Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick photo of the Gaffer with my boy đź‘Ť

Coulson doing his best to avoid being sent to Ipswich.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Ah well, I'll be interested to hear what Warnock has to say.

'The lads played really well I cant fault any of them, we played a very good side who pass the ball well and it was a good workout'.

Well that was quite worrying with the season proper only a couple of weeks away. There was no evidence of a tactical system and the lack of quality on display was evident throughout the side. Sufficient to say that a casual observer would have put York as the Championship side and Middlesbrough as the none league outfit. Not sure where we go from here

8 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Makes it even dafter we have let wing leave.

Why? I dont think anyone on here has him in they first favoured 11 and he would probably barely make a match day squad of many people.

If I was Wing I would be looking to get 10 goals at that level next season. And I fully expect each time he scores or assists, especially on a day we lose there to be a meltdown on here by some.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Why? I dont think anyone on here has him in they first favoured 11 and he would probably barely make a match day squad of many people.

If I was Wing I would be looking to get 10 goals at that level next season. And I fully expect each time he scores or assists, especially on a day we lose there to be a meltdown on here by some.

Which is weird in a way.  We're talking about a lad who has only started about 60 games for us, with another 30 or so sub appearances.  He has 13 goals and 8 assists from that.  Saville in 118 games had 12 goals and 8 assists.  Howson from 180 has 5 goals and 15 assists.  Crooks has played 57 times in the Championship and has 9 goals and 3 assists.  Besic had 3 goals and 6 assists from 56 games for us.  Obviously there's more to football than just goals and assists, but it is weird that a lad who has only ever really had one proper run in the team, and has comparatively better stats than players we have wasted millions on in these areas, isn't good enough for us.  In Wing's one 'full' season for us, his stats are better than Crooks were last season, having played fewer minutes.  One is shipped out again, one comes in for a million quid or whatever.

• Like 1

also the Howson/Morsy question..

obviously Howsons 1st game, but Morsy seems to play the base of the midfield role better.

PLaying howson at the base and Morsy in the 8 role, is/will not be as effective as Morsy at the base and Payero/Crooks in the 8

19 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I'd have him starting.

His goals and assists are imperative in a team that struggles to score.

Warnock says he intentionally played the system because he wouldn't play it in a league game vs 4 at the back and wanted to see what problems it caused and that's why we didn't change tactic during the game.

Watmore left out because he was tired didn't wanna risk him. Tav left out cause he felt tight

• Thanks 1