oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น

1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

I don't think its disrespectful to take it off. It would be disrespectful to refuse to let the guy put it on your neck in the first place or to throw it on the floor in a temper, but taking it off after accepting it is just disappointment.ย 

Yeah maybe .. But Phillips (I think) .. took it off, before it was on .. He literally didn't allow the official to put it on ..ย 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so wonโ€™t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you ๐Ÿ’ช

Congrats, friends ...ย  ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ @ Wembleyย  ...ย ย  Good luck to y'all!ย 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

Just now, Brunners said:

honestly if you'd said before we kicked off vs croatia that England would:

Reach a final.
Not concede a goal for the first 5 straight games.
Knock out Germany
Lose on penalties to comfortably the best team in the tournament

I'd have snapped your hands off I think; so this tournament can't be seen as anything other than a success. Everyone needs to remember that.

We were one of the best teams heading into the tournament.ย  No reason at all we shouldn't have made a final.ย  Two teams in the Champions League final, two teams in the Euro semi finals, players playing for some top clubs outside of England now, and young players who have come up through successful youth sides.ย  Most of the games at home.ย  Any other nation would think they were in with a great chance.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

It was clearly a pre empted thing mate. He didnt suddenly decide 28 mins into extra time that Henderson can't take a penalty. He'd already decided who his penalty takers were and he wasn't part of his plans. You can blame that on the manager or on the player, I tend to think that a player that experienced should be gagging to take a penalty and make sure that his manager doesn't make that decision for him.ย 

What should he do .. Refuse to run out, when his number was up on the board?ย 

Just now, SmogDane said:

Yeah maybe .. But Phillips (I think) .. took it off, before it was on .. He literally didn't allow the official to put it on ..ย 

I'd do the exact same. Who wants to be second best?ย 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So then I suppose you have to ask yourself whether it's better to try and win the game, and use your substitutes for that purpose, or if we are happy to wait for penalties.ย  The pattern of the game was set from about half an hour in, as Italy began to exert more control.ย  We allowed that to continue well into the second half before we tried to change anything, and even then our changes during the 90 mins were Henderson and Saka.ย  I'm not sure those two are capable of turning a game around that we were struggling a bit in.ย  Grealish came on 10 mins into extra time I think?ย  For someone who has spoken about the strength of his squad, he seemed oddly reluctant to use it when we were up against it.

I was happy to hang on until extra time because we were getting totally overran.ย 

In extra time they sat off us a bit and I thought they started to look really tired. I thought we might have won the game in extra time if we'd been brave.ย 

As you said though the best team won.ย 

Henderson took a penalty at the Riverside in a desperate attempt to break his duck during the warm up games and lets just say that it was very obvious why he isn't trusted to take a penalty. "Carp" comes to mind although the letters may not necessarily be in that order.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

He should have smacked the official for even trying to put it on.ย  Teach him a lesson!

Refusing to receive a silver medal, that other players would have been proud of ... is a snob spoiled brat thing to do .. Thats my opinion and none of you can change it ๐Ÿ˜‰

4 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Refusing to receive a silver medal, that other players would have been proud of ... is a snob spoiled brat thing to do .. Thats my opinion and none of you can change it ๐Ÿ˜‰

I think it's quite a common thing to be fair mate. I've seen it a lot, not just at international level. In the immediate aftermath of a game, especially one you were winning, it's hard to feel anything other than "This is a medal to say we were 2nd best", which on the night only reminds you you're a loser.

• Like 1