• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After tonight, I can't wait to cheer the first goal back at the Riverside. I'm terrified of the virus, my heads all over the place thinking about where we go from here but despite everything I've done

A picture of both England's goal scorers and the guy in the middle with the assist for the winner 😁🙃

Posted Images

Banter over for today .. 

Congrats once more ... 

The first 70 mind it was an open game ...  But you won it in the end ... 

Good luck on Sunday

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

***, does that mean Denmark actually went through? Sodding hell. Football's going back to Denmark, lads.

BBC highlights are up now btw.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Wait what? The one where the danish player got the ball first and Kane kicked into his leg and again went down? It wasn’t even close to being a free kick let alone a pen. 

Watch it again then mate, Kane knicks the ball through and is brought down.

4 minutes ago, Will said:

*Kane took a touch and was brought down by a Danish player who was too slow to get there.

*kane took a touch, and the danish player was the quickest of the two and got to the ball first which meant Kane kicked his leg instead of the ball. 

• Like 1

I know there'll be some who are a bit like *** the Danes, at least we're through. And I also know this is coming from a thoroughly slashed England 'fan' with the benefit of having a final to watch their team in. So by all means, take this with the pinch of salt it deserves.

But what a tournament from the Danes.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Watch it again then mate, Kane knicks the ball through and is brought down.

It’s certainly not how I remember it but I guess I’ll have to see it again. Anyways congrats on reaching the final. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

*kane took a touch, and the danish player was the quickest of the two and got to the ball first which meant Kane kicked his leg instead of the ball. 

Think you need the same sight test @Blancoand @Neverbefore are popping in for.

• Haha 1

Did something very similar happen in the Swansea v Boro game?  Seem to remember that we couldn't come to a unanimous verdict on that one and it was one of those games where VAR would probably have made a difference in other incidents. 

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

BBC highlights are up now btw.

Well there is definitely something on the pitch but there's absolutely nothing coming out about what it was besides speculation is there? It looks so obvious I feel you have to think it must not be a ball.

As for the given penalty, Jensen touches him. I honestly don't know if it's enough or not for a penalty but he does touch him, with what looks like his leg and then his body. I do think in terms of judging the decisions, the Kane one when he went down is more of a penalty, the foul is 'clearer' but at the same time it's not clear and obviously an error for the ref to have to change his mind. And for the Sterling one, I think Jensen makes enough contact that checking it is also not a case of clear and obvious error by the ref. I think there have been worse cases in this tournament where clear and obvious has meant VAR has to get involved.

I guess in this respect, we have to know, do the VAR officials see that the same way? Do they see it as not clear and obvious? I'd assume that must be the case because the ref isn't called over to check the decision but will we ever find that out?

Both are definitely cases of where a footballer makes the most of a challenge though.

And there have definitely been occasions tonight and definitely throughout his career where Kane has gone down, as has been mentioned, in the way Paddy McNair does for Boro. Expecting the push and ready to go down when a brush is felt.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Will said:

Think you need the same sight test @Blancoand @Neverbefore are popping in for.

🤷‍♂️ I have tried to be as unbiased as possible but people like you make it very difficult for me to stay neutral 

Just now, Blanco said:

🤷‍♂️ I have tried to be as unbiased as possible but people like you make it very difficult for me to stay neutral 

It's a joke mate, I said I can accept the fact that the Sterling pen was contentious. As I said what I can't accept is the notion that he didn't get touched whatsoever. 

Same with the Kane one. Kane blatantly got the touch and then collided with the Danish player who was a hair slow, now you could say the Danish player can stand his ground and Kane ran into him so it's not a pen. But the facts are that Kane got the ball cleanly and Sterling was contacted by both players.

After tonight, I can't wait to cheer the first goal back at the Riverside. I'm terrified of the virus, my heads all over the place thinking about where we go from here but despite everything I've done and where we are, sod that, when we get our first goal at the Riverside in December, surrounded by our fellow Boro fans, I'm gonna go absolutely mental. The pandemic took this from me during perhaps one of our worst seasons in years and I know I'm gonna frigging love being back there once I get past all the fear and worry of what life beyond us brings now. It's a first world problem I know, there may be some who have lost a great deal more out of this than what I have but this means a lot to me.

I absolutely love football. I don't know where I'd be without it. The joy, the misery, the debates, the arguments, the love, the hate, the wins, the losses, the life of a football fan and what it does to enrich our lives, no matter where we value it most, so long as we value it. And I frigging moan about it a lot but I love talking about it.

I'm not even going with anyone any more. I'll miss being there with my best man and I can't wait for the chance to be back there with him again in the future when he can be. But I know for a fact after my first season ticket that part of my only way to deal with what's to come from here on in is to be there for pretty much every home game, to be part of the atmosphere or lack thereof. I love it, win or lose, there are few things that bring me as much joy as preparing for the journey, putting the card in at the turnstile, welcoming the lads onto the pitch, moaning about the bad, clapping the good, coming on here afterwards and arguing with you lot.

Just *** love football and I love following this club no matter what.

• Like 6