oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

20 minutes ago, Uwe said:

The hatred for England especially from a Scottish perspective, now is just a habit. They grow up with it. It’s so deeply ingrained it them they can’t really help it it’s part of their DNA. Having lived in Scotland for many years and witnessed it first hand it’s the reason I can’t bring myself to support Scotland in any sporting event. The media really do fuel this as it sells so well and the jocks just lap up what they serve. Mind you saying that means the game on Friday will be extremely difficult. To Scotland were their Cup final wether they progress from the group stages or not if they beat England their euros would be classed as successful. Wales is similar but too a lesser extent. Some of the anti English vitriol I’ve seen/heard from parents and coaches in football in teams as young as U10 is embarrassing. So if we are talking from a non biased viewpoint it has to work both ways

To be honest the biggest issue for me isn't history or politics so much as it is the media coverage we receive here. We get the UK (read -english) media, I have to watch all these games with English commentators, have to listen to all the biased coverage and see conversation of every game or event turned to how it impacts England. After 33 years on this earth it gets a bit sickening like! It would be like you having to watch the french coverage and French media viewpoint in your own country. I know thats not the primary reason for a lot of people but it is for me

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Every England fan last night  (Caution industrial language)    IMG_1425.MP4

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

To be honest the biggest issue for me isn't history or politics so much as it is the media coverage we receive here. We get the UK (read -english) media, I have to watch all these games with English commentators, have to listen to all the biased coverage and see conversation of every game or event turned to how it impacts England. After 33 years on this earth it gets a bit sickening like! It would be like you having to watch the french coverage and French media viewpoint in your own country. I know thats not the primary reason for a lot of people but it is for me

I’ve heard this before from other UK nations (not England obviously) and I 100% agree it would annoy  the hell out of me too. Unfortunately I don’t know how to fix that. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I didn't realise that occupation was still going on for your lot. 

We've been occupied by the Saxons and then the Normans ever since Athelstan assassinated Erik Bloodaxe and then started putting their cronies in positions of power. Compared to the Harrying of the North, Cromwell and Longshanks were like benevolent uncles..  a lot of people do know their history and when asked "are you English?", I tend to say,  "No, I'm from Yorkshire"..  ..  I would recommend that anyone who does get the chance should see an England v Scotland game just for the atmosphere..  my mistake was choosing 1977 🙂  

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

I’ve heard this before from other UK nations (not England obviously) and I 100% agree it would annoy  the hell out of me too. Unfortunately I don’t know how to fix that. 🤷‍♂️

I do 🤣

• Erimus 63 changed the title to England v Scotland
Posted (edited)

No doubt the Scots will be fired up for this one. Can't see anything else but an England win. However, being a derby strange things can happen.

Scotland losing was good for us as now they have to get something out of the game. This will make it much more open and the likes of Kane, Rashford Stirling and Sako will definitely find themselves in space

The form book goes out the window and England v Scotland will not be a easy game. Scotland may not have great individual players but they work pretty well as a unit and create chances. They are up against England and for sure the the effort will raise another 25% and they have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If they win this match and lose every other they will be heroes for years to come and not just in Scotland, and they know it. It’s there cup final, a chance to make the headlines, a chance for a place in folk law history, a chance to be worshiped and there names to be etched in stone. The England players carry a heavy burden unlike any other game they will ever encounter and the world media and Kranky are waiting like vultures ready to pick over the carcass and it won’t be pretty should they lose. 
I don’t think there is a game that means so much to so many fans it’s the biggest game of the tournament by far. Nothing but a England win is or will be acceptable, period. 

I think this will be a battering. The Scots have to attack as they need to get a win after ruining their own chances on Monday. They look wide open at the back and I reckon England's pacey counterattack will cut them to bits.

• Like 1

its going to be a long 90minutes for scotland i suspect. they have a mountain to climb and face a team who are basically prefect side to exploit their gapping weaknesses. it'll be a comfortable win for england. we just have to much for them i think. 

i'm normally englands biggest critic but even i cant see this one going any other way than a win for us.

• Uwe changed the title to EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹