oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น

7 hours ago, Will said:

Proud of the team, even more so of the ones who were brave enough to put their hand up and say they'd take a penalty. It wasn't to be. Proud of Southgate and the culture he has cultivated within this squad of players. This team will only get stronger, it's going to be a fun few years watching England.

On a much more uncomfortable note, English football needs to take a long hard look at itself after some of the scenes that unfolded last night and some of the stories that I have read since. There is still a significant undercurrent of racism in football and it's fans in this country and contrary to what I said earlier in the tournament, I couldn't give a toss if it's a football wide problem or just England. We need to get our own house in order, I would fully support UEFA giving us a punishment of behind closed door games as we have seen for Hungary.

What difference would that make?ย  We've just spent a year watching games behind closed doors, I can't see anyone involved in any trouble being all that bothered mate.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so wonโ€™t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you ๐Ÿ’ช

Congrats, friends ...ย  ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ V ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ @ Wembleyย  ...ย ย  Good luck to y'all!ย 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What difference would that make?ย  We've just spent a year watching games behind closed doors, I can't see anyone involved in any trouble being all that bothered mate.

Not much I'd imagine, but that seems to be the biggest punishment they're willing to dole out.

4 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I wonder who had Darren Grimes telling Marcus Rashford to focus on football and not politics on their post-game bingo card, bet they're on to a winner.

Who is Darren Grimes?

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Not much I'd imagine, but that seems to be the biggest punishment they're willing to dole out.

Then it's a complete waste of time, and they need to think about something else, although really, I doubt there is much that they can do.

15 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah I'm all good, my *** off wasn't malicious by the way. That said I do still feel like I could cry! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Just not over CT's comments! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Apparently multiple people complained on your behalf mate.ย  You should feel blessed to have so many people sticking up for you like that, as I imagine that's why they did it, rather than because it was me who said it.

As I'm shortly to be banned from the forum, it's worth stating that having banter with people you regularly have banter with isn't a crime, and shouldn't be viewed as offensive by people it's not even directed to.ย  I have banter on here with people like Dan, Diggerlad, SmogDane, Blanco, and a few others.ย  I'd like to think that they are well aware of where I'm coming from when I talk to them, as I know where they are coming from when they talk to me, and I don't get offended when they make fun of me.ย  This is a public forum, but some of us interact more often with each other than with others, and the chat is likely to be a bit different as a result of that.ย  It's a shame that some people clearly can't, or simply refuse to, understand this.ย  My guess is those same people do similar things within their own groups of friends away from here but view this differently for whatever reason.ย  I view the people on here as my oneBoro mates, yes even you Kelloe, and none of my banter is meant to be taken seriously at all, just as it isn't with my mates in real life.ย  I thought that would be obvious but clearly it isn't so I am stating it here for the record.ย  Cheers.

• Like 1

This is what I'm going with for my team of the tournament. I know Pickford is a biased choice, but I'm sticking with it. Yann Sommer, Donnarumma could have both won it too, think they were my 3 best keepers.

team-of-the-tournament-euro-2020-aa586a81fb6c72ed5eccb90ae759d745.jpg

I'd put Bonucci in, and I'd probably have Shaw at left back as well.ย  I think he's had a good tournament, and I say that as someone who would have chosen Chilwell ahead of him in the side.ย  I also think you'd have to find a place for Sterling somehow but it's a tough one as you'd probably have to leave Schick out.ย  But I'd say that Sterling has been more influential throughout the tournament.

I'mย obviously absolutely gutted about last night, still *** off, but I feel like someone who was robbed because we proved in the 1st half we definitely had the beating ofย the Italians we were closing them down winning the ball frustrating them, causing them problems down their right, soย go in 1-0 up re-group more of the same andย go for the kill and instead we come out go in reverse gear and handed it to them, even the Italian goal was a scrappy bloody thing. They must have thought Christmas had come early when they saw our 2nd half tactics played right into the Italians hands.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'd put Bonucci in, and I'd probably have Shaw at left back as well.ย  I think he's had a good tournament, and I say that as someone who would have chosen Chilwell ahead of him in the side.ย  I also think you'd have to find a place for Sterling somehow but it's a tough one as you'd probably have to leave Schick out.ย  But I'd say that Sterling has been more influential throughout the tournament.

It's a really really tough one, especially that LB / LWB spot because for me Spinazzola, Shaw & Maehle were three of the best players at the tournament and I don't think you canย fit them all in!

Bonnucci is actually probably the better choice over Chiellini tbh, so no complaints there.ย 

Sterling was another one that I ummed and ahh-ed about and I absolutely would not argue with him making it over Schick or Lukaku if I'm honest.

5 hours ago, Uwe said:

The thing is that wonโ€™t punish the right people. The hooligan element donโ€™t want us to host the World Cup or euros. Those people would much rather rather travel to a Germany or Italy and cause their own brand of havoc there. Absolute scum bags the lot of them

I think you're bestowing too much intelligence on them. I'd be surprised if they wereย capable of thinking that far ahead.

I'm pretty sure they're just your regular lowlifes who can only think about getting loaded and causing as much chaos and damage as possible...simply because thats their idea of fun.

Its these kind of incidents where I wish we had American cops with itchy trigger fingers.

ย 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think Bonucci had led by example he's been for the mostย part excellent, plus Chiellini was injured for a couple of games so that would sway me towards Bonucci. I'd have to put Sterling in apart from last night he's been excellent he's frightened defences to death.ย 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I think you're bestowing too much intelligence on them. I'd be surprised if they wereย capable of thinking that far ahead.

I'm pretty sure they're just your regular lowlifes who can only think about getting loaded and causing as much chaos and damage as possible...simply because thats their idea of fun.

Its these kind of incidents where I wish we had American cops with itchy trigger fingers.

ย 

I think they're intent in causing bother before they've even touched a dropย of beer its just in these low life scumbags.

• Like 2

ย 

Disclaimer: Violent content ...ย 

This is shocking behavior ... Why do the stewards guide those people out to that beating??? How can this be possible inside the stadium?ย 

Burn in hell, scumbags (those who did this and those who did nothing to stop it)

Sad that the few baboons destroy everything for all good people ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

• Like 1
  • Wow 1