• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

Get a sense of humour, a sense of perspective, or have a night off mate.  *** sick of the namby pamby crap on here.  I'm sure Dan is just fine, his feelings haven't been hurt, and he will get over being called a fanny in a joking manner by someone he doesn't know on the internet 🙄

Not everyone will react like that and it's unnecessary potential grief. Just give it a rest.

Another thing - sterling and Henderson shirking their responsibility as senior members of the squad to take a penalty for a couple or kids to get in the firing line instead is a disgrace. 

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Another thing - sterling and Henderson shirking their responsibility as senior members of the squad to take a penalty for a couple or kids to get in the firing line instead is a disgrace. 

henderson was taken off, he didn't have a choice.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Yes they were awful tactics and Southgate waited far to long to make the subs, when we were under the cosh in the 2nd half, I was screaming blue murder before Italy scored, for fucksake Southgate get some subs on and nothing. Not once did we use our pace to try and run at 2 CB's who were both on yellow cards.   

Same here. I'm still baffled why we tried to defend for practically the entire 2nd half.

Also found it weird that Italy seemed to have more energy than us in ET.

11 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Why didn't Sterling or Grealish take a *** penalty, Pickford was immense he could do no more how many chances do you need to miss 3 penalties out of 5 shocking. 

They may have said they didn't want to, or might not have done them as well in practice.  We don't know the full picture, so cannot judge.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rioch's Braves said:

I thought Henderson was running on a treadmill he was that slow in everything he did, Rice was having a god game Mount hardly touched the ball 2nd half and closed nothing down. 

I don't think Henderson is match ready.  Looked nothing like his usual self at any point in the tournament in my opinion.  It looked more apparent today because we were second best for a decent chunk of it.  That's when not being match ready is going to show cos you're basically having to do a lot of work without the ball.

• Like 2
Just now, Brunners said:

henderson was taken off, he didn't have a choice.

Yeah because he wasnt in the plans to take a penalty. Surely he should be saying "I'm captain of my club, I've been around for a long time, I'm taking a penalty"

5 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

We were outclassed, italy were far better with the ball, far more composed and from the 2nd half onwards looked like the only winners. At 1-1 we were playing like a pulis team scrapping for a point. Panicked hoof balls to nobody, poor touches all over the pitch and constantly gifting the ball away.

If we were outclassed, it wouldn't have ended in a draw with only one real Italian chance.

So nah.

Gutted we lost, Italy are deserved champions, but we more than held our own.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Why do they take the medal off? .. Isn't that a little provocative?

Because they don't like being runners-up I guess. Its understandable.

I've always wondered why they even bother giving medals out to the losing side. Feels a bit patronising, like school sports day. Just so everyone gets something shiny to put around their neck.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah because he wasnt in the plans to take a penalty. Surely he should be saying "I'm captain of my club, I've been around for a long time, I'm taking a penalty"

He can't just not go off if Southgate decides to sub him though...I'm sure he would have taken a penalty if he could.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I wouldn't want Henderson taking a penalty in fairness.  Rashford takes them for Man Utd sometimes doesn't he?  That's why he'll have been brought on.  I'm not sure about Sancho but he seems like a confident lad to be fair to him.

• Like 1

Henderson coming off and Saka taking the final penalty. Saka must have been fantastic in practice and I know Henderson missed one in the friendly but again, must be an absolute *** show in practice.

I can't believe we had a 19-year old on the 5th penalty. When Jorginho's penalty was saved I was sat thinking oh thank God, I nearly collapsed from the shock haha. Then Saka stepped up and no disrespect to the young lad but I felt about the same as I did Jorginho stepping up to take his. Hopeless. 19 years old and he gets the final touch of England's first final in 55 years on his record.

It really was one of those where if he scores you're thinking Southgate must know more about him than we do. The rest of us are thinking this is a young lad, one of the youngest in the squad who came on and didn't have much chance to do anything in the game. Then he took the last penalty.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think Henderson is match ready.  Looked nothing like his usual self at any point in the tournament in my opinion.  It looked more apparent today because we were second best for a decent chunk of it.  That's when not being match ready is going to show cos you're basically having to do a lot of work without the ball.

Henderson was anonymous while he was on. But I don't think Southgate had much choice. Rice was brilliant but ran himself into the ground.

Just now, Changing Times said:

I wouldn't want Henderson taking a penalty in fairness.  Rashford takes them for Man Utd sometimes doesn't he?  That's why he'll have been brought on.  I'm not sure about Sancho but he seems like a confident lad to be fair to him.

Rashford I can see, but Sancho and saka were huge calls.