oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

13 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I think we can risk shuffling the starting lineup...can always bring the first-choice players on later if it looks like we need them.

I'm not too worried about this one as we managed to beat Germany in normal time, while Ukraine had to slog it out for an extra 30 minutes. The way players were going down in that game makes me think they will be rather weakened.

As you say though, best not to get complacent. We still need to field a strong team, but luckily we do have quality throughout the squad, so I'd expect to see a few changes.

Risk. I say play to your strength and possibly, as it’s a different team, the line up could be quite different. Who would doubt GS anyway.. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

10 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Some really bloody disturbing crap got posted about that young girl. The slag stuff wasn't even the worst, that's how bad it was.

Someone joked about the 'Two World Wars, One World Cup' thing on here the other day but there's really not a large gap between that chant or whatever it is and some of the Nazi crap that came out after the game from the worst of our society. Comes from a similar place, from people who can't distinguish the footballing rivalry we've shared with Germany from the wars that we fought with them.

But hey, apparently taking the knee is too political...

I'd really love to see "fans" that boo national anthems / taking the knee, or guilty of other offensive behaviour banned from all future international matches. Similar to how anyone caught engaging in racist / homophobic behaviour can be banned by clubs.

I bet if they started doing that, you'd see a rapid drop in that kind of crap.

Again, this is something the FA and other associations should be taking a lead on, to weed out these scumbags. Football doesn't need its image tarnished by these knuckle-draggers.

If this means having every inch of stadiums covered by surveillance cameras and security patrols all over the place, with the power to eject offenders, so be it. 

I'm sick and tired of the moronic minority giving all football fans a bad image.

9 hours ago, Uwe said:

Pictures of kids crying have been part of football for as long as I can remember (usually English ones) 

However the vitriol posted about that picture was truly disturbing. Just goes to show that social media really does house the most vile scum this planet has to offer

Yep - the usual cowardly keyboard warriors who would never dare say that kind of crap to anyone's face, but the safety & anonymity of the internet means they can get away with it. 😡

Edited by AnglianRed

what did our danish buddies make of the england vs germany game? how to you think we will fair against the Ukrainians and how confident would you guys be to beat us, would you be more confident or less confident than prior to germany game? 

i feel more confident about our chances against anyone after we beat the germans but i dont think we are as good as italy. belgium and spain i think we are more likely to be able to beat atm. danes are a tough one they have looked one of the best sides to me. just need a finisher. i think u will give a tough game to anyone and certaily wouldnt rule you out from winning the whole thing. after all you did it before. something we have never managed lol

17 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Comes from a similar place, from people who can't distinguish the footballing rivalry we've shared with Germany from the wars that we fought with them.

Yeah, it's a real shame when people can't distinguish between sporting rivalry and political history.  Thankfully it's just those horrible people that do it, and nobody else.

19 hours ago, Brunners said:

It'll be the same fans calling the German girl a slag. We have some truly horrible scum in this country unfortunately.

What German girl?  Some twitter stuff or something?

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

What German girl?  Some twitter stuff or something?

The young German girl that was shown on the screen crying during the game and everyone cheered at it. It got posted on twitter with plenty of grown men calling her a nazi and a slag.

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

The young German girl that was shown on the screen crying during the game and everyone cheered at it. It got posted on twitter with plenty of grown men calling her a nazi and a slag.

I see.

As someone who doesn't bother with social media, have any of you that do, considered not bothering with it, so as not see what seems to be a constant stream of horribleness on there?  Each time one of you posts something about it, or it gets mentioned elsewhere, it reinforces my belief that I'm not exactly missing out on anything by avoiding it.  There would seem to be far better ways of catching up with friends, or with what's going on in the world, than a platform or platforms that seem designed to create an environment for this kinda stuff.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I see.

As someone who doesn't bother with social media, have any of you that do, considered not bothering with it, so as not see what seems to be a constant stream of horribleness on there?  Each time one of you posts something about it, or it gets mentioned elsewhere, it reinforces my belief that I'm not exactly missing out on anything by avoiding it.  There would seem to be far better ways of catching up with friends, or with what's going on in the world, than a platform or platforms that seem designed to create an environment for this kinda stuff.

You’re 100% correct. For all the good social media can do I don’t think it’s worth it for the harm it causes. 
I left social media a few years ago as it was seriously affecting me. Not so much in a mental health way but certainly in a viewpoint Way. I actually hated about 90% of society as I assumed that they mirrored the posts I saw on Twitter. Once I got off it I became much more calm and tolerant (still have my moments) as I realised its actually only about 5% of society but make up for about 90% of the posts I was reading. I genuinely think there’s a few people on here that would benefit from doing the same. 
Especially now with foreign influence making up profiles (bots) with the sole purpose of causing division in others society. 

10 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

I'd really love to see "fans" that boo national anthems / taking the knee, or guilty of other offensive behaviour banned from all future international matches. Similar to how anyone caught engaging in racist / homophobic behaviour can be banned by clubs.

I bet if they started doing that, you'd see a rapid drop in that kind of crap.

Again, this is something the FA and other associations should be taking a lead on, to weed out these scumbags. Football doesn't need its image tarnished by these knuckle-draggers.

If this means having every inch of stadiums covered by surveillance cameras and security patrols all over the place, with the power to eject offenders, so be it. 

I'm sick and tired of the moronic minority giving all football fans a bad image.

Yep - the usual cowardly keyboard warriors who would never dare say that kind of crap to anyone's face, but the safety & anonymity of the internet means they can get away with it. 😡

With you regarding National Anthems, many countries I have worked it could well be the last thing you did before meeting your maker. Not that I would boo but I don’t support the gesture of taking the knee. 

Be interesting to see how we line-up again on Saturday. Ukraine also switched from a back 4 to a back 5 in their last 16 tie too against Sweden, it really freed Zinchenko up in the left wingback spot.

I think we'll revert back to our 4-3-3 for this game.

11 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Be interesting to see how we line-up again on Saturday. Ukraine also switched from a back 4 to a back 5 in their last 16 tie too against Sweden, it really freed Zinchenko up in the left wingback spot.

I think we'll revert back to our 4-3-3 for this game.

It worry’s me because I think we have four on yellow cards. Also I don’t think we should  put out a experimental or weakened team, why, memories of Scotland and Iceland come to mind. Play the card in your hand, win and you live on to play the next.. 

I'd be starting Henderson over one of Rice and Phillips if he's fit enough, given the risk of suspension.

Henderson is arguably better when fully fit and we can always bring the player he replaced on if he struggles.

But we're likely to change formation with who we're playing anyway, so I expect there will be changes.

I'd play Maguire regardless, and Mings did decent enough in his absence that I'm sure we can cope if Maguire ends up missing the semi-final, should we get there.

might be good idea to change the wing backs again. keep the legs fresh out wide. chilwell and james to come in and push us up the pitch. i think we'll dominate the game need to have plenty out wide on the overlap to get in behind a packed defense.

• Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹