• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

Sad new on the eve of the Final. Paul Mariner died at 68, no age. Didn't know he'd been recovering from  a brain cancer operation 8 months ago.

Big Jack wanted him, but wouldn't pay the dosh.

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, Erimus 63 said:

Scotland are getting desperate.

E54VQv1X0AY8DLn.jpg

In fairness there are a lot of Italians living in Scotland...or at least a lot of Scots with Italian heritage.

This is the most legitimate country they could get behind.

Still, the bitterness is hilarious...

8 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

In fairness there are a lot of Italians living in Scotland...or at least a lot of Scots with Italian heritage.

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so bitter, xenophobic, spiteful, classless. You know all things people are so damn quick to say the English are. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

A lot of Italians were ripped off and dumped in Scotland. They paid the fare, thought they were going to America and were non the wiser as they only spoke Italian. Anyway they made the best of it. Jockaties 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Uwe said:

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so bitter, xenophobic, spiteful, classless. You know all things people are so damn quick to say the English are. 🤦‍♂️

Well, sadly, there are a vocal minority of English who are pretty much the same and show their classless-ness at every single match.

I've had similar accusations thrown at me ever since the referendum. I'm used to it and don't let it get me, as the accusers are usually idiots. 

I choose to believe most English people are generally decent and respectful. We're just being made to look bad by a significant and noisy minority of yobs, with zero class, manners or respect for others. The bell-end who thought it was clever to bring a laser pointer to a football match should just never be allowed inside a stadium ever again IMO.

I'm of the mindset that if people are being disrespectful towards you, the best response is to rise above it and be the better person. But obviously others will respond differently.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well, sadly, there are a vocal minority of English who are pretty much the same and show their classless-ness at every single match.

I've had similar accusations thrown at me ever since the referendum. I'm used to it and don't let it get me, as the accusers are usually idiots. 

I choose to believe most English people are generally decent and respectful. We're just being made to look bad by a significant and noisy minority of yobs, with zero class, manners or respect for others. The bell-end who thought it was clever to bring a laser pointer to a football match should just never be allowed inside a stadium ever again IMO.

I'm of the mindset that if people are being disrespectful towards you, the best response is to rise above it and be the better person. But obviously others will respond differently.

But in Scotland I don’t believe it’s in the minority. It’s not just mindless yobs. It’s those type but also their dads, mam’s, nana, granddad postman and dogs. It’s in the media in their art it’s as important to hate the English as it is to love being Scottish. 
Scotland is a beautiful country Edinburgh is magnificent, Aberdeen is really cosmopolitan the Cairngorms are unrivalled in beauty. That have so much to love but prefer hate over all of it. 
Again just my opinion from living and working there for many years

9 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Quality post @AnglianRed 👍

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Uwe said:

But in Scotland I don’t believe it’s in the minority. It’s not just mindless yobs. It’s those type but also their dads, mam’s, nana, granddad postman and dogs. It’s in the media in their art it’s as important to hate the English as it is to love being Scottish. 
Scotland is a beautiful country Edinburgh is magnificent, Aberdeen is really cosmopolitan the Cairngorms are unrivalled in beauty. That have so much to love but prefer hate over all of it. 

So, in other words, Scotland would be a great place if it weren't full of Scots? 😁

I don't have your level of experience of living & working there, but I'd be amazed if every single Scot hated us.

I imagine plenty do and most of them are probably lifelong, dyed-in-the-wool SNP members. I'd also imagine most football fans over there have been conditioned to hate us.

Think there may be something of the classic Napoleon complex going on as well, being a country of around 6 million people versus 50-odd million.

So I accept there is undoubtedly a lot of hate there (and obviously their media love it when they can write negative stuff about us), but I have trouble believing the entire country hates us.

I wouldn't want to believe that any more than I'd want other countries thinking England is a nation of racist thugs off the back of seeing a stadium (or half a stadium) of idiots booing other countries' national anthems.

19 minutes ago, Uwe said:

You've obviously got plenty more experience to me in that area mate and I wouldn't seek to dispute that... but I would also say look at the paper this is coming from.

The National is outwardly pro-independence, just like we've had plenty of pro-independence newspapers who've told Europe to sod off and celebrated on the White Cliffs of Dover. This is just part of their narrative. Doesn't make it any less daft of course, just I guess it's to be expected somewhat.

I can't say I've seen any of the other papers from up there though so I could be way off, just seems like this is preaching to the converted a little.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You've obviously got plenty more experience to me in that area mate and I wouldn't seek to dispute that... but I would also say look at the paper this is coming from.

The National is outwardly pro-independence, just like we've had plenty of pro-independence newspapers who've told Europe to sod off and celebrated on the White Cliffs of Dover. This is just part of their narrative. Doesn't make it any less daft of course, just I guess it's to be expected somewhat.

I can't say I've seen any of the other papers from up there though so I could be way off, just seems like this is preaching to the converted a little.

Now who’s indulging in whataboutary 😉

I’ve decided to chill out and a bit of self reflection. 
I was too tied up in the #anyonebutengland which is vile at the least. And I’ve decided my obsession with the Scots is just as bad as their obsession with the English and it’s not healthy (on either side) 

After reading all the negative comments on here about what should’ve been a joyous occasion on Wednesday night, it really hit a nerve that the jocks seem get a free pass but that is a me problem. 
So I apologise, move on and it’s nothing but positivity from now on. 
I have my kids, some face paint, a bucket load of pizza and hopefully something to remember

C’MON 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

So, in other words, Scotland would be a great place if it weren't full of Scots? 😁

I’ve said this for many years 😂

But let me share a a joke that was hung up in my local pub when’s lived in Aberdeen Filthy’s MacNasty’s (Great name, ran by two girls from Hartlepool of all things) it use to make me smile 😃 

AA0CAEE2-1576-4115-B623-6652B97B5DCA.jpeg

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I was too tied up in the #anyonebutengland which is vile at the least. And I’ve decided my obsession with the Scots is just as bad as their obsession with the English and it’s not healthy (on either side) 

After reading all the negative comments on here about what should’ve been a joyous occasion on Wednesday night, it really hit a nerve that the jocks seem get a free pass but that is a me problem. 
I have my kids, some face paint, a bucket load of pizza and hopefully something to remember

C’MON 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Well as I said in another post (probably on the ENG V ITA thread) for as long as I've been around I think its been a given that the home nations just don't like each other. Our media hype up the rivalry and we buy into it...too much sometimes.

I think thats probably more acceptable though. Kind of like arguing and fighting in the family, as long as we can be on our best behaviour when the neighbours come round. 😉

It is unhealthy to obsess over anything, so congrats on reaching a calmer state of mind. Probably just as well considering what we're going to be like tomorrow! 😨😱

17 minutes ago, Uwe said:

C’MON 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Apologies, my intention here wasn't to infer that England is just as bad, more that nationalist papers do what nationalist papers do; promote nationalism. It is a bit pathetic but that's their raison d'etre and if I was fluent in nationalist papers from outside England, I could have perhaps came up with a better example.

• Like 1