oneBoro Forum

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Vs Denmark 🇩🇰 @ Wembley

England by far the better team, fully deserved the win, and all is well in the world.

The evil English ride again.

(For the avoidance of doubt, it shouldn't have been a penalty, but we should have had one before, and Denmark took the lead through a non-existent foul)

I'm not happy we beat Denmark, I'm just happy England are finally in a final again.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 3
  • Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After tonight, I can't wait to cheer the first goal back at the Riverside. I'm terrified of the virus, my heads all over the place thinking about where we go from here but despite everything I've done

A picture of both England's goal scorers and the guy in the middle with the assist for the winner 😁🙃

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

The original freekick yes. The 2nd no.

Seen them given, though, in the past. I thought it was soft but I wouldn't go so far as to say it definitely wasn't a free kick either, to be honest.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

@Borodaneand @SmogDaneunfortunate tonight for your lads. But we still love you! Cheering for England or Italy come Sunday?

Yes a bit of bad luck for you guys but you sure did give us a game and a real scare.

You do have a team for the people

• Like 2

Regardless of the penalty decision, can we all at least agree that only one team was going to score in extra time, and it wasn't Denmark.

Southgate again with the tactical masterclass, knowing our players are fitter he waited until the Danes were absolutely knackered to bring on fresh legs. Once that happened there was no chance for them. We really could have scored another two or three towards the end but we chose to just retain possession instead.

If we can tire out the Italians on Sunday, we may just well be lifting that trophy!

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Regardless of the penalty decision, can we all at least agree that only one team was going to score in extra time, and it wasn't Denmark.

Southgate again with the tactical masterclass, knowing our players are fitter he waited until the Danes were absolutely knackered to bring on fresh legs. Once that happened there was no chance for them. We really could have scored another two or three towards the end but we chose to just retain possession instead.

If we can tire out the Italians on Sunday, we may just well be lifting that trophy!

I can agree with this. Southgate knew what he was doing and played a blinder

7 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Well there is definitely something on the pitch but there's absolutely nothing coming out about what it was besides speculation is there? It looks so obvious I feel you have to think it must not be a ball.

Turns out the Danish manager was talking to the 4th official right up until the foul that there was a second ball on the pitch and that play had to be stopped. For some odd reason the refs and the VAR room looked through the fingers with that. Heard on the radio on my way back home that Foden had quickly kicked the ball out as soon as Sterling went down much to the annoyance of the entire Danish bench and staff. Højbjerg also complained to the ref in the first half that the crowd was using laser pen(s) on the Danish players and that there was a problem with that. Danish FA has also complained to UEFA to have them look into that. Top notch sportsmanship!

29 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yeah I agree with this, I felt the goal was coming in extra time and if it wasn't the penalty it would have come eventually. 

While the laser pen pointing is poor sportsmanship (not to mention *** dangerous) there's not really a lot the officials can do about it. 

I don't think ITV even once referenced the second ball on the pitch, even during showing the replays of the penalty decision. It's a strange one, for sure.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned Braithwaite on here either, he still looks the same player that we had here. Decent movement, a few nice touches but overall nowhere near good enough to trouble the bigger, stronger and faster defenders like Maguire and Stones. 

I said when he was here that Braithwaite would get absolutely bullied in the Premier league and I didn't see anything last night to change my mind. 

It still amazes me that he's at Barcelona. 

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned Braithwaite on here either, he still looks the same player that we had here. Decent movement, a few nice touches but overall nowhere near good enough to trouble the bigger, stronger and faster defenders like Maguire and Stones. 

I said when he was here that Braithwaite would get absolutely bullied in the Premier league and I didn't see anything last night to change my mind. 

It still amazes me that he's at Barcelona. 

I have no idea why he played the whole game, he did pretty much nothing!

25 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Turns out the Danish manager was talking to the 4th official right up until the foul that there was a second ball on the pitch and that play had to be stopped. For some odd reason the refs and the VAR room looked through the fingers with that. Heard on the radio on my way back home that Foden had quickly kicked the ball out as soon as Sterling went down much to the annoyance of the entire Danish bench and staff. Højbjerg also complained to the ref in the first half that the crowd was using laser pen(s) on the Danish players and that there was a problem with that. Danish FA has also complained to UEFA to have them look into that. Top notch sportsmanship!

Genuinely no idea how it has been overlooked if it was a matchball on the pitch. Just spitballing but I suppose the officials could've come to the decision that it had no impact on the play as everyone clearly knew which ball was the active game ball and didn't want to rule out a key part of the game for something that didn't have any effect on it. That's not to excuse it, just trying to put myself into the mind of the ref who from what you've said has clearly been made aware of the ball there and still decided to award the penalty. (There's also a chance something like that is not in VAR's remit, so they couldn't make a decision retrospectively).