• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After tonight, I can't wait to cheer the first goal back at the Riverside. I'm terrified of the virus, my heads all over the place thinking about where we go from here but despite everything I've done

A picture of both England's goal scorers and the guy in the middle with the assist for the winner 😁🙃

Posted Images

To add to the contentious refereeing debate. Thomas Delaney committed five fouls without being booked, at least three of which I thought were worthy of yellow cards. He was getting away with just about everything. Cynical late challenges, professional fouls, the lot. He had a great game and we were noticeably better when transitioning into attack when he left the field, but he was extremely fortunate to not be booked at least once. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

To add to the contentious refereeing debate. Thomas Delaney committed five fouls without being booked, at least three of which I thought were worthy of yellow cards. He was getting away with just about everything. Cynical late challenges, professional fouls, the lot. He had a great game and we were noticeably better when transitioning into attack when he left the field, but he was extremely fortunate to not be booked at least once. 

This was standard across the team, Yousuf Poulsen came on and one of the first things he did was cynically pull Maguire's shirt to stop him breaking forwards and playing the ball. The fact only one Danish player got booked last night is shocking

• Like 1

If there was 2 balls on the pitch, there is only one man i trust with the great sense of smell to determine if this was the case.

Onto the game absolutely buzzing we got there. I feel the referee was awful for both teams. Sterling and Walker were sublime. On another note hopefully Pickford sorts his head out I feel he struggled after that initial throw out error and didn't look as composed as he has done all tournament. I feel we deserved to go through as after 70minutes there was really only one team in it. It was similar to the semi final we had with Croatia where we had nothing left. 

cd5556a7935f00d7c230b78976cfa99b_w200.gif

Imagine seeing Sterling or Kane getting that elbow to the face that Kjær got from Maguire. They'd still be rolling around the pitch as I type this.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Imagine seeing Sterling or Kane getting that elbow to the face that Kjær got from Maguire. They'd still be rolling around the pitch as I type this.

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Reffing was poor last night but come on... you guys benefitted from it too. I'm not buying into a Denmark were robbed by the ref narrative! (Not saying you claimed that btw, but many on social media are).  

Shaw's hand brushed 6 foot 5 centre half Christiansen's waist and he hit the deck like a sniper had shot him. But nobody will remember that because the free kick was a belter 🤷‍♂️

Very strong shout for a pen against Kane waved away. 

You also got one yellow card for 21 fouls. TWENTY ONE. Mostly tactical trips when England players were away too - how Delaney wasn't booked for constant cynical fouling was a joke. 

6 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Reffing was poor last night but come on... you guys benefitted from it too. I'm not buying into a Denmark were robbed by the ref narrative! (Not saying you claimed that btw, but many on social media are).  

Shaw's hand brushed 6 foot 5 centre half Christiansen's waist and he hit the deck like a sniper had shot him. But nobody will remember that because the free kick was a belter 🤷‍♂️

Very strong shout for a pen against Kane waved away. 

You also got one yellow card for 21 fouls. TWENTY ONE. Mostly tactical trips when England players were away too - how Delaney wasn't booked for constant cynical fouling was a joke. 

Not to mention their wall was borderline illegal for their free kick AND Kjaer ran straight through the edge of the England wall basically as it was taken. Absolutely believe there's an argument there that free kick should have been retaken.

• Like 1

I thought the first penalty claim, for the challenge on Kane was the least contentious of the two. Unless it was give as a freekick for Kane's challenge with Poulsen, before he got into the box, I still can't understand why it wasn't given. And having seen this angle on twitter of Sterling's, I really don't think it's that contentious of a call.