oneBoro Forum

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ Vs Denmark ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ @ Wembley

What do people think of Atomic Kitten's re-mixed, re-released "Southgate You're the One"? Dare I be in the minority and admit that I love it?ย ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

ย 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After tonight, I can't wait to cheer the first goal back at the Riverside.ย I'm terrified of the virus, my heads all over the place thinking about where we go from here but despite everything I've done

A picture of both England's goal scorers and the guy in the middle with the assist for the winner ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™ƒ

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

You still have to take your opponents well being into consideration and maguire didnโ€™t do that. Yellow cards are dished out almost every time for an elbow to the face. Just like diving into tackles. When you donโ€™t win the ball and catches the opponent with a raised boot youโ€™re in the book. Itโ€™s still football and not MMA๐Ÿ˜€

We'll agree to disagree, as far as I'm concerned Maguire has never been a dirty player and had his eyes on theย ball he uses he's arms to gain momentum like all CB's do.ย 

3 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

We'll agree to disagree, as far as I'm concerned Maguire has never been a dirty player and had his eyes on theย ball he uses he's arms to gain momentum like all CB's do.ย 

Ok then. But it doesnโ€™t happen very often and when it does itโ€™s usually a booking because you always have to look out for your opponent when going in with full force. Itโ€™s not an excuse that you have to jump with your elbows raised. Itโ€™s a risk you take to get more power but when you hit you have to take the penalty for it.ย 

22 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I canโ€™t answer for other countries but I have never ever heard booing when Denmark play at home. I think itโ€™s disgraceful.ย 

I agree you should respect other countries national anthems, but you surely can't single England out as the only one, unfortunately there'sย always morons who spoil itย for others.ย 

I watched the England match last night with my girlfriend; the first important match sheย has watched with me in our three and a half years together. Apparently, among other things: Iย lookedย on the verge of tears for most of it, I went a different colour, it was the most aggression I have ever shown, I had a constant sweaty forehead andย was always drying my sweaty palms,ย pushed her hand away several times, and even told ourย cat Polly to "*something*ย off"ย when she incessantly rubbedย against my feetย just beforeย Kane's penalty.

I don't think she realises quite how distressing England matches are for us and that this is fairly normal football fan behaviour (well except for poor Polly). Either that or I'm aย bit unhingedย ๐Ÿ˜…

• Haha 3

the ref was totally inconsistent with his decisions all night. he was awful and for me ruining the game somewhat. he stopped it flowing. once a few of the players sussed he was blowing for fook all the exploited it.

i was totally baffled when he blew for that freekick dalsgard scored from. the danes were better at conning the ref than us for a while but our star conmen soon got to grips with it and won the game. lol

the game itself i though we were the better side and deserved to win, but the danes did really well at breaking things up in midfield and for a while i was getting a bit worried. but then the tried rapidly and in the end we probably could have scored more if we desired to. some of them could barely run in extra time.

southgate for all the good he's done is still a right moron tactically. starting with saka ffs. foden and grealish when they came on changed the game for us. cant believe he subbed grealish, what a cock. i hate managers who do that.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Its clearly notย right disrespecting your opponents national anthem, so when England are playing away your not telling me the opposition fans all stand and respect the English national anthem.

There are morons everywhere but when did you hear GSTQ being booed by opposition supporters?

English fans do it routinely to every opponents National Anthem regardless of who they are but I can't think of the last time I heard opposition fans booing GSTQ. Worse still is that the "minority" now seem to be a quite sizeable and very vocal element. I agree with Anglian Red in that we need far better security and surveillance in Stadia to help identify culprits.

Problem is that if they were caught what would they be charged with? I don't think disrespecting a National Anthem is actually a criminal offence and even if it was,ย what punishment would they face to go along with the stereotypical "65 previous other offences" andย therein lies one of the root causes of a lost generation which is now severalย generations.

Usual excuses of unemployment and poverty allied to a poor education and ignorance isn't a purely English affliction yet we seem to have spawned a society of untouchable, petulant, self entitled teens, twenty, thirty and forty somethings.ย 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Uwe said:

I donโ€™t understand this. If people boo the GSTQ. It wouldnโ€™t feature on my radar. Even if I was inย the stadium and it happened my biggest reaction would beย an eye roll. Why is this so important an I missing something ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

You aren't missing anything, it's not important. It's just fashionable to be outraged about anything and everything and if it's about England/the English then even more so.ย 

Nevermind though, they can all suck eggs because ITS COMING HOME!ย 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

the ref was totally inconsistent with his decisions all night. he was awful and for me ruining the game somewhat. he stopped it flowing. once a few of the players sussed he was blowing for fook all the exploited it.

i was totally baffled when he blew for that freekick dalsgard scored from. the danes were better at conning the ref than us for a while but our star conmen soon got to grips with it and won the game. lol

the game itself i though we were the better side and deserved to win, but the danes did really well at breaking things up in midfield and for a while i was getting a bit worried. but then the tried rapidly and in the end we probably could have scored more if we desired to. some of them could barely run in extra time.

southgate for all the good he's done is still a right moron tactically. starting with saka ffs. foden and grealish when they came on changed the game for us. cant believe he subbed grealish, what a cock. i hate managers who do that.

What? Southgate has got literally every tactical decision right so far...what a bizarre take!

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

What? Southgate has got literally every tactical decision right so far...what a bizarre take!

image.gif.96ef08e3d60de16a3f3625432fb427fa.gif

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dan1234 said:

You aren't missing anything, it's not important. It's just fashionable to be outraged about anything and everything and if it's about England/the English then even more so.ย 

Nevermind though, they can all suck eggs because ITS COMING HOME!ย 

Do you honestly think people think itโ€™s disrespectful because itโ€™s the English that are doing it the most?ย I suppose we just have different opinions of what is disrespectful and small minded.ย 

• Like 2

Not quite sure why some find it so hard to see this right now is a problem localised in England, especially during this tournament. If you're bothered about the way people outside our country are perceiving us from the actions of the minority, why would you try and turn it back on those who are making those comments.

We can all see and hear it happening, point your fingers at the cretins doing it. If someone boos GSTQ elsewhere, throw them under the bus too. It's just common decency at the end of the day, respecting others' national pride and it costs absolutely nothing.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Apart from World War I, II

Did you seriously just say this? World war 1 ended 103 years ago. World war 2 76 years ago. If you seriously think this is relevant to anything in this day and age you need to go back to school. Not even taking into account that England did not win any world war alone.ย 

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Not quite sure why some find it so hard to see this right now is a problem localised in England, especially during this tournament. If you're bothered about the way people outside our country are perceiving us from the actions of the minority, why would you try and turn it back on those who are making those comments.

We can all see and hear it happening, point your fingers at the cretins doing it. If someone boos GSTQ elsewhere, throw them under the bus too. It's just common decency at the end of the day, respecting others' national pride and it costs absolutely nothing.

ย 

Once upon a time in the UKย  GSTQ was played at the closeย of performances in cinemas. There was just a mad stampede to get out, so it was discontinued.