oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

This is horrific to read 

I do believe it's wrong celebrities get tickets for being a celebrity like the Royal family shouldn't get auto passes for Wimbledon and Wembley. In a equal society all should have a chance at the ballot. I applied for tickets in the 2019  ballot was unsuccessful how can every celebrity who wanted one got one 🙄. That's the unfairness in the system not going to lie.  Not surprised they were these scenes the staidum capsicty should of been increased to 90k aswell 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I do believe it's wrong celebrities get tickets for being a celebrity like the Royal family shouldn't get auto passes for Wimbledon and Wembley. In a equal society all should have a chance at the ballot. I applied for tickets in the 2019  ballot was unsuccessful how can every celebrity who wanted one got one 🙄. That's the unfairness in the system not going to lie.  Not surprised they were these scenes the staidum capsicty should of been increased to 90k aswell 

Worst take of 2021 award goes to....

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Worst take of 2021 award goes to....

How so we are meant to live in a equal society when is very clearly preferential treatment for some 

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

How so we are meant to live in a equal society when is very clearly preferential treatment for some 

I mean Tom Cruise is one thing but when it comes to equality, the Royals are very clearly not equal to the rest of us. Maybe some Royals are humble of the position they're put into by birth but they could spend their entire life trying to prove otherwise from the fact they are quite literally defined by their privilege over the rest of us.

Compared to the individual quality of life, they are above the average Joe like you or me and they always will be. Maybe Prince William isn't a bad guy at heart, maybe Prince Harry and his wife have been hard done by by the press but it certainly helps building a personality towards accepting others when you go home to the privilege a Royal goes home to.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

If we were outclassed, it wouldn't have ended in a draw with only one real Italian chance.

So nah.

Gutted we lost, Italy are deserved champions, but we more than held our own.

You definately were. From about the 20th minute it was like the England-Denmark game where you decided to defend it out knowing there was a quality difference. I just don’t know why you did that because you were so good for the opening but Italy owned that game from there on. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Brunners said:

honestly if you'd said before we kicked off vs croatia that England would:

Reach a final.
Not concede a goal for the first 5 straight games.
Knock out Germany
Lose on penalties to comfortably the best team in the tournament

I'd have snapped your hands off I think; so this tournament can't be seen as anything other than a success. Everyone needs to remember that.

I agree with you to an extent, on paper anyways. But when you look at our matches Italy was the first 50/50 game for me, and again Southgate has shown he just isn't really a very good football manager.

Look at Italy's run to the final, Belgium, Spain then us, all games you'd say are real 50/50's and Mancini showed his worth navigating them through. 

It really felt like a stars align type situation for us. Had as easy a run in you're likely to get at a major finals, home advantage for most of it including the final. Even the toughest match against Italy we got lucky in that they were missing their best player. Feels like we have really missed a massive opportunity here and I'm gutted and frustrated at how Southgate set us up and the changes he made during the game.

Italy deserving champions for their performances throughout the tournament unfortunately. Well done to Italy first and foremost.

We can also crucify moments/selections throughout the game including penalty takers last night, but we shouldn't be anything other than proud of how far we have progressed as a team and a nation. There is a lot of positives we can take from this tournament but its been a step forward.

This defeat is going to sting for a while, but hopefully we can use this as fuel for the World cup November 2022.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Anyway, none of this is going to matter when we're watching Big Uche tripping over his own feet trying to control a ball 

I for one cant wait for Wednesday..... The mighty Boro, were going up.............

• Like 1

Proud of the team, even more so of the ones who were brave enough to put their hand up and say they'd take a penalty. It wasn't to be. Proud of Southgate and the culture he has cultivated within this squad of players. This team will only get stronger, it's going to be a fun few years watching England.

On a much more uncomfortable note, English football needs to take a long hard look at itself after some of the scenes that unfolded last night and some of the stories that I have read since. There is still a significant undercurrent of racism in football and it's fans in this country and contrary to what I said earlier in the tournament, I couldn't give a toss if it's a football wide problem or just England. We need to get our own house in order, I would fully support UEFA giving us a punishment of behind closed door games as we have seen for Hungary.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Well, buddy .. The talk was, that it was a disrespectful thing to take that silver medal off ..  And I just told you, in many team sports .. Even other football tournaments .. They play for 3rd place .. Sp dont tell me, that the 3rd place winner would take it off, before it rested around their necks .. 

A silver medal is an honour .. it's not a noose .. 

Like I said - it depends on your point of view.

And the main point of my argument was they shouldn't even be in football.

Nobody said anything about them being a noose but they ARE a reminder you failed to win. Nobody likes to be reminded of that.

Especially in the immediate aftermath when you're still hurting from the defeat.

Last but not least England aren't the only team I've seen do that.

7 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

Your mistake was thinking you lived in an equal society. 😉