Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Or, alternatively, they are just attention seekers like half the people on Twitter.  I don't think things like Twitter let people be their real selves, I think it allows them to be something quite different.  I bet a lot of the fellas who were acting like *** would have been giving it the "aww, don't cry" consoling talk if they were sat next to her and her dad.  Twitter allows people to be horrible in a way that they ordinarily wouldn't be.  Although I'm sure that there are plenty who are just *** either way of course.

I don't think its "alternatively" I think its one and the same, seriously sick individuals with disturbing issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Every England fan last night  (Caution industrial language)    IMG_1425.MP4

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I don't think its "alternatively" I think its one and the same, seriously sick individuals with disturbing issues.

These individuals should just be ignored, people constantly feeding them energy. That's how they get their kicks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the last time there was so much anticipation about England and how much folks are looking forward to the game.

No banana skin time boys and all the best!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

These individuals should just be ignored, people constantly feeding them energy. That's how they get their kicks.

Whilst I like the gesture of a fund raiser for that family. More in a way of repairing our image more than anything else. I’m sure there will be a large section of Twitter people complaining that the money wasn’t given to homeless/food banks or some other worthy cause which further reinforces my point of social media just largely being a bitchfest 🤷‍♂️

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

These individuals should just be ignored, people constantly feeding them energy. That's how they get their kicks.

The trouble is they can't be ignored. They get everywhere, posting this vile crap. The flip side of social media being so ubiquitous. It just takes one person you follow or site you use to re-post the article and "Bam!" you read it and lose just a little more faith in humanity. The story's even made it to the BBC's home page.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57694686

Going back to an earlier debate on here, this is why I'm in agreement that the platforms need to start doing more to track and block / ban accounts with this sort of content. It would be brilliant if they could just auto-delete any posts containing racial & homophobic slurs and other words such as Nazi.

 

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Whilst I like the gesture of a fund raiser for that family. More in a way of repairing our image more than anything else. I’m sure there will be a large section of Twitter people complaining that the money wasn’t given to homeless/food banks or some other worthy cause which further reinforces my point of social media just largely being a bitchfest 🤷‍♂️

Thats social media for you. If its not the trolls that get you, its the high and mighty social justice warriors who think they could create the perfect utopian society if they were allowed to run the country. 🙄

Thats why I strictly limit who I follow: people like Brian Cox, Neil de Grasse Tyson, Alice Roberts and Stephen Fry. The Darwin Awards are always good for a laugh too. Oh and the official MFC Twitter account...obvs!

If I feel like getting into an argument I just check what folks like Nigel Farage and Julia Hartley-Brewer have been posting. 🙃

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Thats social media for you. If its not the trolls that get you, its the high and mighty social justice warriors who think they could create the perfect utopian society if they were allowed to run the country. 🙄

Thats why I strictly limit who I follow: people like Brian Cox, Neil de Grasse Tyson, Alice Roberts and Stephen Fry. The Darwin Awards are always good for a laugh too. Oh and the official MFC Twitter account...obvs!

If I feel like getting into an argument I just check what folks like Nigel Farage and Julia Hartley-Brewer have been posting. 🙃

 

When I was on Twitter my favourite account was Titiana McGrath. If she’s/he’s still a thing

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uwe said:

When I was on Twitter my favourite account was Titiana McGrath. If she’s/he’s still a thing

Ah, Titiana, the "woke" character created by "comedian" Andrew Doyle. I asked him on his real Twitter if he had another joke or just that one and the humourless *** promptly blocked me 🤣

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Ah, Titiana, the "woke" character created by "comedian" Andrew Doyle. I asked him on his real Twitter if he had another joke or just that one and the humourless *** promptly blocked me 🤣

Living up to his name then? A complete Doyle...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It'll be 28°c in Rome tonight.

image.gif.858ca7f99047d765478f45c378bb475f.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LBP said:

Wonder why Grealish can't buy a start 

He's done really well coming off the bench, why change a winning formula?

Might be as simple as that.

It is bizarre how rarely we play the same team though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • I think Tav is what he is, a skilled footballer with good ball control but lacking a footballing brain which has held him back from making the next grade. He is useful and can beat defenders but you never get off your seat watching him and when he lines up to shoot nobody expects him to score indeed it's probably more a case of wondering just how far off target it's going to end up. For me the problem is supporters having unrealistic expectations from him. He's 22 years old, his "development" is behind him, at best he might hone what he has but I would be amazed if he suddenly became a world beater. He has reached his level, with maturity he may refine some flaws but his decision making is the weakest part of his game and if your head isn't telling you what you should do in the next phase of play at 22 then it isn't going to change anytime soon.  In short he is decent at this level, no more no less, with a tendency to believe his own hype which I suspect is one of the main drivers behind such poor decision making.    
    • I have a cousin called Ruaraidh (Rory), Gaelic names get proper wacky!
    • =6th on goals scored. Missed a week too! Somehow find myself just above the relegation zone!!    not going my way this season!!
    • I actually think he’s improved significantly since he was dropped for that one game a while back. 
    • It’s not necessarily criticism (the way I see him), it’s more frustration. He has everything to be one of the best players in the league. He just needs to improve his end product. Personally think he should be getting double figures for goals and assists every season with relative ease with the ability he has. It’s great that he’s a threat and getting in shooting positions, but unless he actually improves his end product it’s not really helping the team. Just think he could really reach that next level with a bit of composure. Saying that, if he did improve his composure, he’d be a premier league player - quite easily.

×
×
  • Create New...