• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

Southgate *** up. His substitutions were shocking.

Rice was doing well and he brings on Henderson.

Saka comes on and has a mare, then is taking the 5th penalty. Kid is 19.

Brings on Rashford and Sancho to specifically take penalties and they both miss.

This is all after the fact he decided to just sit deep and defend after our early goal.

He royally cooked it up today.

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Rashford and Sancho were put on as penalty takers .. They had literally one job .. 

Crazy tournament .. 

You did well 

I understand if you feel gutted 

It’s weird as I don’t feel anything. As soon as it went to penalties I knew it was over

• Like 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

Me too. I worry about the abuse Southgate and the whole squad may get.

To be perfectly honest they surpassed my expectations, but it still feels like Croatia 3 years ago. The opportunity was there...they just didn't take it.

I still don't understand why we were so passive 2nd half and let Italy control the game. If we'd done what we did in the 1st half it could have been very different.

I'm not sure why you were surprised? We've been quite negative all tournament in our setups, just up until now weve had a massive quality advantage.

Gutted we've lost. I fricken hate walking run ups for penalties.

To hold onto subs specifically for the penalty shootout was a decision that he was always going to live or die by tonight, Saka was shaky from his first touch to let him take one of the 5 penalties was appalling management.

Saka shouldn't have been taking a penalty in a million years, he looked like a bag of nerves since he came onto the pitch. 

Southgate will have to spend the rest of his life wondering what might have been if we hadn't tried to defend for 90 minutes and there's nothing worse than having regrets. 

Just now, TheJew said:

Southgate *** up. His substitutions were shocking.

Rice was doing well and he brings on Henderson.

Saka comes on and has a mare, then is taking the 5th penalty. Kid is 19.

Brings on Rashford and Sancho to specifically take penalties and they both miss.

This is all after the fact he decided to just sit deep and defend after our early goal.

He royally cooked it up today.

Agree with this, seems he made the classic mistake of trying to be too clever. Letting saka take that penalty was stupid, specially after he had been poor through the game.

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

It’s weird as I don’t feel anything. As soon as it went to penalties I knew it was over

Funny - I'm kind of numb too. Like you, as soon as it went to penalties I expected us to lose.

Just now, Jamie-H said:

To hold onto subs specifically for the penalty shootout was a decision that he was always going to live or die by tonight, Saka was shaky from his first touch tonight to let him take one of the 5 penalties was appalling management.

I know I said it at half time, but this is the Croatia game all over again.  The only difference is that Italy settled for penalties as soon as extra time came around whilst Croatia kept going and put us out of our misery.  

• Like 3
Just now, Dan1234 said:

I'm not sure why you were surprised? We've been quite negative all tournament in our setups, just up until now weve had a massive quality advantage.

Gutted we've lost. I fricken hate walk ups for penalties 

Not often I agree with you but that highlighted bit is absolutely spot on 

• Like 1