oneBoro Forum

EURO FINAL 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇮🇹

6 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Apologies, my intention here wasn't to infer that England is just as bad, more that nationalist papers do what nationalist papers do; promote nationalism. It is a bit pathetic but that's their raison d'etre and if I was fluent in nationalist papers from outside England, I could have perhaps came up with a better example.

Don’t worry buddy it was a very much tongue in cheek remark not to be taken seriously 👍

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

I think for me it's partly about the connection to the area too. I don't hold much connection to the entirety of England but I love coming from Middlesbrough, I've lived and worked in a few places aro

Congrats, friends ...  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 V 🇩🇰 @ Wembley  ...   Good luck to y'all! 

Posted Images

Heading away with the good lady wife so won’t be back on before the final. Sincerest best wishes to the ordinary English fans on here. Hope it happens for you 💪

• Like 7
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m going through more emotions than a teenager at the moment. Ranging from quite confident to really nervous. Right now I’ve been reading up on Italy’s CB pairing. As good as they are they are quite old, but we know that already. But the more I think about it the more certain I am that Sterling or Saka will get past them once or twice where I think it will result in a penalty for England. (So expect more conspiracy theories) 

• Like 2

Today's the day.

The biggest match England have played since 1966.

One win from glory, one win from Southgate getting a knighthood.

Italy are probably the toughest opponents we've faced, so it's going to take some effort to overcome them.

Come on, England!

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It would sound like it, because I'd be shocked if he dropped Shaw and Walker after their past few games.

I'd be very worried about the midfield though with a 5 at the back

Pickford 

Walker Stones Maguire

Trippier                                   Shaw

Phillips       Rice

Grealish                               Sterling 

Kane

A quick word on the Scots, having lived here since 1987: it's impossible to tell where banter ends and Anglophobia starts. Some people just absolutely hate the English and everything south of the Border with an unalloyed passion. I remember a woman saying Vauxhall using the Union flag on their billboard ads made her physically sick. It runs that deep.

And for any English people feeling bad about hearing fans booing foreign anthems at Wembley, that's nothing compared to Scots booing God Save The Queen - technically their own anthem - at Hampden. It's absolutely ear-splitting. Not just a boorish minority, but every man, woman and child (sadly) in the stadium. Every single time.

Onto the match - is anyone actually looking forward to it? I am dreading it! A win would be great, but I suspect it'll be either 90 or 120 minutes of anguish and nail-chewing. Like the Brighton game but without the safety net of the play-offs if it all went wrong... 

• Like 2