oneBoro Forum

BORO Friendlies

Just now, Brunners said:

Warnock says he intentionally played the system because he wouldn't play it in a league game vs 4 at the back and wanted to see what problems it caused and that's why we didn't change tactic during the game.

Watmore left out because he was tired didn't wanna risk him. Tav left out cause he felt tight

Ah, some clarity about the season ahead then if that is the case.  Our formation will be dependent on what we think the opposition will be playing.  If they play a three at the back then we play a three at the back.  If they play a four then presumably we play a four.  All about matching them up I guess for our man marky thing.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick photo of the Gaffer with my boy 👍

Coulson doing his best to avoid being sent to Ipswich.

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

Ah, some clarity about the season ahead then if that is the case.  Our formation will be dependent on what we think the opposition will be playing.  If they play a three at the back then we play a three at the back.  If they play a four then presumably we play a four.  All about matching them up I guess for our man marky thing.

Pretty much, think we did a similar thing for at portions of last season too.

I know last year we tried not to play 3 at the back if the opponent only played 1 up top because NW thinks that's too many CBs for one striker.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Warnock says he intentionally played the system because he wouldn't play it in a league game vs 4 at the back and wanted to see what problems it caused and that's why we didn't change tactic during the game.

Watmore left out because he was tired didn't wanna risk him. Tav left out cause he felt tight

That helps a little .. So it was a case of what NOT to do .. 
Good work out for some .. Worrying with injuries though .. We are thinner and thinner, it seems

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

At least that means he recognises it wasn't working, so hopefully it's no set in stone.

guess the idea is that the same 11 can switch between 433 and 343/5231/532

21 minutes ago, Brunners said:

My mrs feels tight but she don't get a day off

• Haha 3
24 minutes ago, Brunners said:

This doesn't make any sense to me at all. He knew it wouldn't work but he did it anyway? Surely pre season should be about getting the players (particularly the new ones) to play how we expect them to play when the season starts? Sorry Neil, but that's yet more rubbish from a post match interview, season hasn't even started yet. 

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

This doesn't make any sense to me at all. He knew it wouldn't work but he did it anyway? Surely pre season should be about getting the players (particularly the new ones) to play how we expect them to play when the season starts? Sorry Neil, but that's yet more rubbish from a post match interview, season hasn't even started yet. 

It's not that silly. Gives you footage to watch about what happens when you play 3 at the back vs their formation.

• Like 1