Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹


Recommended Posts

If England lose I can imagine the dog's abuse that Southgate will get coming his way regardless of the fact that he got the team to their first final since 1966 and before most of the petulant self indulgent entitled lot were even born.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

Every England fan last night  (Caution industrial language)    IMG_1425.MP4

Few excellent posts regarding the final and the tournament as a whole. On the pitch Southgate got basically every decision he made spot on leading upto the final. Even the decision to go to a win

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

Scotland are getting desperate.

 

 

E54VQv1X0AY8DLn.jpg

Such a Tin Pot small minded people 🤦‍♂️

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad new on the eve of the Final. Paul Mariner died at 68, no age. Didn't know he'd been recovering from  a brain cancer operation 8 months ago.

 Big Jack wanted him, but wouldn't pay the dosh.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Erimus 63 said:

Scotland are getting desperate.

 

 

E54VQv1X0AY8DLn.jpg

In fairness there are a lot of Italians living in Scotland...or at least a lot of Scots with Italian heritage.

This is the most legitimate country they could get behind.

Still, the bitterness is hilarious...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

In fairness there are a lot of Italians living in Scotland...or at least a lot of Scots with Italian heritage.

This is the most legitimate country they could get behind.

Still, the bitterness is hilarious...

 

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so bitter, xenophobic, spiteful, classless. You know all things people are so damn quick to say the English are. 🤦‍♂️

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

In fairness there are a lot of Italians living in Scotland...or at least a lot of Scots with Italian heritage.

This is the most legitimate country they could get behind.

Still, the bitterness is hilarious...

 

A lot of Italians were ripped off and dumped in Scotland. They paid the fare, thought they were going to America and were non the wiser as they only spoke Italian. Anyway they made the best of it. Jockaties 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Uwe said:

It would be hilarious if it wasn’t so bitter, xenophobic, spiteful, classless. You know all things people are so damn quick to say the English are. 🤦‍♂️

Well, sadly, there are a vocal minority of English who are pretty much the same and show their classless-ness at every single match.

I've had similar accusations thrown at me ever since the referendum. I'm used to it and don't let it get me, as the accusers are usually idiots. 

I choose to believe most English people are generally decent and respectful. We're just being made to look bad by a significant and noisy minority of yobs, with zero class, manners or respect for others. The bell-end who thought it was clever to bring a laser pointer to a football match should just never be allowed inside a stadium ever again IMO.

I'm of the mindset that if people are being disrespectful towards you, the best response is to rise above it and be the better person. But obviously others will respond differently.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well, sadly, there are a vocal minority of English who are pretty much the same and show their classless-ness at every single match.

I've had similar accusations thrown at me ever since the referendum. I'm used to it and don't let it get me, as the accusers are usually idiots. 

I choose to believe most English people are generally decent and respectful. We're just being made to look bad by a significant and noisy minority of yobs, with zero class, manners or respect for others. The bell-end who thought it was clever to bring a laser pointer to a football match should just never be allowed inside a stadium ever again IMO.

I'm of the mindset that if people are being disrespectful towards you, the best response is to rise above it and be the better person. But obviously others will respond differently.

 

But in Scotland I don’t believe it’s in the minority. It’s not just mindless yobs. It’s those type but also their dads, mam’s, nana, granddad postman and dogs. It’s in the media in their art it’s as important to hate the English as it is to love being Scottish. 
Scotland is a beautiful country Edinburgh is magnificent, Aberdeen is really cosmopolitan the Cairngorms are unrivalled in beauty. That have so much to love but prefer hate over all of it. 
Again just my opinion from living and working there for many years

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Well, sadly, there are a vocal minority of English who are pretty much the same and show their classless-ness at every single match.

I've had similar accusations thrown at me ever since the referendum. I'm used to it and don't let it get me, as the accusers are usually idiots. 

I choose to believe most English people are generally decent and respectful. We're just being made to look bad by a significant and noisy minority of yobs, with zero class, manners or respect for others. The bell-end who thought it was clever to bring a laser pointer to a football match should just never be allowed inside a stadium ever again IMO.

I'm of the mindset that if people are being disrespectful towards you, the best response is to rise above it and be the better person. But obviously others will respond differently.

 

Quality post @AnglianRed 👍

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Uwe said:

But in Scotland I don’t believe it’s in the minority. It’s not just mindless yobs. It’s those type but also their dads, mam’s, nana, granddad postman and dogs. It’s in the media in their art it’s as important to hate the English as it is to love being Scottish. 
Scotland is a beautiful country Edinburgh is magnificent, Aberdeen is really cosmopolitan the Cairngorms are unrivalled in beauty. That have so much to love but prefer hate over all of it. 
Again just my opinion from living and working there for many years

So, in other words, Scotland would be a great place if it weren't full of Scots? 😁

 

I don't have your level of experience of living & working there, but I'd be amazed if every single Scot hated us.

I imagine plenty do and most of them are probably lifelong, dyed-in-the-wool SNP members. I'd also imagine most football fans over there have been conditioned to hate us.

Think there may be something of the classic Napoleon complex going on as well, being a country of around 6 million people versus 50-odd million.

So I accept there is undoubtedly a lot of hate there (and obviously their media love it when they can write negative stuff about us), but I have trouble believing the entire country hates us.

 

I wouldn't want to believe that any more than I'd want other countries thinking England is a nation of racist thugs off the back of seeing a stadium (or half a stadium) of idiots booing other countries' national anthems.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Uwe said:

But in Scotland I don’t believe it’s in the minority. It’s not just mindless yobs. It’s those type but also their dads, mam’s, nana, granddad postman and dogs. It’s in the media in their art it’s as important to hate the English as it is to love being Scottish. 
Scotland is a beautiful country Edinburgh is magnificent, Aberdeen is really cosmopolitan the Cairngorms are unrivalled in beauty. That have so much to love but prefer hate over all of it. 
Again just my opinion from living and working there for many years

You've obviously got plenty more experience to me in that area mate and I wouldn't seek to dispute that... but I would also say look at the paper this is coming from.

The National is outwardly pro-independence, just like we've had plenty of pro-independence newspapers who've told Europe to sod off and celebrated on the White Cliffs of Dover. This is just part of their narrative. Doesn't make it any less daft of course, just I guess it's to be expected somewhat.

I can't say I've seen any of the other papers from up there though so I could be way off, just seems like this is preaching to the converted a little.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

You've obviously got plenty more experience to me in that area mate and I wouldn't seek to dispute that... but I would also say look at the paper this is coming from.

The National is outwardly pro-independence, just like we've had plenty of pro-independence newspapers who've told Europe to sod off and celebrated on the White Cliffs of Dover. This is just part of their narrative. Doesn't make it any less daft of course, just I guess it's to be expected somewhat.

I can't say I've seen any of the other papers from up there though so I could be way off, just seems like this is preaching to the converted a little.

Now who’s indulging in whataboutary 😉

 I’ve decided to chill out and a bit of self reflection. 
I was too tied up in the #anyonebutengland which is vile at the least. And I’ve decided my obsession with the Scots is just as bad as their obsession with the English and it’s not healthy (on either side) 

After reading all the negative comments on here about what should’ve been a joyous occasion on Wednesday night, it really hit a nerve that the jocks seem get a free pass but that is a me problem. 
So I apologise, move on and it’s nothing but positivity from now on. 
I have my kids, some face paint, a bucket load of pizza and hopefully something to remember

 C’MON 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

So, in other words, Scotland would be a great place if it weren't full of Scots? 😁

I’ve said this for many years 😂
 

But let me share a a joke that was hung up in my local pub when’s lived in Aberdeen Filthy’s MacNasty’s (Great name, ran by two girls from Hartlepool of all things) it use to make me smile 😃 

 

AA0CAEE2-1576-4115-B623-6652B97B5DCA.jpeg

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • 1. Are you starting to feel optimistic about the season yet? Still no. We've beat arguably the two worst teams in the league. NW has had a huge slice of luck having this run of games, 2. Should Crooks and Payero be our midfield partnership from now on? Yes. I know Neil (and by extension, the Gazette) have been making a big deal out of it, but it is nice to see Crooks take Martin under his wing and hopefully that helps Martin acclimate a bit faster. 3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A) Honestly, 6 minimum - with their form, we should be looking to beat both Cardiff & Birmingham. Luton are a really decent team this year though, so I'd happily take a draw down there. 4. Who is the better manager out of Warnock and McCarthy? That's like asking what's the better pain, being punched in the face or the nads. 5. Starting 11 and formation?                         Lumley Howson - McNair - Bamba - Peltier                  Payero - Crooks Tavernier               -             Jones/Hernandez                   Watmore                            Sporar A 4231 / 424 style formation with Watmore playing just off Sporar. Think with how well they've been doing, Payero & Crooks have to stay together, and IMO Howson was much better at RB the other night than I've seen him be in CM in a long time. 6. Who scored the 2nd goal against Barnsley, Sol or Crooksy? Crooks I think, although it was very close!
    • Cardiff City vs Middlesbrough FC                                                              Saturday 23rd October – 12:30 pm (Sky Sports)                                                                              Cardiff City Stadium Current standings: Boro continue to climb up the table and we find ourselves in a reasonable 10th place. The Bluebirds are in free fall and Mick Mccarthy might be the most hated man in Cardiff right now. If he doesn't get something from this game he's most likely getting sacked. Views from various Cardiff City fans on social media/forums: "Weird that the bookies have us as favourites when we have lost 7 games in succession conceding 17 goals and scoring 1 and have the worst home record in the division. Fear we will get a draw and be stuck with MM." "1-1 if we are lucky and Boro are poor." "Much better yesterday, we need a bit of luck and maybe a fluky goal and the confidence will slowly return, we are better than those results show, McCarthy has been picking the wrong team for most of those games!" "I’d take Warnock back tomorrow." "Boro will be too streetwise, one of our ex players bound to score. Think I'd actually applaud Sol even if its a scruffy tap in, fair play to him." "If Bamba gets McCarthy sacked he’ll become Cardiff’s biggest ever legend" "I’ve been to our last 7 games home and away and seen us score 1 and concede 17. Much better performance tonight but still dire." "Mick McCarthy's recent record at Cardiff City... - Seven defeats in a row - Nine defeats in 10 - One goal in 630 minutes" "Boro will be an interesting game. Neil Warnock getting all the applause while Mick gets all the abuse. The way it should be" "It’s been 172 days since Cardiff last scored a goal in the first half" Questions: 1. Are you starting to feel optimistic about the season yet? 2. Should Crooks and Payero be our midfield partnership from now on? 3. How many points do you expect from the next 3?  Cardiff (A), Birmingham(H), Luton(A) 4. Who is the better manager out of Warnock and McCarthy? 5. Starting 11 and formation? 6. Who scored the 2nd goal against Barnsley, Sol or Crooksy?                                                         (These wins are coming fast so these threads are getting briefer 😁)  
    • In Tavs defence, what attacking coaches has he had to work with over the last few years?    Warnock, Pulis and Woodgate were hardly known for their attacking prowess. I’d say Robbie Keane would have taught him a thing or two but at 22 you can always develop and I’m sure with more chances he would get more composure.    Id probably say that the whole team could do with a prolonged period of dominance in games to get some more composure and match practice at shooting. Last nights game showed how in the final third we are so nervous in my opinion. Not just Tav but everyone. 
    • I think it was Patrick Kielty who once said that when non-Irish do Irish impersonations, its always the Cork accent they imitate. 😁
    • Just realised I've exactly the same games won/drawn/lost and points as Boro 

×
×
  • Create New...