think keeping Walker at rightback (especially with his pace) may help a little bit to negate the Italian speed.

Also expect Rice and Phillips to sit a bit deeper (and closer) to Stones and Maguire. Few times against Denmark we saw Rice and Phillips press higher up, but Stones and Maguire didn't push up with them, which left some big gaps in between the two pairs.

That said we looked so much more comfortable when we (collectively) were higher up the pitch vs Denmark. With Stones and Maguire pushed higher up and then effectively having a midfield four of; Shaw, Phillips, Rice and Walker.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

• Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

This is easy the toughest match we will have played. Italy The best and most consistent team throughout the tournament and are deservedly the favourites. 
Not sure how I feel about it yet 

Its the classic cliche its whoever takes their chances that will win. I can see it being cagey and tense and may be a 1-0. History favour Italy given that they have never lost to us in a tournament and you would probably have them as favourites.

However I feel we have depth that we didn't have at the world Cup. I feel Saka and Sterling will cause mass problems. But then Grealish Foden and Sancho is arguably as good a 3 as Sterling Saka and Sancho. Then Henderson is some player to have available to bring on. I just hope it doesn't go to penalties Donnarumma looks massive in the goal I wouldn't have faith even with our recent fortune with them. 

We simply can’t go behind to them. They can close a game down so effectively and they no how to win a game about 5/6 different ways. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Uwe said:

This is easy the toughest match we will have played. Italy The best and most consistent team throughout the tournament and are deservedly the favourites. 
Not sure how I feel about it yet 

Not with the bookies though.

24 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Not with the bookies though.

Not with the English bookies as most people will bet on England to win. I’m not so sure if you looked in Italy 

(I stand corrected. Just did a little check and England are slight favourite by virtue of playing at Wembley) 

As others have said, toughest match we've had for a long time, definitely under Southgate and the first time in this tournament we haven't gone into the match with a far superior man for man advantage. 

Will be interesting to see how Southgate goes about it. The Trippier for Grealish change against Denmark gave me the Willie's so I'm kinda expecting him to go very cautious. Really hope he pulls it out the bag. 

• Like 1