• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I'm half looking forward to it and half dreading it.

On the positive side, its the first final England have been to since 1966. Southgate and the lads have generally had a brilliant tournament so far and done everything required of them (except beat the Scots 😉 ). Looking at it in a glass half full way, England are winners no matter what, just for making it this far.

On the flip side I really can't stand Italy...for reasons that have previously been discussed on here. I was so hoping we'd end up facing Spain, or even Belgium again. Anyone but the Italians. Losing to them would just be horrendous. My dread mostly stems from knowing how they are likely to act if the game is tight, with the clock running down...especially if they are ahead.

Also, England CANNOT allow this game to go to penalties if they are to win it.

EDIT: 

Also, given that Scotland will be rooting for Italy, can you imagine the *** we'll get from north of the border, should we lose... ☹️

Penalties against Italy against the massive Donnarumma one of the best keepers in the world, that's a no go for me.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Penalties against Italy against the massive Donnarumma one of the best keepers in the world, that's a no go for me.

I can only imagine what the scenes are gonna be like up here in Mackem-land if Pickford is the saviour though.

• Like 2

The Italians like to play out from the back Donnorumma very rare kicks long, with our pace up front we've got to be pushing onto Bonnucci, Chiellini, and Di Lorenzo, we must put them under pressure and not allow them to get in a comfort zone.  

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's genuinely stuff like this that makes me wonder, perhaps naively, why anyone in England wants Scotland to remain part of the UK. I know a lot of this talk has come up through the football recently so maybe this is wrong but it seems to me that they don't like us and we don't seem to like them either.

Give them IndyRef 2 and given what's happened since the first one and how it has affected opinion in Scotland since, it just seems to be for the benefit of everyone involved. Let us be England, let them be Scotland and let us both do our own things. It feels like independence from one another could at least let Scotland feel like they're in control of their own future and not bogged down by whatever the English want to do, it could even begin that slow healing process.

I’ve always said that if Scotland really wanted independence the vote should’ve been held in England and not Scotland

That way they would’ve had 65 million people telling them to *** off 😂😂😂

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I can only imagine what the scenes are gonna be like up here in Mackem-land if Pickford is the saviour though.

I would love that to come true, I'll be happier with Pickford the saviour in 90 minutes and a win stuff the penalties. 

Just now, Rioch's Braves said:

I would love that to come true, I'll be happier with Pickford the saviour in 90 minutes and a win stuff the penalties. 

I certainly hope he's back on top form tonight. He's made some absolutely vital saves already in this tournament but the last game and a half, he has absolutely got an Everton slip-up in him. He's such a huge presence when he's on his game.

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I certainly hope he's back on top form tonight. He's made some absolutely vital saves already in this tournament but the last game and a half, he has absolutely got an Everton slip-up in him. He's such a huge presence when he's on his game.

Looks like nerves are getting to him. That early throw error vs Denmark seemed to rattle him pretty heavily.

• Like 1

This was the scene all over northern Ireland this weekend, as it is every year on this date. In case anyone is unsure of why people here might not be so fond of the British/English influence in our country and why that might spill into a desire for England not to win!

Anyway, last I'll say on the matter, good luck to the english team this evening, hoping for a good game. 

Screenshot_20210711-145554.png

18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This was the scene all over northern Ireland this weekend, as it is every year on this date. In case anyone is unsure of why people here might not be so fond of the British/English influence in our country and why that might spill into a desire for England not to win!

Anyway, last I'll say on the matter, good luck to the english team this evening, hoping for a good game. 

Screenshot_20210711-145554.png

I don't know what sort of response you expect to that really. 

The average British citizen had no influence on the occupation of Ireland and most of us want to live pretty peaceful lives. 

I've got friends in Belfast so I've spent a fair bit of time there and I know that I should feel no more guilty about what's happened there than you should. 

Its a game of football for gods sake, if you hate us that much maybe take the night off. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

The average British citizen had no influence on the occupation of Ireland and most of us want to live pretty peaceful lives. 

I've got friends in Belfast so I've spent a fair bit of time there and I know that I should feel no more guilty about what's happened there than you should. 

Its a game of football for gods sake, if you hate us that much maybe take the night off. 

I have lots of English friends, including on here. I don't hate English people. Nor am I telling anyone they should feel guilty, like you said it's nothing to do with you as individuals. 

I'm just highlighting one of the reasons why it's not entirely surprising that other nations in the UK find it hard to get behind England as it was being discussed in this thread.

29 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I think all that's been said here is about being supportive or being against nations and that becomes part of sport too. It's not saying me or you are *** but saying there is historical reference to a generalised distaste/hatred.

It does feel like a lot of the chatter around this has just been ultra-defensive of why others should even view England in such a negative way when we have no right to tell others what their experiences are of growing up in their nation and their respective experiences of us. We aren't in their shoes and maybe if we were, we'd feel similar.

In a similar way way nobody can take away @Uwe or @RiseAgainst's experiences of Scotland, or @BearSmog's experiences of Wales and how that may or may not effect their position on those respective nations.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yes he's kicking and distribution last game was awful can't afford that tonight, big players do it in the big games needs to get it back together.

• Like 1

Will definitely have the game on the BBC, can't listen to Sam Whats he's face on ITV awful commentator full of meaningless stats. " Denmark look as if they're playing with one short of their staff" meaning they've only got 10 men on the pitch, what a clown.

• Like 1