• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After tonight, I can't wait to cheer the first goal back at the Riverside. I'm terrified of the virus, my heads all over the place thinking about where we go from here but despite everything I've done

A picture of both England's goal scorers and the guy in the middle with the assist for the winner 😁🙃

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

In each game this tournament Southgate seems to have set up his team to counter/ nullify his opponent.

I wonder if that means we'll see a return of the wing backs tonight? The Danes have had a lot of joy from out wide from Maehle et al, so Gareth might try to do what he did to Gosens in the Germany game and pin the wide players back in defence.

I think we could see a version of the 5. Gosens was very much a wing-back. Whereas Maehle posses a different test entirely as he's a right footer playing on the left. They'll still get the overloads, (if they stick with the 3-4-3 and we have a 4) but I think he's more prone to cutting in than Gosens would have been.

We last won it 29 years ago. I was 11 years old back then. I was 29 when my daughter was born and she is 11 years old now. It's written in the stars that we will lift the trophy this year. And what about that ITV curse?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

We last won it 29 years ago. I was 11 years old back then. I was 29 when my daughter was born and she is 11 years old now. It's written in the stars that we will lift the trophy this year. And what about that ITV curse?

Even if we win tonight, watching it on ITV will be a bloody curse on us all.

• Haha 1
Just now, Brunners said:

Jermaine Jenas is up there too in the "worst commentator" category.

I honestly think the best co-commentators we've had in these finals have been Robbie Savage and Ally McCoist. Bit of a low bar but there you go.

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Lee Dixon is the worst. Worse than Danny Murphy.

I dont get why the trend is for the "colour" commentators to be miserable as sin!

That's why some many like Ally Mccoist, he's passionate and sounds like he's actually enjoying himself!

Jan Mølby does quite a lot of commentating in Denmark. His humor is as dry as the Nevada desert. Last night when one of the italians had cramp his comment was "Yeah players now a days aren't as fit as they were in my time. They can't play all these games". His co-commentator had a small laugh and asked whether it was possible to get a cramp when you spend the entire match inside the centre circle, to which Mølby just replied "I don't know. It was always my teammates who were on the floor crying and whining".

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

pity Danny Murphy is so annoying as a commentator because i really liked him as a player. he was cultured and easy on the eye but has a sinister side with some of his commentary lines. works the other way too cos i really liked Bellamy when punditing. most annoying for me are Darren Bent, Redknapp, Tony Gale and Micah Richards. WHY DO THEY INSIST ON SAYING   "LIKE I SAID EARLIER all the time when they clearly havent. plus my pet hate word.....listen.

i realise now just how good Andy Gray was. 

• Like 2