oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Apologies, my intention here wasn't to infer that England is just as bad, more that nationalist papers do what nationalist papers do; promote nationalism. It is a bit pathetic but that's their raison d'etre and if I was fluent in nationalist papers from outside England, I could have perhaps came up with a better example.

Don’t worry buddy it was a very much tongue in cheek remark not to be taken seriously 👍

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m going through more emotions than a teenager at the moment. Ranging from quite confident to really nervous. Right now I’ve been reading up on Italy’s CB pairing. As good as they are they are quite old, but we know that already. But the more I think about it the more certain I am that Sterling or Saka will get past them once or twice where I think it will result in a penalty for England. (So expect more conspiracy theories) 

• Like 2

Sounds like Foden could be out of the final with a foot injury. To be fair, he probably doesn't make the starting 11 for this one but a great player to bring on nonetheless.

Today's the day.

The biggest match England have played since 1966.

One win from glory, one win from Southgate getting a knighthood.

Italy are probably the toughest opponents we've faced, so it's going to take some effort to overcome them.

Come on, England!

14 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Probably 5 at the back if it is correct

It would sound like it, because I'd be shocked if he dropped Shaw or Walker after their past few games.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It would sound like it, because I'd be shocked if he dropped Shaw and Walker after their past few games.

I'd be very worried about the midfield though with a 5 at the back

Pickford 

Walker Stones Maguire

Trippier                                   Shaw

Phillips       Rice

Grealish                               Sterling 

Kane

A quick word on the Scots, having lived here since 1987: it's impossible to tell where banter ends and Anglophobia starts. Some people just absolutely hate the English and everything south of the Border with an unalloyed passion. I remember a woman saying Vauxhall using the Union flag on their billboard ads made her physically sick. It runs that deep.

And for any English people feeling bad about hearing fans booing foreign anthems at Wembley, that's nothing compared to Scots booing God Save The Queen - technically their own anthem - at Hampden. It's absolutely ear-splitting. Not just a boorish minority, but every man, woman and child (sadly) in the stadium. Every single time.

Onto the match - is anyone actually looking forward to it? I am dreading it! A win would be great, but I suspect it'll be either 90 or 120 minutes of anguish and nail-chewing. Like the Brighton game but without the safety net of the play-offs if it all went wrong... 

• Like 2