oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Every England fan last night  (Caution industrial language)    IMG_1425.MP4

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

Looks much better tonight, lads ... More intent and drive. 

You should be glad, Grealish chose to be English, as he played International Youth games for Ireland 😎👌

I hope you stay at Wembley ... And I think it will be Portugal coming for a visit.

sterling needs to stay higher up on the shoulder. he's literally brainless when deeper. absolute liability. 

when we press higher in forward positions we look decent. but our build up from defense to midfield is dire. we are like a totally different side in different areas of the pitch.

• Like 1

England look better, but The Czechs are unlucky not to have been on the scoreboard, a couple of timely blocks there. Sako is giving us some drive and pace but that midfield of Rice and Phillips is just not working, they are essentially occupying the same space

• Like 1
1 minute ago, pikerman said:

England look better, but The Czechs are unlucky not to have been on the scoreboard, a couple of timely blocks there. Sako is giving us some drive and pace but that midfield of Rice and Phillips is just not working, they are essentially occupying the same space

Which is so weird because they showed vs Croatia that Phillips can play higher

Well that was definitely better than the Scotland game...though it would have been hard to be worse.

Not surprising that the 2 new guys, Saka and Grealish combined to set up Sterling for the goal (with a bit of help from Kane). Unlucky not to have scored with his chipped effort that hit the post.

A rare moment of quality in an otherwise fairly mundane first half. Nice to see Kane at least getting a shot on target.

Still a tad frustrating how slow, laboured and defensive-minded England are. Our ONLY outlets are Saka and Grealish. The only times we've even tried to get forward have been when they have been on the ball.

We've allowed Czech Rep more time and space to play than is really comfortable and consequently they've had some good chances of their own. Against better teams we would have been punished. England really need to change their mindset and play style if they want to progress much further.

Hope we can up the tempo a bit 2nd half, or make some changes and start creating more.

42 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Southgate would be mad to drop a quality class player like Sterling 😁

He's class when he's in goalscoring positions, but an absolute liability when he drops back and tries to contribute to build up play.

Biggest problem with England for me is our fullbacks being camped in our own half with 2 holding midfielders. 

Playing 2 holding midfielders should give more freedom to the fullbacks (dullbacks).

• Like 1
  • Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹