• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so wonโ€™t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you ๐Ÿ’ช

Congrats, friends ...ย  ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ @ Wembleyย  ...ย ย  Good luck to y'all!ย 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah because he wasnt in the plans to take a penalty. Surely he should be saying "I'm captain of my club, I've been around for a long time, I'm taking a penalty"

From the bench?

• Haha 1

Yeah because he wasnt in the plans to take a penalty. Surely he should be saying "I'm captain of my club, I've been around for a long time, I'm taking a penalty"

He would have missed, Sterling or grealish should have been far ahead of saka in the order though surely.

• Like 2
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Rashford I can see, but Sancho and saka were huge calls.

Sancho is about to sign for utd for ยฃ100m, Iโ€™d expect him to be able to take a penna!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Because they don't like being runners-up I guess. Its understandable.

I've always wondered why they even bother giving medals out to the losing side. Feels a bit patronising, like school sports day. Just so everyone gets something shiny to put around their neck.

ย 

That's posh I think ..ย 

In many sports there are 3 medals ... Even a game for the bronze in team sports ..

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

He would have missed, Sterling or grealish should have been far ahead of saka in the order though surely.

I'd have trusted either of them more. Henderson is *** at penalties.

ย 

• Like 1
Just now, LinoJo3 said:

Sancho is about to sign for utd for ยฃ100m, Iโ€™d expect him to be able to take a penna!

Haha me too mate. But in that context with that pressure, surely someone who's been around for a while should have taken that on their shoulders.ย 

• Like 1
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Rashford I can see, but Sancho and saka were huge calls.

He obviously brought Sancho on with the express purpose of taking a penalty though, so there was obviously a reason why he was taking one.ย  I don't think many of the lads take penalties for their clubs do they?ย  I was trying to think who does, even as a second or third choice?

Well on The bright side. I doubt very much that Iโ€™ll be around in another 55 years to feel disappointed again

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

He obviously brought Sancho on with the express purpose of taking a penalty though, so there was obviously a reason why he was taking one.ย  I don't think many of the lads take penalties for their clubs do they?ย  I was trying to think who does, even as a second or third choice?

Rashford is second choice for utd I think. Kane number one for his.

Beyond that you're right I think.ย 

He was taken off so someone else could come on purely to take a penalty.ย 

Yeah, but your first comment was, that it was HIS choice ... It was GS

3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

That's posh I think ..ย 

In many sports there are 3 medals ... Even a game for the bronze in team sports ..

Yeah but thats generally athletics, motorsports etc. where they have podiums with 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Or the Olympics.

Football is rather different. Its not like there is a medal table where silver & bronze medals can change where you stand.

Which makes bronze medal play-off games seem even more pointless.

ย