Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick photo of the Gaffer with my boy 👍

Coulson doing his best to avoid being sent to Ipswich.

Posted Images

Just now, nunthorpered said:

just reminded me, i need to rewatch all of these 

I just watched some Marshall Eriksen clips the other day. Best character in a TV show in years for me. Say what you want about how this show ended (badly) but I'll always love me some lawyering.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Struggling to understand Warnock persisting with this three at the back system with wing backs advanced up the pitch, we just do not have the players to make this work. Get back to four across the back and try to bed it in,, I know it’s only a friendly but at this rateFulham will slaughter us

It's not just that.  We clearly must still be using the man marking and as soon as Dijksteel follows his man away from their left hand side, there is a massive gap and nobody there for us.  If Dijksteel stays where he is, then one of our midfielders (who often pick up nobody) can pick up his man moving across the pitch, so there is no space left for their number 3.  People need to remember this when they complain about Spence being over on the left.  They are being told to do it by the manager.

Just watching the goals back and yeah, doesn't seem like the formation is the problem as much as the tactics alongside it. Getting Dijksteel to man mark a York City player and the player he's marking is the lad who scores the first and then he's nowhere to be seen for the cross for either.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

It's not just that.  We clearly must still be using the man marking and as soon as Dijksteel follows his man away from their left hand side, there is a massive gap and nobody there for us.  If Dijksteel stays where he is, then one of our midfielders (who often pick up nobody) can pick up his man moving across the pitch, so there is no space left for their number 3.  People need to remember this when they complain about Spence being over on the left.  They are being told to do it by the manager.

I was wondering if Paterson or Crooks is meant to drop in to cover when Dijksteel wanders off like that? Seems a bit silly to intentionally leave a huge hole out there.

Just now, Brunners said:

I was wondering if Paterson or Crooks is meant to drop in to cover when Dijksteel wanders off like that? Seems a bit silly to intentionally leave a huge hole out there.

I think it has to be Paterson.  I just think it's asking for trouble when you expect attacking players to think like defenders.  It's just not in their nature so they will basically forget sometimes.

Just now, Changing Times said:

I think it has to be Paterson.  I just think it's asking for trouble when you expect attacking players to think like defenders.  It's just not in their nature so they will basically forget sometimes.

Agree with you there.