oneBoro Forum

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Vs Denmark 🇩🇰 @ Wembley

1 minute ago, JMC91 said:

I thought the first penalty claim, for the challenge on Kane was the least contentious of the two. Unless it was give as a freekick for Kane's challenge with Poulsen, before he got into the box, I still can't understand why it wasn't given. And having seen this angle on twitter of Sterling's, I really don't think it's that contentious of a call. 

Wait isn't he Irish.. that can't be right

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After tonight, I can't wait to cheer the first goal back at the Riverside. I'm terrified of the virus, my heads all over the place thinking about where we go from here but despite everything I've done

A picture of both England's goal scorers and the guy in the middle with the assist for the winner 😁🙃

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

I thought the first penalty claim, for the challenge on Kane was the least contentious of the two. Unless it was give as a freekick for Kane's challenge with Poulsen, before he got into the box, I still can't understand why it wasn't given. And having seen this angle on twitter of Sterling's, I really don't think it's that contentious of a call. 

More I see it the more I think it is a pen. Neither player is even attempting to get the ball.

I think it's one where if he manages to stay up he gets massive praise but has every right to go down looking at that.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JMC91 said:

Yep, that angle is pretty conclusive for me actually, you can see Maehle clip Sterlings leg and at the pace he was going it wasn't surprising he has gone down. Jensen is just clumsy.

That angle doesn't make me think 'stonewall penalty', it just confirms to me that there is no clear and obvious error by the referee to award it. There are cases for and against it, just as there was with the Kane one so I still feel validated in saying VAR did what it was supposed to in both situations.

• Like 1

Also, been clicking through some football vids this morning and came across a really good clip of a good old Southgate Boro fist pump. So here, for your enjoyment in respect of him taking England to a final, is a GIF.

southgatefistpump.gif.f719b874af40b4c60340af07c00191c8.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12351501/england-face-uefa-charge-after-fan-uses-laser-pointer-during-euro-2020-match-against-denmark

England have been charged by UEFA after a fan shone a laser pointer in Denmark goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel's face during Wednesday's Euro 2020 semi-final at Wembley.

England have also been charged for 'disturbance caused by its supporters during national anthem' and 'lighting of fireworks by its supporters'.

Fireworks? Were there fireworks in the stadium?

Bloody hell. I know there's not much they can do about the national anthem thing as it seems to be such a relatively widespread thing and they have tried to tell people to respect it but they won't 'cause they're bell-ends.

But the other things, if there were fireworks going off in the stadium and whoever used the bloody laser pointer, they can all get in the bin. Find them and find them quick because if they've got tickets for the final, they don't bloody deserve them.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, Brunners said:

Peter Walton agrees with the ref basically every time regardless so not really something to hold up as proof.

Honestly I felt the Kane incident in normal time should have been a penalty, so it was just fate evening out IMO.

I agree I was shocked that he didn't give a penalty when Kane went down.

I think the final against Italy will be a cracker, this will be 2 good footballing sides competing we all know that the Italians are the masters of going down like they've been shot by a sniper, but like us they've played some superb football. Our pace will cause them problems and no Spinazzola is a huge boost for us he was having a great tournament. We'll get chances against Italy and unlike Spain we need to take them. A good game but I believe we will find the way its an England win.

If anyone has booked a meal in an Italian restaurant on Sunday I think I'd check to make sure its going to be open.

Did not realise Spinnazzola was injured, thought he was suspended for the Spain game. That's a huge boost, Chiesa is the other real danger man for me.

1 minute ago, Will said:

Did not realise Spinnazzola was injured, thought he was suspended for the Spain game. That's a huge boost, Chiesa is the other real danger man for me.

Tore his achilles 😞

• Wow 1
22 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Thought the Ref was appalling,  how Delaney got away with out a booking for at least 3 clear yellow card offences amazed me.

He wasn't grea,t yellow card for Maguire was pathetic, I thought Vestergaard continually fouled every time a player went to go past him. He managed to penalize Shaw for the Denmark freekick (they scored from) despite 12/14  players all pushing and jostling each other on the edge of the box.

• Like 1

Anyone know who the referee is for the final? Personally I hope it’s Felix Brych. He’s been the stand out guy this tournament 

• Like 1