Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹


Recommended Posts

Just now, Duvel said:

I don't buy the luck thing. 

Taking a penalty is a skill and more than anything a test of nerve. 

Hit the ball hard in the corner and no keeper will save it. 

26 players in the squad and we need to make 2 subs for the sake of the penalties, even when practicing them a lot.

Putting a 19 year old on the 5th and he puts it exactly at a height any keeper would want if they're going the right way. If they're practicing penalties a lot, they're bloody crap at it aren't they.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Every England fan last night  (Caution industrial language)    IMG_1425.MP4

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

26 players in the squad and we need to make 2 subs for the sake of the penalties, even when practicing them a lot.

Putting a 19 year old on the 5th and he puts it exactly at a height any keeper would want if they're going the right way. If they're practicing penalties a lot, they're bloody crap at it aren't they.

I'm sure they tuck them away for fun in training, its a different ball game when the pressure is on! 

If we keep telling ourselves that we are unlucky then we'll never improve our shootout record. 

As a penalty taker you are in total control of the situation, strike the ball well and you'll score 9 times out of 10. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

He was taken off so someone else could come on purely to take a penalty. 

Come on @Neverbefore no way did Jordan Henderson signal to the bench “please take me off because I don’t want to take a penalty”

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Yeah maybe .. But Phillips (I think) .. took it off, before it was on .. He literally didn't allow the official to put it on .. 

weird because that’s likely the ever medal he’s going to get as a Leeds player 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Duvel said:

I'm sure they tuck them away for fun in training, its a different ball game when the pressure is on! 

If we keep telling ourselves that we are unlucky then we'll never improve our shootout record. 

As a penalty taker you are in total control of the situation, strike the ball well and you'll score 9 times out of 10. 

 

One of those things that maybe you have to give this young group the benefit of the doubt from too, I guess. Maybe it's easy to say in the aftermath of exactly what happened tonight but it really looked like we went top-heavy with penalty takers whereas Italy put their best one last because they probably know they're gonna go the distance. We wanted to win it early if anything.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blanco said:

weird because that’s likely the ever medal he’s going to get as a Leeds player 🤷‍♂️

Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky

Yes maaaaaaaate

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Come on @Neverbefore no way did Jordan Henderson signal to the bench “please take me off because I don’t want to take a penalty”

That's not what I'm saying mate. I'm saying that as a senior member of the squad, and someone who was actually asked to take a penalty in a friendly leading up to the finals, he should have been making it clear throughout the tournament that he was going to be taking a penalty. Obviously he hasn't been able to convince Southgate of that whereas a couple of u21s have been able to. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

One of those things that maybe you have to give this young group the benefit of the doubt from too, I guess. Maybe it's easy to say in the aftermath of exactly what happened tonight but it really looked like we went top-heavy with penalty takers whereas Italy put their best one last because they probably know they're gonna go the distance. We wanted to win it early if anything.

I wouldn't really criticise anyone for missing one and I think you have to look at your more experienced players like Sterling and ask why they didn't take responsibility. 

Thats why I've never held a grudge against Southgate for missing one in 96, I admire him for having the balls to take one. 

Saying that I still don't think its down to luck at all, they held their nerve better than us and took better penalties. 

I don't feel robbed like I did in 90' and 96' either. In both of those games we were the better team over 120 minutes, that wasn't the case tonight, the best team won.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Get a sense of humour, a sense of perspective, or have a night off mate.  *** sick of the namby pamby crap on here.  I'm sure Dan is just fine, his feelings haven't been hurt, and he will get over being called a fanny in a joking manner by someone he doesn't know on the internet 🙄

Yeah I'm all good, my *** off wasn't malicious by the way. That said I do still feel like I could cry! 😂

Just not over CT's comments! 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Southgate fuckd it up. Its that simple.

Too defensive. No Grealish or Foden for most of the matches. 1 has to start at least. 4231 tonight with Grealish. 

It's like the Boro, we worry too much about what the opposition can do instead of what WE can do.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't we just bloody enjoy a final, why can't we just respectfully enjoy a football match, why do we have to read any comments about this kind of behaviour.

Seems a bit daft in retrospect to have the final kick off so late. I kind of thought that earlier looking at Leicester Square. 8pm kick-off on a Sunday of all things. Seems ridiculous.

I know Trafalgar Square got worse after I left it 6 years ago for the play-off final but whilst I was there, the worst thing that was going on was people occupying the statue and putting their own lives at risk and something I didn't like very much was the lads booting a footy around that ended up bouncing around the nearby road. That was bad for sure, this is somehow even worse.

The Leicester Square thing, throwing bloody glass bottles around in the air, there's no preparation for that, there's no singular target of potential injury there, that's literally everyone beware 'cause there's absolute arseholes hanging around there and making an absolute mess at the risk of everybody else.

Idiots spoiling it for everybody else. Far too many for my liking.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Yeah I'm all good, my *** off wasn't malicious by the way. That said I do still feel like I could cry! 😂

Just not over CT's comments! 😂

I know it wasn't mate.  Some of us are capable of understanding what is being said and how it's being said, that's why I knew I could call you a name without it breaking you.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • The administrators must be worried about HMRC. They supposedly owe them £26m.
    • I presume the continued legal action is to ensure that 9-12 point deduction that they are due for breaching P&S is actually carried out. It's all gone quiet since they went in to administration.
    • Well they're currently on -2 points. Another 9 point deduction would make that -11, which is currently 18 points from safety. That would be a serious amount of ground to make up and would require 3 teams above them to have pretty horrendous seasons, in order to overhaul them. I'd rather see Mel Morris get taken for every penny he's got, or otherwise punished to the full extent of the law. Instead he's wringing his hands and saying he's "sorry" while the club that was under his stewardship could end up going to the wall, if the administrators can't find a suitable buyer.  
    • Does Gibson seriously holding a grudge for them outbidding us on Waghorn 😂
    • They haven't actually been punished for cheating yet, which is the whole point of principle for Gibson. They've had a self-inflicted 12 point deduction for administration. They're currently only 9 points from safety, that is far from insurmountable with most of the season left, and the pressure needs to be kept up to ensure they get the punishment they're due.

×
×
  • Create New...