oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think it's quite a common thing to be fair mate. I've seen it a lot, not just at international level. In the immediate aftermath of a game, especially one you were winning, it's hard to feel anything other than "This is a medal to say we were 2nd best", which on the night only reminds you you're a loser.

An ungrateful loser

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

Regarding  penalties GS is a chump. First thing, they should have taken pens like the 1st 5 Euro 96, if you can't hit the side net you're not taking one,. GS hasn't got the bottle to tell players to take penalties  properly, or not bother. Fuming..

2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

An ungrateful loser

In the immortal words of Vince Lombadi (I think) 

you show me a good loser , and I’ll just show you a loser

• Like 2

An ungrateful loser

I don't think so SD. I didn't see the exact thing you're mentioning as I turned it off soon after the penalties. But if Denmark had made it through to the final and Damsgaard had done what you're saying for example, I'd just think yeah, sad boy is sad, just lost a European final for his nation.

I think it's going to be in retrospect that Kalvin Phillips reviews that medal and sees it as a positive. He has to otherwise he may as well not play for England again. It's just on-the-night disappointment.

• Like 1

I tend to agree with you SmogDane, but to me it would be reminder of the painful way that it happened. It's hard to judge someone who's been through such extremes only minutes ago.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think so SD. I didn't see the exact thing you're mentioning as I turned it off soon after the penalties. But if Denmark had made it through to the final and Damsgaard had done what you're saying for example, I'd just think yeah, sad boy is sad, just lost a European final for his nation.

I think it's going to be in retrospect that Kalvin Phillips reviews that medal and sees it as a positive. He has to otherwise he may as well not play for England again. It's just on-the-night disappointment.

I think the Danish players would have been VERY proud to be in that final ... And I honestly don't believe they would kinda refuse to get that medal .. 

I think the Danish players would have been VERY proud to be in that final ... And I honestly don't believe they would kinda refuse to get that medal .. 

I presume he still took it though, I'd have to see the moment in question to know for sure but I'm willing to bet one way or another he still has that medal and after today, he will find a time in which to be proud of it.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Regarding  penalties GS is a chump. First thing, they should have taken pens like the 1st 5 Euro 96, if you can't hit the side net you're not taking one,. GS hasn't got the bottle to tell players to take penalties  properly, or not bother. Fuming..

He could well be lying, but he's said they practiced penalties constantly since he took over.

Like it or not, it's still luck of the draw.

There's clearly skill involved, but most penalties look *** if the keeper dives the right way.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He could well be lying, but he's said they practiced penalties constantly since he took over.

Like it or not, it's still luck of the draw.

There's clearly skill involved, but most penalties look *** if the keeper dives the right way.

I don't buy the luck thing. 

Taking a penalty is a skill and more than anything a test of nerve. 

Hit the ball hard in the corner and no keeper will save it. 

• Like 4

We must have some bloody terrible penalty takers if we need to make 2 subs late on just for the sake of penalties. If we're practicing them all the time, you'd think those who take the pitch more often would be better at them. Him taking Henderson and Walker off, to put blood Rashford in at right-back so late on especially... ugh.

• Like 1
Just now, Duvel said:

I don't buy the luck thing. 

Taking a penalty is a skill and more than anything a test of nerve. 

Hit the ball hard in the corner and no keeper will save it. 

26 players in the squad and we need to make 2 subs for the sake of the penalties, even when practicing them a lot.

Putting a 19 year old on the 5th and he puts it exactly at a height any keeper would want if they're going the right way. If they're practicing penalties a lot, they're bloody crap at it aren't they.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

26 players in the squad and we need to make 2 subs for the sake of the penalties, even when practicing them a lot.

Putting a 19 year old on the 5th and he puts it exactly at a height any keeper would want if they're going the right way. If they're practicing penalties a lot, they're bloody crap at it aren't they.

I'm sure they tuck them away for fun in training, its a different ball game when the pressure is on! 

If we keep telling ourselves that we are unlucky then we'll never improve our shootout record. 

As a penalty taker you are in total control of the situation, strike the ball well and you'll score 9 times out of 10.