Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think Henderson is match ready.  Looked nothing like his usual self at any point in the tournament in my opinion.  It looked more apparent today because we were second best for a decent chunk of it.  That's when not being match ready is going to show cos you're basically having to do a lot of work without the ball.

Henderson was anonymous while he was on. But I don't think Southgate had much choice. Rice was brilliant but ran himself into the ground.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

I think for me it's partly about the connection to the area too. I don't hold much connection to the entirety of England but I love coming from Middlesbrough, I've lived and worked in a few places aro

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

I wouldn't want Henderson taking a penalty in fairness.  Rashford takes them for Man Utd sometimes doesn't he?  That's why he'll have been brought on.  I'm not sure about Sancho but he seems like a confident lad to be fair to him.

Rashford I can see, but Sancho and saka were huge calls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah because he wasnt in the plans to take a penalty. Surely he should be saying "I'm captain of my club, I've been around for a long time, I'm taking a penalty"

From the bench?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah because he wasnt in the plans to take a penalty. Surely he should be saying "I'm captain of my club, I've been around for a long time, I'm taking a penalty"

He would have missed, Sterling or grealish should have been far ahead of saka in the order though surely.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Rashford I can see, but Sancho and saka were huge calls.

Sancho is about to sign for utd for £100m, I’d expect him to be able to take a penna!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Because they don't like being runners-up I guess. Its understandable.

I've always wondered why they even bother giving medals out to the losing side. Feels a bit patronising, like school sports day. Just so everyone gets something shiny to put around their neck.

 

That's posh I think .. 

In many sports there are 3 medals ... Even a game for the bronze in team sports ..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LinoJo3 said:

He would have missed, Sterling or grealish should have been far ahead of saka in the order though surely.

I'd have trusted either of them more. Henderson is *** at penalties.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LinoJo3 said:

Sancho is about to sign for utd for £100m, I’d expect him to be able to take a penna!

Haha me too mate. But in that context with that pressure, surely someone who's been around for a while should have taken that on their shoulders. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Neverbefore said:

Rashford I can see, but Sancho and saka were huge calls.

He obviously brought Sancho on with the express purpose of taking a penalty though, so there was obviously a reason why he was taking one.  I don't think many of the lads take penalties for their clubs do they?  I was trying to think who does, even as a second or third choice?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well on The bright side. I doubt very much that I’ll be around in another 55 years to feel disappointed again

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

He obviously brought Sancho on with the express purpose of taking a penalty though, so there was obviously a reason why he was taking one.  I don't think many of the lads take penalties for their clubs do they?  I was trying to think who does, even as a second or third choice?

Rashford is second choice for utd I think. Kane number one for his.

Beyond that you're right I think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...