oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

Wow. This is a right trek but look down this lad's timeline... these tweets go all the way back to the middle of May. You'll see where it's going from the couple I've shared here:

image.png.0d874fa8e7b53742f75500f567d1a1d9.png

image.png.47511b6f718baa66c08394ba70a67fc7.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

It's not history though, it's present, that photo was from last night and took place all over the country here. part of Ireland is still in the UK and ruled from London, same as Scotland. Both countries were dragged out of the EU despite voting against it due to that rule still existing. Whether you agree with it or not, the conflict and tensions are entirely understandable unless you're just ignorant of the facts. 

Nobody building those bonfires is English.

They've lived in Northern Ireland for centuries and are just as much Northern Irish as you are.

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Wow. This is a right trek but look down this lad's timeline... these tweets go all the way back to the middle of May. You'll see where it's going from the couple I've shared here:

image.png.0d874fa8e7b53742f75500f567d1a1d9.png

image.png.47511b6f718baa66c08394ba70a67fc7.png

That is an outstanding effort 👏👏👏👏

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nobody building those bonfires is English.

They've lived in Northern Ireland for centuries and are just as much Northern Irish as you are.

Mate, that last sentence shows how little you actually understand about the politics here. 

• Like 1

Right, enough about what happened centuries ago, or whether Loyalism has a future in Ireland. Football time. Politics can wait until tomorrow.

Question - is anyone on here watching ITV over the BBC?

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Mate, that last sentence shows how little you actually understand about the politics here. 

No, it doesn't.

You claiming people who've lived in Northern Ireland for centuries, largely descended from Scots, are actually English and are an excuse.to want the England football team to lose just shows your biases.

I'm very aware of the politics in Northern Ireland.

I know I’m as guilty as anyone but really want this thread back on topic so I apologise for my part. 

But what are the initial thoughts on this. Think we’re missing something without Sako’s pace but I know Mount does press their defenders more 

FF722241-B430-48CC-9063-4728DB606F8D.jpeg

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

"just as much Northern Irish as you are" Therein lies the problem.

For Irish Catholics or Republicans they are Irish full stop not Northern Irish as that is a derogatory colonial English term which politically separates them from their geographical country of birth. 

For the Protestant population they accept the Northern Irish terminology as it distances them from the Republic but do like the term Ulstermen because of the flag of Ulster which they feel symbolises who they are (despite the fact that three of the Ulster counties are actually in the Republic). If you ever step foot in Windsor Park during a "Northern Irish" International game it will be very clear that it is a "Loyalist" support and that Catholics are not welcome.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

No, it doesn't.

You claiming people who've lived in Northern Ireland for centuries, largely descended from Scots, are English, shows your biases.

I'm not Northern Irish is the point. Anyway, I'd like to discuss this stuff over a pint with some of you to really be able to explain where I'm coming from, it really doesn't work in a football forum setting. 

Good luck tonight, just hoping for a good watch!

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I know I’m as guilty as anyone but really want this thread back on topic so I apologise for my part. 

But what are the initial thoughts on this. Think we’re missing something without Sako’s pace but I know Mount does press their defenders more 

FF722241-B430-48CC-9063-4728DB606F8D.jpeg

I think its too defensive but I've been saying that all tournament so yous will probably win 4-0

Just now, Redcar Rioja said:

"just as much Northern Irish as you are" Therein lies the problem.

For Irish Catholics or Republicans they are Irish full stop not Northern Irish as that is a derogatory colonial English term which politically separates them from their geographical country of birth. 

For the Protestant population they accept the Northern Irish terminology as it distances them from the Republic but do like the term Ulstermen because of the flag of Ulster which they feel symbolises who they are (despite the fact that three of the Ulster counties are actually in the Republic). If you ever step foot in Windsor Park during a "Northern Irish" International game it will be very clear that it is a "Loyalist" support and that Catholics are not welcome.

Yet neither side is England.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm not Northern Irish is the point. Anyway, I'd like to discuss this stuff over a pint with some of you to really be able to explain where I'm coming from, it really doesn't work in a football forum setting. 

Good luck tonight, just hoping for a good watch!

I get that, but you're clearly from Northern Ireland.

I'm not denying your identity, I'm fine with it, but you're using sectarianism as a reason to root against England and it's not being incited by England in this day and age.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I get that, but you're clearly from Northern Ireland.

I'm not denying your identity, I'm fine with it, but you're using sectarianism as a reason to root against England and it's not England's problem.

We are governed from England. That is what loyalism is protecting. It's not that hard to understand the connection. 

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

You claiming people who've lived in Northern Ireland for centuries, largely descended from Scots, are actually English and are an excuse.to want the England football team to lose just shows your biases.

No he isn't and that is the point NB4 is struggling to get across to you. People in NI who are English/Scottish descent are "British" and have affinity only to the Mainland. That is what the bonfires are all about and symbolising, they are celebrating a victory from 1690, that's right, 1690! That is how strong their allegiance to the English Crown is, this is right here and right now not something that happened years ago, it is being celebrated today. 

It is an extremely complex bit of political history and euphemistic mismanagement over centuries. 

• Like 1