oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

14 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

1. The FA specifically said why England players were choosing to take the knee so honestly, anyone still booing after they put their statement out is just a racist piece of ***, frankly.

2. I hope you're not trying to insinuate racism against white people is a thing that needs focusing on because....uhhh, no, just no.

3. Again, England players aren't taking the knee for George Floyd. How difficult is that to grasp?

Quite difficult apparently 😞

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

1. The FA specifically said why England players were choosing to take the knee so honestly, anyone still booing after they put their statement out is just a racist piece of ***, frankly.

2. I hope you're not trying to insinuate racism against white people is a thing that needs focusing on because....uhhh, no, just no.

3. Again, England players aren't taking the knee for George Floyd. How difficult is that to grasp?

You are such a utter bellend. Dunno how you constantly get away with your childish outbursts of name calling on a forum that's so quick to mod anything they deem "offensive".

Thankfully the views shared by you and some others in this thread are a small minority that are only a force on twatter or forums.

4 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

You are such a utter bellend. Dunno how you constantly get away with your childish outbursts of name calling on a forum that's so quick to mod anything they deem "offensive".

Thankfully the views shared by you and some others in this thread are a small minority that are only a force on twatter or forums.

People who have been specifically booing England players taking the knee ARE racist pieces of ***, sorry if that offends your delicate little sensibilities.

And I get away with it because the mod team secretly love me

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

he hasn't called anyone names there. For the first time in a while he hasn't actually done anything wrong.

However people chose to protest against racism they will be criticised - simply because people don’t want there to be an anti racist movement with sufficient publicity and support. Naomi Osaka was criticised for wearing face masks with names of people brutally killed by the police. Demos turn into “looters and thugs” with little evidence. T-shirts - stop politicising sport, kneeling during the national anthem - anti-patriotic.  They can’t win because people don’t want them to win. Taking the knee, explaining why and what it means is peaceful and powerful. And the racists can’t stand it.  

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

I don't even like the name as it assumes only black people suffer racism.

No-no-no, sorry, not this again, I don't agree with this at all. No part of the statement 'black lives matter' assumes anything about the status of racial inequalities of other people or the willingness to fight for them. Nobody is saying other lives don't matter, they're saying black lives do. That perception of that statement is on you, I'm afraid.

• Like 5

It's all well and good for people to say change the gesture too but if you believe they're Marxist for taking the knee, why should changing the gesture make a difference? Unless you think the ideals and beliefs of a person come down to the positions of their limbs on their body at any one time.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Brunners said:

he hasn't called anyone names there. For the first time in a while he hasn't actually done anything wrong.

Well, I called people who continue to boo England players taking the knee racist pieces of ***, but if people have an issue with that it says more about them than me, frankly.

• Like 2

Another thing I'm utterly sick of - politicians telling footballers to stick to football and stay out of politics. These people are representing democracy without even knowing what the bloody word means. Everyone has a right to be involved in politics in any arena they so choose to be - that's the whole point. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

When did I mention racism against white people? There are people of other colours besides black (myself being one of them).

Please don't lecture our crusaders about racism.  They know what they are talking about, they've read about it on social media and that.  You being of Asian descent is neither here nor there.  What would you know about racism? 🤦‍♂️

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Problem is taking the knee existed far before the BLM movement adopted it and people don't seem to want to accept that now.

Not in this country it didn't.  They are inextricably linked here.  It's weird that some people don't want to accept that either.

• Confused 1
7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Please don't lecture our crusaders about racism.  They know what they are talking about, they've read about it on social media and that.  You being of Asian descent is neither here nor there.  What would you know about racism? 🤦‍♂️

annnddddd here we go.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I accept that I may have misread @AnglianRed's post a little bit, that's on me for just assuming they were white. I won't make that mistake again.

HOWEVER, my point stands that BLM isn't saying people of other race's lives don't matter, and it never has. That's why all the "ALL LIVES MATTER" people can frankly *** right off.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Again, this is why I didn't like the way the UK adopted the BLM movement, taking the knee etc. because we have quite a different history to the US and root causes for the rise of racism. Different social & political structures too.

I don't even like the name as it assumes only black people suffer racism.

I feel if we'd bothered to create a movement that was more focused on UK-specific issues, there would be less confusion and division. 

I mean its great to show support for George Floyd and all the other victims of US police brutality, but we need something that highlights our own problems.

This is the crux of it, but as you've found on here, some people just won't see it.  

• Thanks 1

One other thing that annoys me - all these people saying "I boo because it's a Marxist gesture" - ask them what they know about the theories of Karl Marx and it will be a very short conversation. People use it as an excuse to be a *** far more often than for any genuine, informed concerns. 

• Like 2