• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

Bored now… anyone else… 

Not me. We absolutely 1-0 the crap out of these lot 🥳

• Haha 2

A performance that won't settle many doubts, though Sterling has done well again, but we're through unbeaten and as group winners.

It could be far worse.

Scotland can celebrate their 0-0 for years to come.

well done england and southgate. we successfully held on to the 1-0 lead for 75 minutes against the mighty czech republic. the team we battered 5-0 here when we actually tried to score against them.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I feel the same when Kane tries to do that too 

In fairness to Kane he does look a bit more capable (for Spurs anyway) and doesn't try to dribble past 6 people like Sterling does. But I'll agree he's been pretty anonymous so far.

Edited by AnglianRed

Well that was a pretty unimpressive 45 minutes. Neither side looked like scoring. Very scrappy and disjointed all round. Most notable moment was Henderson's offside goal.

So again England win a game through a single moment of quality, top their group and are yet to concede a goal.

But I have to say I'm still far from convinced we're a good team. Could any country win their group less convincingly?

I'd still put money on us getting knocked out after the next game.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

A performance that won't settle many doubts, though Sterling has done well again, but we're through unbeaten and as group winners.

It could be far worse.

Scotland can celebrate their 0-0 for years to come.

Best thing about that is we won't be hearing Yes Sir I Can Boogie any more. Thank Christ. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well we didn’t concede any goals in the group and scored a massive 2… Teams must be shaking in there boots but we have the ability to bore the @#/7 out of any of them… The point is we go through group leaders with 2 goals, would you believe it.. 

• Like 1

Well that was weird we just lost our shape in that second half, Grealish disappeared. I just have this nasty feeling that the first quality team we play and we will be out. Hey hum nothing changes

• Like 1

Positives: we qualified top of (an admittedly easy) group, we haven't conceded a goal, we play a runner-up in the next round, we get to stay at Wembley. We're not Scotland, who are basically the new North Macedonia of European football.

Negatives: everything else. Dull, lumpen football that sends you to sleep rather than galvanising you. No sense of attacking fluidity bar maybe 15 minutes. Several players bang out of form. Fullbacks clearly being threatened with torture by Southgate if they bomb on. Whole team feels stifled. Fans will be edgy in next game as a result, which feeds back to the players in a vicious (and unnecessary) circle. Cannot understand why Rashford keeps coming on. Cannot understand why Sancho can't get half an hour. We played with fear against Scotland, and their fans will dine out on that goalless draw for the rest of the decade. We're boring as f**k to watch if you're a neutral. Other top teams will be delighted to be drawn against us based on how little attacking intent we've shown thus far.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Well we didn’t concede any goals in the group and scored a massive 2… Teams must be shaking in there boots but we have the ability to bore the @#/7 out of any of them… The point is we go through group leaders with 2 goals, would you believe it.. 

didn’t Spain win this competition by only scoring a total of 7/8 goals throughout the whole thing? 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Bored now… anyone else… 

I think I actually dozed off for 15 minutes around the 70 minute mark. Think I was woken up by the crowd noise when Henderson thought he'd scored.

• Haha 1
  • Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹