oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Imagine letting him go on a free the season you finally quality for champions league football. Crazy stuff.

Couldn't afford to keep him, could they? I don't know about Milan specifically but there's been so many problems with clubs having to cut their spending that it doesn't surprise me to see him go somewhere money seems to be no object. Wouldn't surprise me if that was part of why Ramos has ended up at PSG, too.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

3 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Though I think the argument debate was more about the size of the hooligan element we have. Some seemed to think it was representative of most England fans, while others were trying to point out it was a vocal, sizeable minority.

The population of this country is about 60 million or so.  The viewing figures for the final were just over 30 million.  How many people do we think were causing bother in Leicester Square on Sunday?  Clearly, people causing trouble aren't representative of most England fans.  Most England fans were watching at home, or at a venue somewhere, and caused no problems at all.  So we can say that it's not just a minority, but in reality, a tiny minority. 

When you get large gatherings of people anywhere, for almost any purpose, you get problems.  Look at protest marches as a perfect example.  It doesn't matter what the protest is about, it can be BLM or Climate Change or Anti Capitalist or Cancelling The Debt, you name it there will be problems there, because, and this really isn't just an English issue, some people like to cause bother.  I mean, they like it, they get off on it, it's fun for them, an adrenaline rush or whatever.  This happens the world over.

In this country, there's a clear link between football and booze (now also drugs), and there is a clear link pretty much anywhere in the world between booze/drugs and violence.  So, especially when big games come around that generate greater levels of interest, you will get some problems.  But I can pretty much guarantee now that most of the people at places like Leicester Square weren't actually wrong uns as such.  I'm sure they smashed some bottles but they weren't being violent or attacking people.  They were just being bloody stupid for the sake of it because being in a large crowd gives people the freedom to act like nobheads for a while.  I know that sounds stupid but that's exactly what it's about a lot of the time.

The social media racism isn't football related.  It's not England or English related either.  Some people are racist.  Some racist people like football.  Some racist people are English.  Some racists don't give a *** about football but target high profile black people, such as footballers.  That isn't a problem restricted to just this country, and if you think things are bad here then please go and spend some time abroad and you'll see things are a lot worse elsewhere, it simply doesn't get the same level as coverage as it does here.

Those looking for solutions to any or all of the above will be waiting a long time I fear.  You could ban booze like prohibition era America but well that's not going to happen, and it's not exactly worked with drugs has it?  You can put huge resources into policing and turn England into a police state but I think (and hope) that isn't going to happen either.  Football banning orders are already in place but clearly are only useful up to a point.  Stadiums have more CCTV and ticketing controls than ever, and arguably that has already made positive differences to the match day experience. 

The racism element isn't going anywhere anytime soon unfortunately so whilst you can get social media companies to take stricter measures, the fundamental problem won't be solved, just the means by which people express their views.  It's a sad fact that a lot of people don't want to mix with people who are different to them, and believe it or not, that isn't restricted to white people, and it certainly isn't restricted to English people.  We have one of the most multi-cultural societies in the world here something that will never be allowed to happen in a lot of countries, it's worth bearing that in mind when we continue the self-flagellation.  By all means be critical of ourselves, I think that's a great way to make progress, but we are nowhere near the worst in the world for some of these things.

• Like 4

What if we found a deserted Island somewhere .. filled it up with cocaine, brass knuckle irons and baseball bats ... 

Then we could host the first and only international hooligan death match competition .. 

I bet the final will be England V Russia .. and you might get "beat" in yet another final ...  The winner stays on the island for good!

Disclaimer: This is of course sarcasm .. 

• Haha 1

I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the final and even luckier to be in a section and entrance away from Wembley Way so missed most of the trouble. Even then, the stewards looked out of their depth, young lads with no real idea how to control the crowds trying to push through our pretty reserved queues. I barely saw any police and the checks before you got to the turnstiles were pretty much non existent. People I knew who were down Wembley Way said it was genuinely frightening, bottles being thrown, people openly taking coke and urinating in front of young kids. Groups openly trying to force their way in or share QR codes. I honestly think things could have been a lot lot worse, we could have had another stadium disaster on our hands. 

In terms of the match, the first half was rocking, I thought we were going to do it but second half it was obvious what was coming. He should have brought subs on earlier when Italy were chasing, I don’t think any of our front players had their best matches. Maybe the occasion, tiredness, who knows?

Interesting article (if true) in the Mail about players being surprised at Saka getting the 5th pen. People around me were shocked when we saw him walk up. And reading Rashfords statement yesterday, he said he was low in confidence and things didn’t feel right. Having a league table to pick pen takers and not asking the players (if true) seems absurd. Southgate has been asked time and time again about his 96 penalty miss. He still seems hurt and guilty about it. Why put a 19 year old in the firing line to cope with those type of feelings? 

In the end the best team won but England have shown they can live with the top teams. A few years ago Spain were the perennial under achievers until their breakthrough. I think our big moment is coming. 

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Couldn't afford to keep him, could they? I don't know about Milan specifically but there's been so many problems with clubs having to cut their spending that it doesn't surprise me to see him go somewhere money seems to be no object. Wouldn't surprise me if that was part of why Ramos has ended up at PSG, too.

Yeah, as @smogsterking the Inspiratimentioned, it was far far cheaper for them to pay the fee and the wages for for a new signing than what rioala wanted a sign on fee on top of crazy wages donnarumma would need. Stupid that this can be the situation but that's where football is atm. 

WOrst thing is it's not the only long term olayer they've had to do the same for this summer, Çalhanoğlu did the same, to inter no less. 

18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah, as @smogsterking the Inspiratimentioned, it was far far cheaper for them to pay the fee and the wages for for a new signing than what rioala wanted a sign on fee on top of crazy wages donnarumma would need. Stupid that this can be the situation but that's where football is atm. 

WOrst thing is it's not the only long term olayer they've had to do the same for this summer, Çalhanoğlu did the same, to inter no less

Oh wow, I hadn't even noticed that one. My only connection with Italian football is I chose to 'support' Inter after I found out my mate loved Milan and Shevchenko a long time ago. I'll undoubtedly dig this one up if Çalhanoğlu scores a winner against Milan.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

What if we found a deserted Island somewhere .. filled it up with cocaine, brass knuckle irons and baseball bats ... 

Then we could host the first and only international hooligan death match competition .. 

I bet the final will be England V Russia .. and you might get "beat" in yet another final ...  The winner stays on the island for good!

Disclaimer: This is of course sarcasm .. 

Not bad, but I think they did it better in Running Man, Rollerball and Death Race 2000. 

Disclaimer: this is NOT sarcasm... 😁

11 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

Not bad, but I think they did it better in Running Man, Rollerball and Death Race 2000. 

Disclaimer: this is NOT sarcasm... 😁

I reckon the government should just go full Battle Royale, only with adults instead of kids.

• Like 1

Just seen that Leyton Orient have revoked the season ticket of a fan and banned him for life after some racial abuse online following the final. That’s one way to go as I’m sure he will be incredibly annoyed that he can’t ever go to watch a team where he used to be a season ticket holder. Well done LO. 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Just seen that Leyton Orient have revoked the season ticket of a fan and banned him for life after some racial abuse online following the final. That’s one way to go as I’m sure he will be incredibly annoyed that he can’t ever go to watch a team where he used to be a season ticket holder. Well done LO. 

Brilliant! This needs to become standard practice across the EFL and PL.