oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

42 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I think if we beat Germany and make the final then most people would be pretty happy with that.  Both of those things would be quite big for England fans.  Unless we got battered in the final then I'd like to think people would view the tournament positively.  It is harder maybe for Southgate because he walked into the job on the back of nothing really so he doesn't have the successful club managerial career to fall back on.

I think if we beat Germany most fans will be happy to get the monkey off there back.
What route is forecast, against who has little or no value. Get past what’s in front of you before worrying about what you might encounter. 
Going by the FA , GS has a future regardless of ability or results which I find diabolical given it’s should not be about him, but what’s good for the country on the world stage. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

Southgate showing he's a cowardly lion. 

We shouldn't be dropping our best players against any team left in the tournament. How about we let Germany worry about stopping Foden and Grealish instead of going negative.

Anyways... Come on England

• Like 1

Honestly I'm genuinely worried. Regardless of previous performances, Germany have some quality players and we should not be taking them lightly, or expect to beat them.

I can understand Southgate's caution to a certain extent, but I'm not happy with the players and formation he has chosen. Even allowing for Germany's attacking threat I feel its overly conservative.

My main worry is that he will try to have England "manage" the game as we have done previously and that it will either end 0-0, go to penalties and we lose...again, or we'll simply lose in normal time due to lack of attacking effort.

It really does seem he is so obsessed with what's happened in the past, that he is afraid to use the attacking talent at his disposal. I really am worried that his efforts to match Germany man for man will be our downfall.

If by some chance we actually win, I will delete this post and pretend I never wrote it...

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Classy fans at it again. Get in the bin.

Can't say I've heard any other nation boo another national anthem all tournament, apart from Scotland in retaliation to England's booing theirs. Could be wrong though, but it just seem an English thing

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Can't say I've heard any other nation boo another national anthem all tournament, apart from Scotland in retaliation to England's booing theirs. Could be wrong though, but it just seem an English thing

Same mate, I think I might of heard it once but can't remember where. The Twitter post they put out earlier today requesting respect was full of people saying everyone does it so they will too. Don't know where they've heard it elsewhere, daft as.

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Scotland fans boo whether their anthem is first or second.

• Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹