oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

Find it a little weird how much airtime we give to anonymous Twitter accounts. Most of the horrible comments I saw seemed to come from accounts with random photos or flags as avatars and non-identifiable names. In fact, most stupid or unkind comments I see on Twitter in general seem to be from people with Ronaldo or Messi avatars and some gibberish for a username.

How do we know who these people are i.e. how old they are, what country they're from?

Happy to be proved wrong as this is all anecdotal... but I wonder how many of those comments (as in the actually vile ones) were from identifiable English people with their names and faces visible? Not saying that makes it okay but many of these people are clearly troll accounts out to get a reaction - and they certainly got it. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Find it a little weird how much airtime we give to anonymous Twitter accounts. Most of the horrible comments I saw seemed to come from accounts with random photos or flags as avatars and non-identifiable names. In fact, most stupid or unkind comments I see on Twitter in general seem to be from people with Ronaldo or Messi avatars and some gibberish for a username.

How do we know who these people are i.e. how old they are, what country they're from?

Happy to be proved wrong as this is all anecdotal... but I wonder how many of those comments (as in the actually vile ones) were from identifiable English people with their names and faces visible? Not saying that makes it okay but many of these people are clearly troll accounts out to get a reaction - and they certainly got it. 

At least three people with very identifiable profiles here. Red Johnson a little more obscure, but three of them just full on have their names & one with a full face pic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

At least three people with very identifiable profiles here. Red Johnson a little more obscure, but three of them just full on have their names & one with a full face pic.

Wow... You must be seriously thick to post things like that in this day and age. 

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Wow... You must be seriously thick to post things like that in this day and age. 

You have to be dangerously troubled to have thoughts like that let alone to put them into print. Someone somewhere has to live next door or to work with those cretins. I wouldn't like anyone's kids to come into contact with them as I think there are far deeper issues at work in those minds. I would hope that the Police take a look at these individuals backgrounds and if nothing else get them on their radar. As bad as the Chris Whitty incident was to me this is far darker and concerning.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

You have to be dangerously troubled to have thoughts like that let alone to put them into print. Someone somewhere has to live next door or to work with those cretins. I wouldn't like anyone's kids to come into contact with them as I think there are far deeper issues at work in those minds. I would hope that the Police take a look at these individuals backgrounds and if nothing else get them on their radar. As bad as the Chris Whitty incident was to me this is far darker and concerning.

Or, alternatively, they are just attention seekers like half the people on Twitter.  I don't think things like Twitter let people be their real selves, I think it allows them to be something quite different.  I bet a lot of the fellas who were acting like *** would have been giving it the "aww, don't cry" consoling talk if they were sat next to her and her dad.  Twitter allows people to be horrible in a way that they ordinarily wouldn't be.  Although I'm sure that there are plenty who are just *** either way of course.

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

It's nice but would she have been aware of any of it?  If she isn't then it would have been better to just let it go.

Probably not...but I think the main aim of this was to do something visible to kick back against the scumbags who were having a go at her. That obviously got a fair amount of media attention and hopefully this will too.

Obviously she was also upset at her team losing, so there's the added bonus of her family getting a nice surprise (hopefully - provided the guy can track down her family).

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I know they will be professional but giving us German officials for our QF seems like an unnecessary bit of drama.

WE'VE BEEN STITCHED UP!!!

Jimmy Fallon Thats Not Fair GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

49 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Or, alternatively, they are just attention seekers like half the people on Twitter.  I don't think things like Twitter let people be their real selves, I think it allows them to be something quite different.  I bet a lot of the fellas who were acting like *** would have been giving it the "aww, don't cry" consoling talk if they were sat next to her and her dad.  Twitter allows people to be horrible in a way that they ordinarily wouldn't be.  Although I'm sure that there are plenty who are just *** either way of course.

But why though?

I don't act any differently on social media to how I would in real life. Well...okay maybe I let my sense of humour off the chain a little more and am less reticent about making my opinions known.

But I would never dream of being abusive towards anyone, no matter how much of a *** they were being...and certainly wouldn't gloat over images of a child in distress.

Again...I just have to ask WHY? I just can't get my head around why anyone would be that way. Especially if they wouldn't do it face to face. If you're an abusive *** in real life then thats another matter... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Brunners said:

These are exactly the kind of scumbags that should never be allowed to set foot in a football stadium ever again.

If I was dictator / tyrant  / feared overlord of this country I'd make this kind of crap an executable offence.

Track them down, arrest them, stick 'em up against a wall and let a firing squad use them for target practice.

I bet you'd see a dramatic downturn in the amount of abuse online and inside grounds.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Pretty sure she'll have access to the internet. Germany isn't THAT backwards 😉

I think what CT meant is that it may be that it wasn't picked up on by German media...at least until that guy who started the crowdfund page reached out to try and find out who she is.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think its "alternatively" I think its one and the same, seriously sick individuals with disturbing issues.

12 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I don't think its "alternatively" I think its one and the same, seriously sick individuals with disturbing issues.

These individuals should just be ignored, people constantly feeding them energy. That's how they get their kicks.

• Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹