oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

Not been a bad first half. Certainly doesn't feel like Croatia are the better team (as it did in the world cup game). Shame we couldn't get that goal early on, but plenty of time left. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

Walker looks like he's elsewhere at the moment, I wouldn't mind bringing Shaw on and swapping Trippier to the other side.

I think Sterling's had a good half too. He's probably been our most dangerous so far, a lot of our chances have gone through him. The only issue I've had is there was one that came in behind and I think when he pulled back onto his right rather than have a go with his left and it took the sting out the move.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Walker looks like he's elsewhere at the moment, I wouldn't mind bringing Shaw on and swapping Trippier to the other side.

I think Sterling's had a good half too. He's probably been our most dangerous so far, a lot of our chances have gone through him. The only issue I've had is there was one that came in behind and I think when he pulled back onto his right rather than have a go with his left and it took the sting out the move.

That's sterling in a nutshell though. It always was at Liverpool and his early years at city - consistently making the wrong decisions in the box and showing no clinical side to his finishing. He's reverted to type all season which led to him losing his position as first on the teamsheet for pep. 

• Like 2

Happy that England started positively. Looked much the better side for the first half an hour. Unlucky Foden's effort came off the post.

Croatia started to look more dangerous towards the end. Or at least had more possession and spent more time in England's half. Understandable we would tire a bit given the heat.

Not many actual shots on target for either team. Hope England can address this second half. Would hate for us to be undone by a Croatian sucker punch after we dominated most of the 1st half.

Hope Southgate rings the changes earlier, rather than waiting until our guys look dead on their feet.

Anyone else think the Croatians are trying to bully England? Noticed a few times they've just blatantly run into our guys and pushed them over...not even tried to win the ball.

Glad we've got Kalvin Philips in the side - he looks like he's not prepared to take any crap from them. Also shown some nice skills.

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Fair play to mings too who has played great.

They've played into his hands a bit so far but yeah. I've still got some questions about him on the floor, ball at his feet. But he is gonna gobble up anything in the air, him and Stones will love it if they can limit Croatia to crosses. He's certainly proved that he's earned his chance so far.

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Unfortunately after that yellow it probably makes sense to take Foden off for Grealish or Rashford.

Rashford probably best right now. Should be a few opportunities to counter

• Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹