• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

I feel for foden. No other nation/manager would have one of the best young talents in world football sat on the bench. Only mbappe and haaland ahead of him imo. 

I just don't see where he fits into this system and he's not worth changing the system to fit in.

Bit disappointed with the team, I won't lie.  I think we're showing Germany a bit too much respect although I can at least see the tactical reasons for the switch.  However I'd really like to see us get at their defenders, and removing an attacking player feels like we're less likely to do that.  Trippier's set pieces could be handy as well.  I still think we can win this but it might be a game where we really need to be clinical.  I don't see us keeping a clean sheet either so I reckon we'll need more than one goal this time. 

5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

So certainly looks like the line-up hinted at earlier.

Pickford
Walker Stones Maguire
Trippier Phillips Rice Shaw
Saka Kane Sterling

I'm really glad it's Saka and not Foden in that position, to be honest.

Why, just out of interest?

Can someone ask Wilson for me as he has me on ignore, the big Mackem cry baby.

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

At least Werner is playing, that's a big bonus for you!

The feeling I have about how players who don't do well against other teams but always find a way to score their debut goal or their first goal in forever against us (Boro) translates across to England. If Werner is going to have a good game, it will be today.

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

At least Werner is playing, that's a big bonus for you!

His pace could be an issue especially against Maguire and Stones.  I'm guessing that why he's in today.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

His pace could be an issue especially against Maguire and Stones.  I'm guessing that why he's in today.

Aye tongue in cheek. I think he's gonna be class next season. 

11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Have to disagree, he is. 

We disagree on the system already so I'd guess that would be a given. I'd imagine you would change the way we'd line up regardless of Foden and that would help him into the side. As it is, unless you drop Sterling for Foden, I don't see a way into this system for him and I don't see how we justify that given he's the man who's scored the goals. We saw even just in the last game what having Saka as an out-ball can do for us. He ultimately played better there in the game against the Czech Republic than Foden had in either the Scotland or Croatia games.

10 minutes ago, LBP said:

We must have the best bench of any country 

Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Mount, Rashford, etc

Yep what a bench, 5 defenders plus Rice and Phillips,in the starting 11, looks like Southgates a lot more frightened of Germany than they are of us. Disappointing line up for me, banking on the creativity coming from the wing backs very predictable as usual. 

• Like 2
  • Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹