• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'd have had Pickford over Donnarumma, but fair enough bar that.

Did Donnarumma even have that much to do besides penalties throughout the tournament? I think Pickford has made at least one good save in each game barring maybe the Ukraine game? I could be misremembering or being biased but yeah, I agree, Pickford over Donnarumma for me.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Did Donnarumma even have that much to do besides penalties throughout the tournament? I think Pickford has made at least one good save in each game barring maybe the Ukraine game? I could be misremembering or being biased but yeah, I agree, Pickford over Donnarumma for me.

Pickford had more saves to make but you can't deny that Italy won the euros because of donnarumma - whereas England could have gotten to the final with a different goalkeeper.

These individual awards have to be given on the impact they on the competition, no one had a bigger impact than donnarumma, regardless of how good Pickford was. 

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Donnarumma won his team the penalty shootouts in both the semi final and final - he was top notch throughout the rest of the tournament in open play too, no mistakes to speak of. He won the overall player of the tournament - the first gk to do so I believe. There's no way in any world that pickford gets in ahead of him. 

I think the team is about right, though I'd put Pedri in for hojberg I think. 

No mistakes that ended in a goal maybe. He looked massively flustered against Spain, throwing/passing the ball directly to Spanish players on multiple occasions

Just now, Will said:

No mistakes that ended in a goal maybe. He looked massively flustered against Spain, throwing/passing the ball directly to Spanish players on multiple occasions

As did Pickford Vs Denmark, he was visibly rattled, people on here were even commentating on it during and after that game. And he let in a free kick that he could arguably have done better with, though the movement of the wall didn't help him there. I wouldn't hold either of those things particularly against him, but you just can't put what he achieved individually over what donnarumma did. 

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

As did Pickford Vs Denmark, he was visibly rattled, people on here were even commentating on it during and after that game. And he let in a free kick that he could arguably have done better with, though the movement of the wall didn't help him there. I wouldn't hold either of those things particularly against him, but you just can't put what he achieved individually over what donnarumma did. 

Not sure there's much difference in all honesty. Both saved the same amount of penalties in the final. Donnarumma not covering his front post is the reason Italy had to go to penalties in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Aye, Pickford definitely did have shaky moments. It started during the Ukraine game arguably too. I really don't think there's quite as much between them as you're saying though.

Even just going on the final shootout, Donnarumma saved as many penalties as Pickford did. They didn't just win because of him, they won because Rashford missed his.

27 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Donnarumma won his team the penalty shootouts in both the semi final and final - he was top notch throughout the rest of the tournament in open play too, no mistakes to speak of. He won the overall player of the tournament - the first gk to do so I believe. There's no way in any world that pickford gets in ahead of him. 

I think the team is about right, though I'd put Pedri in for hojberg I think. 

Donnarumma saved 2 penalties, Pickford saved 2 penalties.

He saved 1 penalty in the shootout against Spain too, but it was a weak as *** one from Morata.

Pickford made 16 saves throughout the tournament, some of them vital, Donnarumma made 9.

Pickford also conceded fewer goals.

There are plenty of ways in plenty of worlds.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I can understand why the keeper that was on the winning side in 2 shootouts and won the trophy is in the team, and I'm not shocked, but I think Pickford was better.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I feel this deserves a greater scrutiny i can almost certainly say this must be true 😏😏

Screenshot_20210713-111534_Facebook.jpg

I have it on good authority that this is exactly what happened. 😶

27 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I feel this deserves a greater scrutiny i can almost certainly say this must be true 😏😏

Screenshot_20210713-111534_Facebook.jpg

Definitely - only the Mafia could have prevented England beating Italy. 😁

6 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Perhaps that's why so many England fans were trying to break in to tell the authorities and the booing of the Italian national anthem was merely as people were aware of the corruption that was about to happen. It puts a new perspective on the behaviour of some England fans.

Not quite. There was a England fan booing the National anthem but only one guy and the other 55,000 (beautiful British people) were simply telling him Sshhhh)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1