Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Recommended Posts

Just now, Brunners said:

Warnock says he intentionally played the system because he wouldn't play it in a league game vs 4 at the back and wanted to see what problems it caused and that's why we didn't change tactic during the game.

Watmore left out because he was tired didn't wanna risk him. Tav left out cause he felt tight

Ah, some clarity about the season ahead then if that is the case.  Our formation will be dependent on what we think the opposition will be playing.  If they play a three at the back then we play a three at the back.  If they play a four then presumably we play a four.  All about matching them up I guess for our man marky thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick photo of the Gaffer with my boy 👍

Coulson doing his best to avoid being sent to Ipswich.

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

Ah, some clarity about the season ahead then if that is the case.  Our formation will be dependent on what we think the opposition will be playing.  If they play a three at the back then we play a three at the back.  If they play a four then presumably we play a four.  All about matching them up I guess for our man marky thing.

Pretty much, think we did a similar thing for at portions of last season too.

I know last year we tried not to play 3 at the back if the opponent only played 1 up top because NW thinks that's too many CBs for one striker.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aphex_Boro said:

Any word on Uche?

Nothing in the club interview. That seems more likely to come out through the press stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Warnock says he intentionally played the system because he wouldn't play it in a league game vs 4 at the back and wanted to see what problems it caused and that's why we didn't change tactic during the game.

Watmore left out because he was tired didn't wanna risk him. Tav left out cause he felt tight

That helps a little .. So it was a case of what NOT to do .. 
Good work out for some .. Worrying with injuries though .. We are thinner and thinner, it seems

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

At least that means he recognises it wasn't working, so hopefully it's no set in stone.

guess the idea is that the same 11 can switch between 433 and 343/5231/532

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Warnock says he intentionally played the system because he wouldn't play it in a league game vs 4 at the back and wanted to see what problems it caused and that's why we didn't change tactic during the game.

Watmore left out because he was tired didn't wanna risk him. Tav left out cause he felt tight

My mrs feels tight but she don't get a day off

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Warnock says he intentionally played the system because he wouldn't play it in a league game vs 4 at the back and wanted to see what problems it caused and that's why we didn't change tactic during the game.

Watmore left out because he was tired didn't wanna risk him. Tav left out cause he felt tight

This doesn't make any sense to me at all. He knew it wouldn't work but he did it anyway? Surely pre season should be about getting the players (particularly the new ones) to play how we expect them to play when the season starts? Sorry Neil, but that's yet more rubbish from a post match interview, season hasn't even started yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

This doesn't make any sense to me at all. He knew it wouldn't work but he did it anyway? Surely pre season should be about getting the players (particularly the new ones) to play how we expect them to play when the season starts? Sorry Neil, but that's yet more rubbish from a post match interview, season hasn't even started yet. 

It's not that silly. Gives you footage to watch about what happens when you play 3 at the back vs their formation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Latest Posts

    • I think I remember reading that you are allowed to eat at different times or something like that if it effects your work.
    • Well yeah. One is observing religious doctrine while the other is just laziness! 😁 But I was thinking it must be far more difficult to fast during daylight hours, for a prolonged period of time, while still maintaining pro footballer levels of fitness. But as Sanddancer explained, there is some flexibility for people in certain situations where it may not be practical.   Thanks for clearing that up. I was not aware of this. 👍  
    • There was Zemmama as well during Mowbray's time. I seem to recall  Mogga using him sparingly during Ramadan because of him fasting or did I just imagine that?
    • Having lived and worked in Asia (Dubai) for 34 years I can vouch Ramadan is upheld by many and they still go about there work, well more now then ever. There was a time when food outlets closed before sunset to help calm temptation but recently they are open as usual, and even alcohol. Just be aware and show some respect and it's fine. The middle east celebrates many cultural festivals and just recently, Jewish..  I have recently heard they may be changing Friday weekend to coincide with the western world. Actually when I first went to Dubai it was actually a Saturday. Obviously this has a lot to do with business.  The idea that all Muslim must fast during the Holy month is incorrect as they can fast at a given time more suitable. These could include travel, pregnancy, medial reasons and a host of others. However as its one of five pillars of Islam one really should adhere..  The point being it cannot be made an excuse..    https://www.zakat.org/valid-exemptions-for-not-fasting-ramadan
    • I think fasting during Ramadan is light years away from just skipping Breakfast!

×
×
  • Create New...